Your Destination

Your Destination

A Story by Dolfury Nixie Ritter
"

This is just a little something I came up with a while ago while listening to music from the movie Page Master. Enjoy!

"
From a baby's first cry of life, there is that place.  It's a place many people know, but few frequent, acknowledge, or even talk about.  That place has existed since the beginning of time, from the first people that walked the planet, and even before then.  It's not a place many can see.  Only YOU can see it.  Why?  Because everyone has this place, and just like every individual person, it's different and varies.  

It can change in the blink of an eye.  It is a place that is just like earth, but better.  It can have forests, oceans, mountains, skies, and life.  But unlike earth, it can change in a moment.  A whim.  Like a chameleon, it changes with the flip of the person's wrist, and the thought of their mind.  It can change from the snowy mountain heights to the lush forests of a valley.  It can be as cold as dry ice in the arctic, or so warm the cold wind can't get through.  The only thing limiting it is how far you want to go.  This magical place can also have things that live there.

These spawns of your mind can be anything.  For some, they are dark, twisted creatures.  For others, they look similar to our own wildlife.  Regardless of their appearance, these creatures all have something in common: they are there for you.  They are the ones who listen to you when you have no one.  The whispers you hear in your head when you are sitting alone in your room.  Even if you have no one, no where, or no way, these creatures will always be there, and will follow you for the rest of your life.

Many people hate this sacred place, and the hope and joy it brings.  They try to destroy it.  Fortunately, there is no way to destroy it.  This place is not merely a place; it is a THING.  A thing that breathes in time with your breaths, has a heart beat in sync with your's, and resides within many people of this world.  It has survived for thousands of years, and will until time shall stand no more.  It has a consciousness, and it thinks.  It understands.  It feels.  For some, this is not just a place of visitation.  These gifted people go by many titles, including "artists", "writers", "dreamers", "weirdos", "children", and many others.  These people have a gift that allows them to LIVE in this place.  Earth is their visitation, and their home is in this sanctuary.  They understand it better than anyone else, and gravitate toward their own kind that reside in this place, too.  

This place accepts, and shelters people of that sort.  Those that see the world through different, unearthly eyes, and function on levels the average person cannot.  This place, as said, takes many forms.  It can change emotion.  It can cry.  It can become angered.  It can feel regret.  It is so much like us, that when we look in the mirrors every day, that is what we see gazing so fondly back at us.

So...are you one of those few?  Are you one of those special people that can walk so lividly between the two worlds?  That hails from the other side of sanity?  You'll never know until you try.  To see, close your eyes.  Picture yourself in front of a train on a loading platform.  There is no one there but you...and another figure.  The figure can look however you like; a tall, slender man, a cute, bright eyed child, or a graceful, pale woman.  This figure looks perfect to you.  Something about them is eye catching, other worldly, if you will.  They extend their hand to you with a smile, standing just inside the train cart.  There is no one else on board, and you have no idea where the train goes, or if you can come back.  The only way to know is to step aboard, if you are brave enough.  Just know that once you take that step, there is no turning back.

If you were brave, you stepped on, holding the hand of the stranger.  They lead you to a specific seat, though it looks no different than the others.  And there is no one else on there but the two of you.  He or she sits in front of you, looking backwards at you over the seat.  They seem to have years of widom on them, yet the playfulness of a toddler.  Their focus is solely on you, not moving, not wavering.  After what seems like hours, you finally ask who they are, and where you two are going.  The figure smiles softly at you, and says they have many names, that it would take them a century to list them all.  After a pause, they look over their shoulder toward a tunnel, then smile back at you, and take your hand, as if guiding you home.

"Your destination?  Your Imagination."

© 2013 Dolfury Nixie Ritter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on August 27, 2013
Last Updated on August 27, 2013
Tags: Your Destination, Imagination

Author

Dolfury Nixie Ritter
Dolfury Nixie Ritter

Laurel, MS



About
Yeah, I’m that weird emo kid with the big ideas, the beautiful imagination, the never-ending story fantasy world in my head, and the load of personality flaws. Nice to meet you. :D Name - Dol.. more..

Writing