Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Longing of a Soul

Longing of a Soul

A Poem by Dkincaid

 

 



The paths of a soul, transverse this way and that,

From the comfort of faith, to the desire of pleasure.

Sometimes it lingers in the faith,

Sometimes it lingers in the pleasure,

Yet the destination is always unclear.

Strong as the faith may be, there is always the longing for pleasure.

Strong as the pleasure may be, there is always the perseverance for faith.

The longing of one soul, will never find, the faith in all, and the pleasure that abounds with it.

The longing of one soul, can only survive, with the fullfillment, knowning of another soul,

That questions, 'Do I long for a faith? ', or, 'Do I long for a pleasure? '

Because, when those souls come together,

They pleasure in a faith of each other. 
 
 

© 2008 Dkincaid


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this is a wonderful piece of poetry. Writing about souls. It is more than writing only about beauty.

You say:

" The longing of one soul, will never find, the faith in all, and the pleasure that abounds with it. " ========soul the sort of suspense within the chest what keeps us wondering when we find a kindered person.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It made me question my motivation for things I do, pleasure or faith?...Definitely pleasure most of the time.

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautiful piece but I question why What I would have made the last two lines you made six?
I feel like it takes away from the flow and the beauty of the piece. It feels awkward. Great content.
Debby

Posted 17 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2008

Author

Dkincaid
Dkincaid

SAN DIEGO, CA



About
DREAM A man lay on his bed at the end of his life. His dream came to pay his last respects and bid him farewell. And as it entered.. more..

Writing
A thought A thought

A Poem by Dkincaid



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..