RELATIONSHIPS

RELATIONSHIPS

A Story by Clay Will
"

What does Relationship means to me?? Part 1

"
RELATIONSHIPS


Hello all I was asked what does Relationship means to me? Relationship to me have many elements such as Respect, Caring about one another, Understanding each other, Comforting each other, Being Appreciated, Being honest with each other, Faithfulness, Proud to have one another, consequences and finally showing actions.


RESPECT-- First and foremost you have to have respect in relationships that's a must. What I mean is that the first few months is the talking stags of a relationship so you must respect there decision it may be hard sometime but respect them because the more you respect them the more more they will see you as a different person. Now with respect also comes commitment( I'll be using this word alot).
Now with respect and commitment combine is very powerful here a little example if your partner ever tells you " don't call today I'll be at work or I have a family gathering". Respect your partner and trust them now you can text them throughout the day for a little reminder even though your respecting there request your still showing them your thinking of them no matter what. Now while doing there things do your own things as well to kill time so by the time your partner talk to you again you would feel happy again. So be respectful to your partner it's worth the wait and fun.

CARING ABOUT ONE ANOTHER -- Now for caring for each other is a simple as it's goes you need to care for your partner. Your partner will get sick and so are you that's nature we can't argue that but being there for people by giving them the time and attention give them medicine provide for them to get better , be there by there either in person or virtually. That will show them your more than just talk but showing them ( oh yes that will definitely be added to the list) that your by there side and they are by your side they won't rest until you are better as well.

UNDERSTANDING EACH OTHER-- Now we are getting to the important parts. Understanding is big big big BIG and very serious if your don't understand one another your relationship won't even last 6 months. Now what I'm about to say it's very powerful so listen up. You have to understand that not every relationship is perfect infact no one is perfect we as individuals is very challenging with our own personal demons,family dramas, dark past etc etc . Understand that they movement may not be the same movement as yourself let me elaborate on that. Sometimes we go in a relationship with bells and whistles thinking it's going to be perfect come to find out few weeks later you want out because you did not understood with what you was getting yourself involved in. You may love your partner your partner may not love you the same way as of yet, you may trust your partner asap but your partner still needs time to see If your qualified for they trust. Understand that not relationship is bells and whistles it need time to grow within itself in order for everything to be perfect. You may the know the person for over 20 years dated for 6 years and still not know there favorite color,movie, TV show etc etc. And finally understand that your partner may fall in love with you get emotional attached to you for that I say let the relationship grow for that to happen.

COMFORTING EACH OTHER-- Now let me get this out the way because I've seen many people confuses this for something esle. Comfort is not the same as sex sex sex. When your partner needs comfort they're looking for someone to comfide too when things get rough on they're end, they need someone who could make them laugh, cry for joy, holding them when they are down, and making them feel at home even if your outside or in your house. They may have moments where they feel the whole world is against them( I should know that's me all the time) our job is to comfort our partners reassure them why they was brought to the earth in the first place tell them they do mean a purpose in life. If the whole world is against them well then the world is against them week then the whole world is against us as well. By saying that they will show them that maybe they can feel better knowing that they have somebody that will be there for them no matter what obstacles come they're way.

BEING APPRECIATED-- I notice in alot of relationship that rarely anyone is appreciative of anyone these days they go straight for the negative without even noticing the positives of what your partner brings to the table. They notice if you write a negative post but don't notice the flowers you got them, they could notice if you look at a different person in the street but don't notice that you was really looking for words to say how much you love them. Be more appreciative to your partner because they are busting they a*s everyday either work or school or cleaning the house they still provide for you financially , physically, mentally. Now no one Is perfect I should know that but when your partner make that sacrifice for themselves just to put a smile on your face thank them don't just find negative. Those who find negative all the time don't want love in their life they want someone who would treat them like dirt because they're use to the dirt they walk and sleep on. My grandmother always told me when I was young " relationship doors always open and shut all the time until you the fine that all special lady who have the master key to lock that door shut" for myself I believe I found her and she is appreciative of me of the stuff I do for her and I'm appreciative of her and I show and tell her every chance I get. So be appreciative of your partner your relationship will indeed blossom.

FAITHFULNESS-- Oh now its time to get to the needy griddy of the relationship... pay attention. Now it's it important to be faithful to your partner at all times especially the bad times . I'm talking about the arguments, fights, if they piss you off to the core never cheat always be faithful to the max. I know we all have temptations myself including is how we handle and channel our emotions and our temptation that we won't do nothing we will regret later on just because you think your partner won't find out trust partners have ways of finding out big time and when they do its game over for you and your relationship.

