The Fearless Meets the Future

The Fearless Meets the Future

A Poem by OctoberDawn
"

Looking forward we must also look behind; to become the people we wish to be, we cannot lose sight of our former selves.

"

Today I was a fearless man with my face against the wind. Though tomorrow is not known to me, I hope to be again. In days gone by I've been a lovesick boy, brash without reserve. Though the future is not known to me I hope again to gain the nerve.

Yesterday I held the key because I cared not of its weight, but even sparrows must concede with the direction the wind dictates My path is not known to me but my friends lay in my heart, No sooner will their value leave me than will my final hour depart.

© 2013 OctoberDawn


Author's Note

OctoberDawn
A poem I wrote about moving to a new city and and starting a new chapter in my life.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The only thing I have to say about this is that it has musicality issues in a couple of lines. Other than that, it's amazing, filled with juicy lines and vivid imagery! Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on September 1, 2013
Tags: Future, Fearless, Wind, Heartache, Loss, Love

Author

OctoberDawn
OctoberDawn

CO



About
My name is Criss Hill, I'm 20 and I'm from Colorado. I don't so much consciously write poetry as my heart takes control of my pen and urges me to capture a pale fragment of the beauty and heartbreak o.. more..

Writing
Strength Strength

A Poem by OctoberDawn


Good Man Good Man

A Poem by OctoberDawn