The mother effect

The mother effect

A Story by DOGLOVE
"

READ AND FIND OUT.

"
THE MOTHER EFFECT
   'Aburo' don't cry' my father said as  he hugged me. I looked at him, he turned his face away and left the house. I knew he was going to Benin but I always wished he would take me. ''it's just not civilized enough like Lagos'' my mother murmured.
''Too many animals?'' I asked halfheartedly. she answered "Yes" she dismissed me so i went to my room in tears. I kicked the duvet off my bed in frustration;I also laid on my tummy.I wondered why he couldn't take me.
   My mother entered my room and gazed at me while I chose to glare at her in annoyance.''Edede'' my mother said to me in  
Edo language .Since I was anxious seeing as she aroused my interest by speaking in Edo (which she rarely did) I questioned" what does that mean?''she chuckled then replied ''old woman''I laughed cheerfully then rolled so I could sit up. I asked ''what did you call me that for?''. Now we both fell down on my bed in heaps of laughter.'' You act wise beyond your years, always asking questions, you sha,you don't half investigate'' She patted my hair, so I hugged her in awe of how strict but loving a woman could be. She left my room so, I was alone again but happy. Soon, I started playing with my hair which was in an afro( a rather curly one to be exact). I sighed nostalgically  as I remembered how I was sad some minutes ago but could be so happy now. Maybe it was some type of mother effect? 
   ''Nawa o ''I said absentmindedly. I was so hungry. I hadn't eaten breakfast,I ran to my mother,s room to ask if I could have coffee for breakfast. 

© 2018 DOGLOVE


Author's Note

DOGLOVE
HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. my african slang is in there. be puzzled and try and think of the meaning. GUESS WHERE MY TITLE CAME FROM IN THE STORY.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on June 1, 2018
Last Updated on June 1, 2018
Tags: more of an extract of the novel

Author

DOGLOVE
DOGLOVE

LAGOS, LAGOS, Nigeria



About
fun,loves dogs,loves to write,nigerian,young writer more..