My Love

My Love

A Poem by D.

For you, my love: I would shelter you in my arms if it meant your safety be protected.
No one's love is comparable to what you've elucidated and projected.
From you, my love, I've never felt rejected; and we may not be able to feel each other's skins, but rooted deep within:
I feel a bond between us that sings the tune of an uncaged bird, a pulse of love and spirit, perfected.
For you, my love: a piece of my soul that wanes for your warmth against mine.
Our connection, to me, goes deeper then any direct bloodline.
From you, my love, is a higher purpose you've managed to instill inside my beating veins.
One day, I'll let the sun shine upon my eyes through your open windowpane.
For you, my love: my hues to paint on your gorgeous canvas, my muse.
I only hope I meet my sweetheart one day and leave you as enthused.
From you, my love, a sense of belonging to a wonderful partner.
Your love, I will never lose track of and I will always foster.

© 2016 D.


Author's Note

D.
If you spot any grammatical errors, or if you notice anything with syntax, let me know, otherwise, just leave any advice, or constructive criticism, or just let me know if you really liked it, or one line even, thank you readers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 28, 2016

Author

D.
D.

About
S****y poems. Want blunt criticism - constructive or otherwise- and if I've written something that is too similar to something, let me know. more..

Writing
Decaying/Digging Decaying/Digging

A Poem by D.