Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Stars In Your Eyes

The Stars In Your Eyes

A Story by Maeda Shannon
"

A girl named Daifuku who loves people and animals and everything cute and is nervous around boys meets a boy delinquent named Ryou who is in a bad place.

"
Chapter One-The star meets his match
Once upon a time, on a spring night which held a clear sky with a billon stars, a small girl lays upon a hill looking up at the twinkling stars. The girl has long wavy teal hair that is scrunched up into low twin tails with long pink ribbons, her eyes are very gentle and are pastel pink. She has an aqua blue frilly dress on that is complemented by the moonlight. As the moon glittered in the sky above, the girl closes her eyes.
"I hope that when I start highschool tomorrow I can meet people that I can be myself around. I also hope that many new animals will become my friends. I know that problems lie ahead of me, but I know I can get through them. God please be my friend and help me get through anything you pass at me. So moon, grant my dreams," her voice is that of an angels. Her eyes fluttered open, there are many shooting stars. She smiles and gets up from laying down dusting off her dress. The girl walks off of the hill and back into her small house. She is greeted by a white and grey bunny who bounces happily at the sight of the girl. 
"Welcome back Daifuku!" A voice from inside yelled. The girl Daifuku bends over and lifts her little bunny into the air and onto her head. She walks upstairs and into her room that is covered in the color blue. Daifuku set the fluffly bunny on her cloud-like futon and smiled. 
"Oh my, I should have come here to get you to see the beautiful night Momo. The air was so sweet and fresh, the feel was so calm and gentle! Agh I should get some sleep for tomorrow," Daifuku took out her ribbons and her hair flowed. She laid down and cuddled Momo her bunny. 
Morning comes and the birds sing loud in the trees outside. Daifuku quickly got up and stretched her arms. She smiled at the cute school uniform that she is required to wear as a highschool student. Daifuku stuffed her hair into low twintails with the long pink ribbons.
"Bye Momo, bye momma i'll be back in a while. Wish me stars!" Daifuku hugged her mom and bunny goodbye and rushed out the door. She got close to the school but there was a beautiful bird in a breath-taking cherry blossom tree. So Daifuku got up into the tree to sit up on a thick branch. She gently reached out to touch the barn owl that has a deadly stare. The owl sharply bit her finger, but Daifuku simply looked at the owl with a gentleness. The owl submitted and bowed its feathery head to Daifuku's hand. She smiled and pet the owl with the hand the owl bit. The owl got closer and closer to her until it was in her lap. The owl's talons are gently placed on her legs but it still hurt her skin just a little. A loud school bells rings in the distance and Daifuku's eyes open wide.
"OHH MYY GOOOSHHH, I AM GOING TO BE LATE FOR MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOOOOL PYON! I am sorry precious owl, I hope we can meet again soooOOONN," Daifuku suddenly fell off of the tree branch. A tall boy with black messy hair who wore all black caught her like a princess. His belly vibrating from snickering, Daifuku looks up to see white eyes that give off a scary glare. But all she sees are pretty grey eyes that glisten with life. The boy sets her down and grabs his bag from the sidewalk. 
"You should be more careful being so high up in a tree with a bird of prey. You are bleeding and should go to the nurse in the school," The boy walked away carrying his bag over his shoulder. Daifuku just blankly stared at him, she is a little nervous around boys especially. The owl hoots out at Daifuku, she shakes her head and grabs her backpack and runs to school. She gets inside the building and pants for a while before doing anything. Daifuku places her shoes in her cub and speed walks to her class 1-D. She nervously opens the door to await a class staring at her. 
"You must be Maeda Daifuku, sit in the front where the open seat is please," the tall male teacher looked disappointed. Her desk was the one in the left row, next to the window. Daifuku slowly approached her new desk while blushing from embarrassment. Now everyone in her class especially knows her name from being late. She unpacks her notebook that is covered with stickers with a shaking hand. The teacher begins going over basic school and class rules for high school that everyone already pretty much knows.
        Waahh, I can still feel the eyes of people staring at me, this is soooo embarrassing, pyon! Daifuku thinks as she covers her face with her uniform sleeves. The class suddenly gets disturbingly quiet so Daifuku takes her sleeves of her face to see what is going on. Her teacher is staring blankly at her, so she looks down at her bloody sleeve. Oh no! I forgot to go to the infirmary to get my hand wrapped up. How much more attention am I going to get today? Daifuku sighs and looks back up at her teacher helplessly.
         "Oh my God you have blood all over your face and sleeves! Go to the infirmary right this minute! Mau go show her where it is," The teacher pointed to the door and Daifuku dragged her feet as she walked to the doorway. A girl with straight red hair that is held into a bun at the top of her head stood up excitedly and marched outside of the classroom. Daifuku followed her shyly and looked up to see the girl that is in front of her. This girl has amazingly beautiful aqua eyes that look like the ocean.
        "Is it okay if I call you Daifuku instead of Maeda?" Mau eagerly announced.
        "Uh huh that would make me happy if you did, pyon," Daifuku smiled.
        "Hehe good cause I was gonna call you that anyway. My name is Miniwa Mau so I would like it very much if you called me Mau! You resemble a bunny in a very cute way little Daifuku," Mau started to walk down the hallway down to the infirmary.
        "Otay then thank you Mau for taking me down to the infirmary," Daifuku shyly spoke.
        "Oh by the way, why are you bleeding so much in the first place?" Mau asked.
        "Haha well that is a somewhat long story, its not very interesting."
        "I like long stories so if you don't mind I would love to hear it."
