The Golf Swing

The Golf Swing

A Story by Dan Hautzinger
"

What is feels like to drive a golf ball

"
The warm summer breeze flows through her hair, her breathing calm eyes focused on the seen in front of her.  The fairway is clear, grass green she absorbs the view and spots her target.  Across the gully on top of the opposite hill is a slightly discolored patch of grass.  Hitting that spot the ball will clear the top of the crest and bounce towards the green giving her a short shot of 40 yards to the center of the green.  Staring at the spot for a few seconds with the knowing confidence she will hit it and achieve the results she wants.  She bends forcing ball and tee into the ground, knowing the depth and angle that will achieve the best and longest loft.  Taking a deep breath and holding it for a second while taking the stance that has served her so well the last few years.  The breath comes out of her as setting up her first practice swing.  Holding her breath she swings back feeling the correct posture, knowing the position of her arms and angle of her elbows as she reaches the top of her swing. Her hips move forward followed by her arms, wrists breaking at the point of contact. Her body turns as if willing the ball forward to the selected spot. Her next swing is more automatic, mind more clear finishing strong yet flexible and confident.
Stepping forward to address the ball, the club head parallel to the plane of the field in front of her.  She looks at the ball seeing her target clear and bright in front of her.  One breathe in then out, stillness, her mind clears the driver moves back, sweeping back and up in a prefect arch. The top of her swing, hands up, head down, hips move, the power in her body coils as her arms, and hands move as one. Following the arch of the backswing down to the ball her strength is released in and instant as it contacts the ball.  The ball to metal “click” announces good contact to those watching.  The swing finishes high and in good practiced position. Her head rises as she watches the ball fly in the intended direction and speed.  In 1 second the ball rises, in 2 seconds it reaches its full height, in 3 seconds it descends to the target bouncing on the intended spot. It moves forward to the green. She smiles to her self-satisfied this was perfect.   Bringing the club down and walking to her bag.  She starts thinking of the next shot; the club, the swing, the target, the ball the result.  This is the beauty of golf.

© 2016 Dan Hautzinger


Author's Note

Dan Hautzinger
review the grammar, judge the flow,

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on January 10, 2016
Last Updated on January 10, 2016
Tags: woman golfer

Author

Dan Hautzinger
Dan Hautzinger

Lebanon, OH



About
IM 60 years old. I always wanted to try writing for fun. more..

Writing