A Spiders Web

A Spiders Web

A Story by CWilder
"

Late night words

"
A Spiders Web

Gazing out at the moon, I spot a spider creating the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
Each weave she makes with such grace and confidence. Little by little the creation comes to life. She takes her time so she doesn't mess up the beauty already made. Once she is complete, you can hear her singing with praise that her tiring deed is done. Her web is a part of her, as she is a part of it. Together, complete, they are one.
My attention turns as I hear the buzz of a single fly. I feel it's fear as it gets caught in her web. He squirms and tries to set himself free. But the intricate details that were woven throughout that profound web capture him and enclose on him tighter with each move. No matter what he does, he is tangled in her web.
As she moves in for the kill, my heart begins to race. I hope for his freedom but long to witness this awesome act. She encloses her monstrous legs around him as the web chokes off his very last breath.
As she finishes, my heart fills with sadness. I saw the unseen yet my heart hurts for him. I peer up just as a cloud drifts over the moon. As it dims so does the light inside me.
I begin to think about how many times we get caught in the tangled webs we weave ourselves. We don't seem to notice what's ahead nor do we gaze to see whats left behind. Just as we look up we get caught in that awful spiders web of life and wonder how we got ourselves there. We too, just like the fly, get blinded by our fascination, only to get trapped.
But luckily we can free ourselves unlike that lifeless struggling fly.
Let's not only open our eyes but our hearts as well. There is where the true beauty lies. We too can weave with beauty and grace . Don't go out seeking it. We are the spiders web. Inside is where you'll find it.

© 2017 CWilder


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on January 8, 2017
Last Updated on January 8, 2017
Tags: Life, thoughts, self love

Author

CWilder
CWilder

Macomb, MI



Writing
Gone Gone

A Poem by CWilder