BEING HONEST WITH ONE ANOTHER-- It's very important to always be honest with your partner even though the truth may hurt them even though you might get chewed out by them that a sacrifice you must be willing to endure if you want to last in any relationship. I cannot stress that harder if you see something you don't like instead of keeping things from your partner thinking "oh they're going to tell me eventually " but what if that eventually turns into never now your wondering " if you tell them now will they leave you, will they hate me, will I hate myself for not speaking up earlier. All those things running through your mind all because you haven't said anything. Always be honest with your partner never keep anything from them. Open up to them show them you can be trusted and what happens and your relationship stays in your relationship. Show your partner that with you being honest with them and they're being honest with you you two will last a very long time.

PROUD TO HAVE ONE ANOTHER-- Much like being Appreciated of your partner have you ever been proud of them for any reason. Ignore the negativity and showing and telling them your proud of them can not only be sweet and nice but can also save there life. So let your partner know your proud of them let them know that no matter what you got there back for any reason support there dreams and they will support yours.

TIME AND EFFORT -- This is very important when it comes to relationships especially in the beginning. You got to put in the effort from beginning show your partner you want this right away. When I mean effort I mean texting everyday, calling everyday, sending them pictures or gif to remind them your thinking about them. Now keep in mind that your mind may play tricks on you at times when you think they may get annoyed of your countless text,calls, gifts, etc. But it's effort your putting in at your own pace. Do not rush your partner and never ask your partner can they show a little effort in your relationship I guarantee that will lead to an argument more on that part later. But put in the time as well be patient good things happen for those who wait. Never rush into anything in yall relationship. Trust me I'm so use to rushing into a relationship I never have the chance to enjoy it that's why with my current relationship I do not rush anymore lol I'm taking it slow now being patient because I know good things are happening down the line it all takes time.

CONSEQUENCES-- Now we get to the don'ts in the relationship. Don't lie,cheat,don't use, abuse or flat out don't be disrespectful. Why lie in a relationship? When you do your only digging yourself into. Deeper hole once the truth comes out. When you cheat on your partner you probably thinking at that time that on getting pleasure but not realizing that person you just cheated on with could have stds and stuff now you have to get tested and lord help you if it comes out positive and you find out you have a disease and now you have to lie again and blame your own partner when you know clear as day you did the wrong. Everybody knows I've been used more times than a bank and that's saying something. So I know all about being used and luckily I have someone who don't use me. But enough about me being used is never good especially for money,sex, there personal needs and never give you the time of day to even spend time with you because they will always have excuses saying they're dog died when they don't even have a dog. Abuse is obvious if someone put they hands on you you fight back. But when it comes to your own relationship if your partner abuse you some people stay some people leaves some people fight back guess which one was me? I stayed with my ex for over 2 years I was getting hit and stuff as a guy people thought I was the bad guy not knowing what happened behing close doors. And please do not be disrespectful to your partner I always say encourage not discouraged especially if they're dealing with so much in their own life.

ACTIONS -- Now all the things I said wouldn't mean nothing without the person backing it up. You want to be with your partner for a long time? Prove it call them, even if they don't answer leave a voice mail. Text them even if they don't text you for hours DO NOT ASSUME they're doing something they not suppose to be doing but trust them and wait for them to text you back. Share posts on social media they may not like the post physically or comment it doesn't mean they haven't seen it and smiled silently. Show them you are patient by moving at there speed even though it's killing you inside. Stay loyal and faithful to them never cheat on them for any reason because if you feel that you have to put them on the mute list on your story or status on social media that means you don't want them seeing what you put up and they your partner then you shouldn't be their partner at all. No relationship should have secrets with one another. Continue to show them everyday that your hear to stay and you love them with all your heart and care of them.

FINAL THOUGHTS-- Relationship is never easy. There's going to always be tested in some form of fashioned but it's up to you and your partner to make sure you both can pass the test. The relationship your in is not your last always remember that DO NOT COMPARE this relationship like your others in the past trust me that will not end well. Cherish this relationship you have trust them, make sure they feel wanted, put in the effort and time, be honest with them, always be faithful, be appreciative of them, be there for them on they bad days and worst days,Respect their decision, never stop caring about them, AND UNDERSTAND THEM AT ALL TIMES. And finally please DO NOT CHEAT,LIE,USE,ABUSE, OR BE DISRESPECTFUL TO ONE ANOTHER.

PART 2... IS COMING SOON

© 2022 Clay Will


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on July 22, 2022
Last Updated on July 22, 2022
Tags: Relationship, advice, part 1

Author

Clay Will
Clay Will

BROOKLYN, NY



About
Well I'm an actor love playing in movies and plays. I'm also trying to dip my hand into writing journals pieces more..