Puzzle Pieces

Puzzle Pieces

A Poem by D'AsiaAlexis
"

My way of somewhat describing life.

"
Life the jigsaw puzzle. In a jigsaw puzzle there are many oddly shaped, colorful, interlocking pieces that come together to create a picture. There are many different ways that you might go about putting a puzzle together. Some take all the pieces out and just put pieces where they think they go, some look at the picture on the box and try to do it that way, some start with the corners and work their way in, some start in the middle and work their way out no one is wrong and, no one is right. See, many people look at puzzles the way they look at life some might say that it's hard, difficult ,and so challenging then there might be others that say it's easy, a breeze in the wind, and that they have it all together. Failing to realize that it's not that simple, that it still takes time, the help of others sometimes, and lots of patience. Also in the proccess of fixing the puzzle you have to realize and remember that just because others are at a different place than you are doesn't mean it was any harder or any easier to get there and to complete certain obstacles life hands you, everyone goes through their own journey of life. For instance some in the midst of trying to figure it all out start getting frustrated trying to force the wrong pieces together, trying to hurry through, then ending up moving on to another part of the puzzle sometimes only to come back where you left off but, then for others the pieces might just be easy to fit together and doesn't take as much time whether it comes easy or it gets hard. In the end you come to  figure out that you created this unique, absolutely beautiful ,and breathtaking picture worth working towards. When it comes to life this is just how I would describe it. The question is however how would you describe life if someone asked you?

© 2017 D'AsiaAlexis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Imaginative idea to compare a jigsaw puzzle to the way things come together in life (or not). In parts, you describe the puzzle in ways where the comparison is obvious, so no explanation is required. Just drawing a word picture & letting the reader draw his/her own conclusions. But in other parts, you do more explaining & these are the least effective parts. It seems to get a little preachy when you tell your readers how life is to be perceived & interpreted. I prefer an allegory that lets the reader find his/her own discoveries about how life goes, according to your tapestry.

Posted 7 Years Ago


A thought-full and interesting piece.

Life - a pause between moments of eternity that empowered me to interact in ways dreams are made of...

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

D'AsiaAlexis

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2017
Last Updated on February 22, 2017

Author

D'AsiaAlexis
D'AsiaAlexis

SC



About
Hey! My name is D'Asia. I'm 21 years old. I have this extremely passionate firework of joy for creative writing, story telling ,and inspiring others. That has become built up and ready to explode.:) S.. more..

Writing
Splash Splash

A Story by D'AsiaAlexis