Following Seas

Following Seas

A Poem by Crow
"

And a Happy New Year to all.

"
To my brother. And the lass who holds my heart:

In the coming days, my brother you'll be gone.

Sailing to foreign shores to emblazon your name in history as I knew you would.

We've toiled on these seas on our hands and knees and we'll land on a far off bay.

Mayhaps one day we will meet again, and I will render the highest of passing honors to you, for you have stood beside me through all these trials and tribulation.

My shipmate, my brother, my friend. We will sail these seas together and take this world by storm. Not hell nor high waters will stop us.

And you, my most precious pearl. The siren who stole this drunken sailor's heart. Though I be leaving for distant lands, to you I will return.

And one day, these rations of grog be turned to coin. And this coin will be turned into a stone you may wear with pride.

For it is and has always been you who pulled me from the blackened briney deep and breathed life back into me.

With a mermaid's kiss, you made me anew and gave this battered privateer reason to stand and fight once more.

As I step aboard, I pray you wish me fair winds and following seas and stay true as the compass point. For I will return all the same to you forevermore. Neither the flames nor the depths will claim me until I gain safe passage back home to you.

And all the past is past and gone, it matters not now what we've done.
Now the new year is on the horizon.
So here's a health to the company and one to my lass.
Let's roll the lucky bones once again.

© 2020 Crow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on January 1, 2020
Last Updated on January 1, 2020

Author

Crow
Crow

About
Within the darkest hearts. Within the most twisted minds. Within the most frayed souls. Emerges the greatest of tales. more..

Writing
Author's Note Author's Note

A Poem by Crow


The End The End

A Poem by Crow


Ares Ares

A Poem by Crow