Utterly Poisonous Extract One

Utterly Poisonous Extract One

A Story by Perennial
"

N/A

"

It was frustrating, of course, being so close to it and not seeing anything suspicious. All I can say is that I'm glad Kay dragged us off to the library in the first place, and that Becky and I have annoyingly large clean streaks.

 

It all began in the library, on the other side of school to the Dining Hall, where Kay had gathered us to 'research' things we might find useful as detectives. The dinner bell went and, Kay and Addie being Kay and Addie, rushed off to dinner to fill their ever-hungry stomachs. Becky hoisted up a pile of encyclopaedias and opened the cabinet where said encyclopedias are kept. She gave a short shriek and took a step back, caught her heel on one of Kay's half-finished mystery novel manuscripts and went careening to the floor. I picked up the encyclopedias and went to put them in the cabinet. I do not think that in those first moments of shock that I truly realised the situation. For a moment I braced myself for my punishment. For you see, Amy Troy is our Head Girl here in Perennial School For Girls. And it was her dead body Becky and I found in the Encyclopedia Cabinet.

© 2016 Perennial


Author's Note

Perennial
Please give feedback!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on November 19, 2016
Last Updated on November 19, 2016
Tags: crime, school, england

Author

Perennial
Perennial

About
I write mystery and am working on a novel series. more..