My Words

My Words

A Poem by D.White
"

dreaming

"

Words are only words... until experience grants them power.



The light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the ball of your pen.

 Your journey is patched with 26 letters to articulate the journey.

The documented legacy of the battle of self will forever be kept by dates of the year, separated by the past and what is yet to come. The legacy will be so comparable to life’s road you’ll forget how long ago yesterday was, like the line on the road ahead your life is continuously separated from yesterday and today. Your life becomes the pages inside the journal, bullet points in a notepad, documents on the computer or a passion felt voice that plays tag with sane, insanity and a genius all in one microphone.  

Silence is a joke when you’re trapped by the voices inside of your own head.

Every element of life inspires and the more you write the more voices speak. This voice speaks day, night and even to the dead. If this pen stops, a dream will subside, a pulse will meet its fatality, the dream will finally give into the nine to five, and the once childlike imaginative soul … will heartbrokenly say: I thought we would always be friends. I write, not only to keep my word for the kid who read too many Dr. Seuss books, but for the adult who stopped. When life becomes a journey that includes lightning and loss, we can’t forget we once all had dreams. The moment we as people let hardship compress our beautiful spirits we are telling ourselves, my will to follow through on a dream is not strong enough to go through life's obstacles . So I write out my dreams with 26 letters in the hope that my words will work themselves out. I give my energy to the universe, my faith in god while allowing my heart to fall every time that I speak, write and dream. 

 

            My words …

© 2016 D.White


Author's Note

D.White
I wrote this with feeling and with little intentions of correcting my grammar, be kind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I give my energy to the universe, my faith in god while allowing my heart to fall every time that I speak, write and dream. "
Spot on.......WOW loved this line.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

D.White

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I truly appreciate your comment

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 25, 2016
Last Updated on July 25, 2016

Author

D.White
D.White

Writing
Changed Changed

A Poem by D.White


Now Now

A Poem by D.White