Kolkata Chronicles

Kolkata Chronicles

A Poem by Cruising Deep

In Kolkata's embrace, a city of old, Stories unfold on streets of gold. A symphony of cultures, a vibrant array, A traveler's haven in night and day.

From Howrah's bridge to Victoria's might, A tapestry woven of history's light. Colonial echoes in every lane, A melody of the past, a timeless refrain.

Dakshineswar's temple by riverside's grace, Kali's abode, a sacred space. Chants rise to the heavens, devotion in air, Seekers and pilgrims find solace there.

Kalighat's shrine, where faith does unite, A marketplace vibrant, colors so bright. Goddess Kali's fierce form, a symbol of might, In the heart of the city, a spiritual sight.

Belur Math stands with unity's grace, Architectural blend, a sacred embrace. Harmony of faiths, a message to share, In a world divided, it shows we can care.

The Indian Museum whispers tales of yore, Artifacts from ages, treasures galore. Kathak's rhythms, Rabindra's song, Cultural mosaic that's vibrant and strong.

Park Street's buzz, a culinary treat, Flavors meld, an experience sweet. Phuchka's burst, kathi rolls that entice, Taste of Kolkata, a delectable slice.

Through bylanes and bazaars, the city's heart beats, A blend of old and new, where tradition meets. In Kolkata's essence, a joy that's so pure, A travel tale woven, memories to endure.

From potters to poets, a city of dreams, Kolkata's allure, brighter than it seems. In every corner, a story to tell, A traveler's journey, a magical spell.

So let's wander these streets, with wonder and glee, In Kolkata's embrace, let our spirits roam free. A city of contrasts, where past meets the new, Kolkata, dear Kolkata, our hearts are with you.

© 2023 Cruising Deep


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful travelogue on Calcutta now Kolkata. The place of intellects.

Posted 8 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
1 Review
Added on August 28, 2023
Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Tags: Kolkata

Author

Cruising Deep
Cruising Deep

Kolkata, West Bengal, India



About
DD Mazumdar - Exploring cultures through travel & words. Join me on a journey of insights and experiences. Let's connect, learn, and grow together. more..