The Sorrowful Pianist

The Sorrowful Pianist

A Story by Vitalized Ego
"

There's a song that inspired me to write this. I'm gonna post the link to the song. Please listen to it while reading this story to truly understand and feel it.

"



The pianist stepped onto the stage, frightened. She had never played in front of a whole audience before. But, she made a promise to someone that she would do this. She made a promise to one day show the world her talent, she wasn't going to back down now. She walked towards the piano, sat on the chair and took a deep breath. She softly layed her fingers on the keys and began playing.
The melody started off slow and soft, which brought feelings of woe to everyone's hearts. The violin's began to create an atmosphere full of emotions. The sounds coming out of the piano kept moving audience. The sadness was seeping out of the pianist. The drums came in and brought in feelings of anger, strength, but also grief. Everyone clenched their chests as their hearts were engulfed by this all and broken apart when it ended.
The pianist finished and took a look at the crowd; there was not a dry eye in sight. She looked up, smiled and whispered " I did it, I hope you were watching." She stood up, bowed and walked away with tears in her eyes as the audience applauded loudly in the background. She was finally able to express the sorrow that was trapped in her heart ever since she lost the one she loved.
- Cynthia Rosaly 5/11/16

© 2016 Vitalized Ego


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on May 11, 2016
Last Updated on May 11, 2016
Tags: Short story, feelings, emotions, piano, classical, anime, thoughts