Wires and Oceans

Wires and Oceans

A Poem by Diana Taylor
"

For those long distant lovers

"

How  do I hear his heart break from way over here?


The oceans laugh at us, tired of the lonely thoughts of humans.


I envy the birds, able to fly...able to laugh right back at the sea as if the ocean only wanted someone to laugh with.


The land pains me, the beautiful rolling hills are no longer picturesque.


They are a prison, tempting me with thoughts of "nevers and impossibles".


This land I once loved now holds me back, clawing at my soul as though I am it's only hope; I am not. Why doesn't it let me go?


His land is the same way although it speaks a foreign dialect.


Small screens and wires are the only thing that keep us together, as if we were robots with our hearts herd wired together with blue and red electrical wires.


Our love was dangerous without insulation.


Our eyes never saw out of our eyes, only screens could capture us.


Our fingers danced across letters in a kind of dance that we both understood.


Behind the screens, in a tangle of wires sat two beautiful people; Two beautiful people separated by laughing seas and hill with eyes that watched, not allowing them to escape.


Behind the beautiful faces lay their hearts bound by simple ideas and common ground.


Behind their hearts, through the wires that filled their bodies, they saw each other.


How do I hear his heart break from way over here?


It is because although we are separated, we are one and when his heart breaks, mine does too. 

© 2015 Diana Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on January 30, 2015
Last Updated on January 30, 2015
Tags: Love, technology, poem, long distant relationships, relationships, computer, ocean

Author

Diana Taylor
Diana Taylor

VA



About
I just like to write more..

Writing
The Power The Power

A Story by Diana Taylor


Doctor Doctor

A Story by Diana Taylor