The Way I See You............My Daughter.

The Way I See You............My Daughter.

A Poem by Dkincaid

 

 

The way I see You is the way you were. The way I see You is what You are yet to be.

With Dreams with no limits, with Hopes abound.

With every new Love you're first, and with every lost Love you're last.

With luxury of Life always at your finger tips, yet always seeming out of reach.

With the Beauty of youth, that will temper with Life.

With a Faith in our God, that would willow with time.

With temptations so yearning, that desires could not be suppressed.

With the Lust for Life, the meaning of all, yet that meaning lingering, for the reality of fact.

With the handicaps you've faced and you've conquered, but also what always brings you back, to how you are, and what you will be.

The way I see You is what You will Become, the way I see you is what You could be.

With Dreams never ending, with faith in all that You've had.

With every Love the first and the next first to become, what the last could never be.

With the luxury of Life, that soon becomes known, as the comfort of Life, a Life of you're own.

With the beauty of your youth, blending with the elegance of your age and your wisdom.

With the faith in Life, given by a faith in yourself and all that is given to you, by a grace from God.

With the temptations of Life, becoming the strengths you've learned, from resisting, those same temptations.

With a lust for Life, that will turn to a understanding of the meaning of it.

With acceptance of your handicaps, how they humble you, how they make you stronger, and how they will make you more understanding, of those, of others.

The way I see you is how I Love You, for what You were, for what You are, and for what You will become.

This is for you, My Daughter. 
 
 

© 2008 Dkincaid


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very sweet indeed.
Almost like a letter written for her when she's older.

GBG - Leah

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow..I feel the emotion very strongly in this piece.
You have the reader at your finger tips in this one.



Posted 16 Years Ago


Very touching! I can feel your love for your daughter, and I know you want the best for her yet know that she is not perfect and will make mistakes. I'm sure she loved this poem! And if nobody else in the world did, that would still be enough. But I love it too : )



Posted 17 Years Ago


You are obviously a very loving father and your daughtre is lucky to have you. You have written a beautifuly heart felt piece here. Anyone would be ashamed to crituqe this, as it really should only be for you and your daughter. Thank you for sharing such an emotional piece with the rest of the writting world.

Posted 17 Years Ago


This is a beautiful piece that is so obviously from the heart I would not change a thing. We can
feel your love in each word you write. Excellent.
Debby

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2008

Author

Dkincaid
Dkincaid

SAN DIEGO, CA



About
DREAM A man lay on his bed at the end of his life. His dream came to pay his last respects and bid him farewell. And as it entered.. more..

Writing
A thought A thought

A Poem by Dkincaid



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Farce Farce

A Poem by Bubo