In a Flap

In a Flap

A Story by ICynicThereforeI'mNot
"

A whimsical view on a topic which has been touched upon previously.

"
 You know; they say that 1 flap of a butterfly's wings; say somewhere over Brazil, can have enormous repercussions world wide. Like ripples on a pond.
 Well, that may sound like an amazingly wonderful piece of Zen New Age Theory, but being the cynic that I have nurtured and fed over the years; I have a few issues with that. Surprise, surprise.
 I will list them here; in no particular order, just as they occur to me.

Whilst I can see that it is the underlying message that everything we do has repercussions and we should all stop and think; if you do that constantly you may as well just hide under the doona. Because whilst you are doing your hiding and thinking, the rest of the world is getting on with life like there's no tomorrow. And there may not be.
So, for every action is an equal and opposite reaction?  I remember being taught this in school. Even then I thought that all the people in the world who are just here to make the world a better place are actually causing a whole lot of crap if the above rule is correct.
 That brings up the question of balance and harmony. At the risk of being redundant, the aforementioned rule writes itself off on this point. You can't have harmony if you have balance. Otherwise what forces are you balancing against. QED.

Balance? Personally I have always felt that we humans are the only real upset to any kind of balance in the world. We seem to be the Introduced species. Everything else just gets on with life. Evolving, eating, being eaten, growing and doing geographical things. Volcanoes etc.
We, however; with our superior brains and intellect, go about destroying the only world we have to live on. Anthropomorphic Personification help that we ever spread like a virus to other worlds!
 
 You wonder why I used the Anthropomorphic thing? Well, otherwise I would have said, God. And don't get me started on religion!!  They say never discuss religion or politics.   
 I have rambled on enough for now. But let's wrap this up the way it started. With that damn butterfly. If there is this butterfly out there causing all this chaos, you would think that with today's sophisticated modern technology, we could track the little sucker down and remove the  sucker!
 Then maybe; just maybe I can stop writing all my stuff under the Doona.
 

© 2015 ICynicThereforeI'mNot


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A smile spread across my face as I read this.
While I might not agree with you I enjoyed your minor rant.

Being a naturally picky person I have to point out that you use the word SUCKER twice in quick succession, this makes the sentence feel a bit awkward and jarred when I read it.

So is my glass half full or half empty over this?
You decide :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on December 28, 2015
Last Updated on December 28, 2015
Tags: humour, environment, whimsical, viewpoint, laugh

Author

ICynicThereforeI'mNot
ICynicThereforeI'mNot

Brisbane, Australia



About
I have to admit to being a self-confessed cynic. I have knocked around life for well over half a century and whilst some things have improved, things are far worse and more dangerous today than ever.. more..

Writing