Soul Migration

Soul Migration

A Poem by D.

The memory of it sits behind my eyelids and clings to me.
Gnawing at me, and furiously beckoning toward dark paths.
Until the eye sockets are left a blank spot in my once exuberant face.
Crawling out of the empty holes, and caressing my skin with a barbed blade.
Tampering with my flesh until veins are exposed and sapphire blood turns crimson.
Tearing venations and blood vessels apart as tree branches cut off from a majestic oak.
Muscles filleted like a fish cut open, grinding against a chop board.
Tears descend from schlemm's canal.
Plasma covers these silken walls, murderous notes in a symphony of hatred.
The knife slides into my torso, and cracked ribs weep and bend, like a twisted smile.
My heart stops, and my vision encompasses flashes of a black ghost.
The spirit cackles in my face and tells me to pursue towards the nightshade.
Sunlight is faded, out of my view and I'm left entranced by a figure.
The body is slim, and it has a body composed of exposed muscles and veins.
"do not forget. It is never too late to join us."

© 2016 D.


Author's Note

D.
Leave feedback about anything. Syntax errors, grammar, or just leave your thoughts on how you felt. Did you hate it? Let me know. Love it? Let me know. Didn't make sense to you? Let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on July 7, 2016
Last Updated on July 7, 2016

Author

D.
D.

About
S****y poems. Want blunt criticism - constructive or otherwise- and if I've written something that is too similar to something, let me know. more..

Writing
Decaying/Digging Decaying/Digging

A Poem by D.