Final debt

Final debt

A Poem by Evan M.

It has no end and it has no beginning
It was never silent and yet it never began speaking
Conflict rages on in the mind
Every day we're told to grind
We grind and we grind.... There isn't anything left
It's all been whittled away
I turn and I sway. Change direction they yell
How can I? All of life is a living hell!
Oft times I speak of shallow depths and dull meanings...
But now I speak of an endless pit
The bottom of which I wish to hit
After the free fall if I survive..
I can begin to climb
Back to the top, or maybe even higher yet
To jump and make an endless bet
Can I survive? Or will this be my final debt.

© 2018 Evan M.


Author's Note

Evan M.
Let me know what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The struggle is really never ending. People always get advice from others to keep trying or think differently, but it's not easy for everyone.
The "hitting the bottom" line gives off the impression to me that you wish for just one fatal blow and then to start over again. Do you not want to try climbing while you're falling? That way, instead of "IF I survive" it becomes more of you will definitely live another day to try again. Or perhaps "if" leaves it up to mystery and fate. And then I suppose you wouldn't have been able to say "Can I survive?" if you left out the "if."
Also, the line "It was never silent and yet it never began speaking" took me a few reads to understand. Haha. But that's more to do with my own brain processing than anything cause after I read it a few times, I got it. It's saying something like the thing was always making noise and yet never opened its mouth sort of thing. Which is a really strong image if I'm understanding it correctly.
Anyways, thanks for a good read! Keep writing and keep up the good work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Evan M.

6 Years Ago

Yes that's exactly what I was going for. Thanks for the review!
An endless cycle comes to mind with this one. How you fall further and further never stopping but if you may you'll only climb back up to fall again.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 13, 2018
Last Updated on February 13, 2018

Author

Evan M.
Evan M.

TX



About
There isn't anything about me really. I'm just a regular guy who enjoys the simple things in life. I'll do me and you do you, if we end up crossing paths then its something worth while to me. more..

Writing
Peace Peace

A Poem by Evan M.