Sometimes it's okay to Fall

Sometimes it's okay to Fall

A Story by DACAC

Part 1

 

I was walking down the street with my mom, when I get a text from my best friends Amanda. It said to meet her at the airport down the street. I looked at my mom and ran down the street, where I see Amanda sitting on a suitcase, crying. I ran to her and hugged her immediately, not even knowing what was wrong. She cried into my shoulder. I patted her back and asked what was wrong. She managed to choke out, "I'm ... moving." I froze, with her crying harder. So I managed to say, "I thought it was just a vacation," She said, "It was supposed to be, then I went home, and everything was gone." My eyes started tearing; I was going to lose my best friend. I pulled away from the hug and wiped my eyes, and just both stood there, awkwardly, as Amanda's mom called her. We then both started to cry again, before pulling away and saying our Goodbyes. She ran off with her bags, and I just stood there and whispered my goodbye. I then felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned around and saw my mom, and wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug. I ended up crying myself to sleep that night, while looking at old pictures of Amanda and me from when we were younger. The last picture I remember looking at that night was my favorite picture of all time. We were in eighth grade, she had just dyed her hair black, and I had gotten my braces off. It was the best night of my life.

 

Part 2

 

It's been about a year since Amanda moved, and I have become super close to this girl named Macy, who is close to amazing. I also have a new boyfriend, named Mark, who is the most amazing guy I've ever met. One night, we were all having a movie night, when I had gotten a phone call that will probably change my life forever. The caller I.D said, "AMANDA<3" so, I opened it quickly and smiled widely. "Mandy! Hey, I haven't heard from you in a while!"

 

"Oh, thank god, Rebecca. I was hoping you would answer. It's Mrs. Gilbert."

 

My smile had dropped off my face as Mrs. Gilbert continued to talk. "Y-Yeah, of course, thank you for calling, Mrs. Gilbert." I hang up the phone slowly, looking down in shock. Mark and Macy had been looking at me, confused, and then it happened. I was able to hold everything in in front of Mark and Macy for the past year when I had missed Amanda, but it just poured out, the waterworks. Mark immediately took his position and wrapped his arms around me, and Macy knelt down in front of me. "Amanda ... is dying." I croak out, leaning into Mark, crying hysterically. Macy's eyes widen as she leans up, wrapping her arms around me, embracing me. Mark continued to rub my shoulders.

 

"I'm going to leave for Tennessee tomorrow; I have to go see her." I nod, wiping my tears.

 

Mark nodded as he stood up and went upstairs to tell my mom, and Macy and I started packing my bags.

 

Part 3

 

 The next day, I took a plane to Tennessee. Amanda's brother had met me at the airport, and ran me back to the house. Once inside, he placed my bags in the guest room and pointed upstairs to Amanda's room. I thanked him, and slowly started going upstairs. There were so many things rushing through my head. Why didn't she tell me? Has she been sick this whole time? I find her room, trust me, it's one of the easiest things I've ever done. Overflowing with pink. I walk in, and before I even see Amanda, I see a small picture on her vanity desk. It's a picture of her and me from 10th grade, and the caption says, "If a tear falls from the right eye first, it means happiness. But if it falls from the left eye first, it means pain." I put the picture down, and then I saw Amanda. She was just lying in her bed, weak. I knelt down next to the bed, crying softly.

 

"Becca? Is-Is that you?"

 

I look up, smiling a little through my tears. "Manda, yes, it's me."

 

"Becca, I am so sorry ... I should've told you why I was coming here. I-It was for a doctor. I-I thought everything was going to go away." She sniffles weakly.

 

I sniffle as well, shaking my head quickly. "No, you cannot apologize for this. I understand, Amanda."

 

She closed her eyes. "Becca, I'm sorry.." She whispered, almost inaudibly.

 

I shake my head again, taking her hand. Wow, she felt so weak. "Amanda, no. Stop this."

 

"Becca, you're my best friend. I love you, so much..." She said, as her grip tightened, before slowly loosening.

 

I shake my head, even more violently as before. "AMANDA! NO!" I stand up, holding onto her hand tighter.

 

"Goodbye, Becc." Her eyes had been completely closed, and her grip was barely even there anymore.

 

I cried loudly as I called her mom, before sitting down on the ground. You know how in the movies, things go in slow motion? That's how it felt. As her mom, dad, brother ran into the room, all I saw was a blur.

 

 

 

© 2015 DACAC


Author's Note

DACAC
Ignore any grammar problems. Also, this story is completely fictional. This isn't a personal story.
The image I used is from google, it's not mine either.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

DAC, even though there is some grammar errors they didn't stop me enjoying your short story, I'm not sure why you broke it up into 3 parts it isn't nessesary I think. It is well written but could do with a short edit and maybe look at word repetition (small stuff that would make it better) keep up the good work.
Will

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DACAC

9 Years Ago

The reason I separated it into parts was because the times are so spread apart. I think part 2 and p.. read more
Will Neill

9 Years Ago

Your most welcome, when its right for you then that's what counts.
Will



Reviews

DAC, even though there is some grammar errors they didn't stop me enjoying your short story, I'm not sure why you broke it up into 3 parts it isn't nessesary I think. It is well written but could do with a short edit and maybe look at word repetition (small stuff that would make it better) keep up the good work.
Will

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DACAC

9 Years Ago

The reason I separated it into parts was because the times are so spread apart. I think part 2 and p.. read more
Will Neill

9 Years Ago

Your most welcome, when its right for you then that's what counts.
Will

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Added on November 19, 2014
Last Updated on October 4, 2015

Author

DACAC
DACAC

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by DACAC


Love Signs Love Signs

A Poem by DACAC