I'm sorry

I'm sorry

A Poem by Evan M.

" i'm sorry", these words that are said with no meaning have become like hollow shells to me.
"I apologize" it was all lies to hide what we both already knew.
The blissful ignorance I allowed...nay i forced myself into wouldn't last forever I knew... And yet still I struggled to try and fly.
Just like a rock I skipped and hopped but eventually sank straight to the bottom.
"Please forgive me" this is something I cannot do, for you swore to guard my most precious treasure like it was your own... And yet let it slip out of your arms like a heavy stone.
I say goodbye to the sorrow and the quest forgiveness, give me truth or give me silence..
"Silence" as I thought the burden was too much and as such... I say goodbye to the sorrow and quest for forgiveness

© 2017 Evan M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The elephant in the room. The thing that many want to avoid but quite it's too painstakingly obvious to ignore. The admission or proposal of anger, pain, guilt, or a means to mend. I really liked this piece!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Evan M.

6 Years Ago

thanks! sorry it took so long to reply, i've been distracted with other things but the review is muc.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Added on July 25, 2017
Last Updated on July 25, 2017

Author

Evan M.
Evan M.

TX



About
There isn't anything about me really. I'm just a regular guy who enjoys the simple things in life. I'll do me and you do you, if we end up crossing paths then its something worth while to me. more..

Writing
Peace Peace

A Poem by Evan M.