A Man Wrote A Poem About Menstruation - Women Reply Only - TY

A Man Wrote A Poem About Menstruation - Women Reply Only - TY

A Poem by DOWN2DIE

The open wound would not heal,
around 12 years old it began to steal

began to take began to drain
offered supplement from its bloody stain

kept me wishing and dreaming true
kept me away from what was you

lied to me and stole my youth
put a gun in my hand, made me bulletproof

made others love just what i am
even if for just a turning glance I forced his hand

made me a family through my skin
bled me bored me begin again

adjust adjuticated to co-incide
i rule half this world with my own sweet pride

my faults my failure and my guilt
creating others from this wound i cannot heal. 

© 2019 DOWN2DIE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful deep I loved this and it shows yes human spirit

Posted 4 Years Ago


this poem was written from a male puberty standpoint; reversed in the perspective of what i assumed was going on with the women around me. My dad left our family when i was 13; my sister was 11.. things rapidly changed from there and this poem is how i reconciled everything years ago. It is what made me as a foolish boy understand things from a female perspective.. I gave up everything to make certain that what my dumb a*s dad left behind would continue on to prove dumb a*s males (including myself) WRONG. The world has an ideal about women.. and they also have it of men.. but for women it captivated me.. that a man could build a massive house on a hill; a family; rich with success; then just leave it all behind for the woman to handle by herself. we went from a massive house with tons of land to a small house with in a nice neigborhood to a mobile home; My mom did it all alone with 3 kids! Then she found another idiot (lol) got a new house, had an amazing boy! rinse and repeat.. That boy lost his mom 2 years ago; 7 years after i wrote this poem. He is my best friend.. because I lost mine when he lost his mom. My goal with this poem is to show.. that everything is equal and if you know how to play the game right.. you can win every single time.. that little boy is now a man.. with a full ride scholarship to a REAL COLLEGE. NO FATHER REQUIRED! Run Ladies! RUN! i Will Run With You. And we have a +1 because my little brother understands HOW GREAT WOMEN ARE; They are NOT WEAK.. They are The Very Root Of All Things.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 9, 2019
Last Updated on June 9, 2019

Author

DOWN2DIE
DOWN2DIE

Cedar Rapids, IA



Writing