        "I was on my way to school when I saw a barn owl in a cherry blossom tree, it is such a beautiful bird. I got up into the tree to see if I could pet it's soft feathers. The owl bit me because it was scared, I was getting too close to it. It wasn't the owls fault but I was really happy that I got to pet him after I patiently kept holding my hand out to it. I actually got to hold it too and I was late to school being side tracked. And I forgot to go to the nurse when I got to school, pyon." Mau stopped walking and her jaw dropped a little. Daifuku looked at her with a confused face.
       "How in the world did you get an owl to let you pet it? And how could you not get mad at it for biting you that hard?" Mau looked at Daifuku with amazement.
       "What do you mean? Doesn't everybody pet birds and why would I be mad at it anyway?" Daifuku stopped in front of the infirmary with Mau.
       "You certainly are one of a kind like I thought lil Daifuku chan. Forget what I said kay? Anyway I'll come in with you," Mau walked into the office and rung the bell that sat on a desk in front. A nurse came out of some curtains and ripped Daifuku into the curtains with her.
       "I heard your story about what happened, I'll need to put some disinfectant into that wound of yours. Then I will wrap it into some gauze and I want you to get some rest as well. It looks like you've lost quite a bit of blood," the nurse pushed Daifuku to sit on the infirmary bed. After the nurse finished wrapping and disinfecting it, Daifuku laid down on the bed.
       "You should be careful with birds of prey like that. They have murderous eyes," the nurse closed the curtains surrounding Daifuku's bed.
       "Even if that owl is a bird of prey, it DID not have murderous eyes. That owl's eyes are full of longing feelings screaming to be seen. Please do not tell me to be careful, I am fine. That bird was only scared because of how close I got to it, I just gave it patience and it let me hold him. I wish you could see that calming thing in murderous eyes pyon," Daifuku's sweet angel voice became stern and mean. Daifuku turned slowly onto her right side getting slightly dizzy. She fell asleep in seconds after her rant. Next to her on the other side of the curtain is the boy who caught her when she fell from the cherry blossom tree. He is laying down on a different bed with his hands on the back of his head. He looks over at the curtains that stand between him and Daifuku. Then he just silently gets up and leaves the infirmary without saying anything to the nurse. Mau who is still in the waiting room looked suspiciously at the boy who just walked out.
       Daifuku woke up with hazy eyes, she looked around trying to remember why she was sleeping. Oh... How long was I asleep for? Daifuku got out of bed and opened the curtains just as the ending bell sounded. Mau quickly got up to see Daifuku.
      "You slept for the whole day, so I told our homeroom teacher and I got our bags," Mau handed Daifuku her bag.
      "Oh my gosh, i'm soooo sorrry Mau. I got dizzy and the next thing I know it, I was asleep! You didn't have to wait for me or anything. But thank you so much anyway pyon!" Daifuku bowed a little showing how sorry she was.
      "No no don't worry about it, I was happy to get out of class anyway. I just hope that dude didn't lay a hand on you while you were sleeping," Mau's eyes narrowed. Daifuku tilted her head a little in confusion to what Mau had just said. " Nothing, don't worry about it Daifuku-chan!" The two walked down to their cubbies to get their shoes.
       "Thank you so much Mau for staying with me that whole time, it made me really happy. Have a safe trip home," Daifuku started to walk up the hill that she came from when she was going to school. Mau walked in the same direction and it made them laugh for a little.
       "So uhm I guess we are going to the same area huh?" Mau laughed. Daifuku nodded her head as she stared at the cherry blossom tree that lies ahead. The owl was long gone but it still made Daifuku smile. After 20 minutes of walking home Daifuku and Mau are still walking together into the same direction. The two stop for a second to look at each other, they burst into laughter.
       "What the heck, this is the weirdest thing!" Daifuku giggled.
       "Haha it is, well i'm really close to home so maybe it won't be too creepy for long."
       "Mau, I live really close to here too..." The two walked into the same neighborhood, they live right across from each other. Both of the smiling as they walked into their own houses.
       "I'm back Momma! I'm home Momo!" Daifuku took off her shoes by the front door and hugged her bunny who greeted her right away. Daifuku smiled as she ran up to her room. 
"God thank you! I've made two friends today," Daifuku clapped her hands together. Hmmmm but I wonder who that guy was, and why was he laughing when he caught me? Did falling out of a tree amuse him or something? Hmph, that wasn't very funny. But something about him gave me the weirdest feeling, it wasn't bad of course. Oh well, I should thank him anyway for catching me. Daifuku looked at Momo as she entered her room with her ears flopping. Momo hopped into her little blue princess castle that stands besides Daifuku's futon. 
"Momo i'm really happy that Mau didn't say anything weird about me saying pyon sometimes. It comes out and I can't stop it, all she said was that I resemble a bunny in a cute way," Daifuku walked out onto her balcony and looked up at the sun falling from the sky slowly. She gave a deep sigh as she twirled around back into her room. Daifuku sat on a frilly blue pillow that sat infront of her T.V set. The T.V. turned on when she grabbed a video came controller. She started to play a idol game called School Of Idols on her Xbox. The game controller was a microphone and you have to sing into it with the idols in the game. So Daifuku sang like an angel with the piece of idol music it gave her. 
After a while of singing and dancing Daifuku decided to sit and relax under her kotatsu while writing. Lots and lots of words came together on one piece of lined Little Twin Stars paper. She wrote about mystery and fantasy stuff that could blow somebodies mind away. Daifuku kept looking outside thinking of more ideas that would come flooding into her mind. The sky continued to get darker and darker everytime she looked out. Finally Daifuku set down her bunny pencil on the paper she wrote on. I think its time for me to go to bed, I should probably get up a little earlier than today. 
Chapter Two-The Star That Keeps Showing up
Her eyes flutter open to the white blinding sun and the yelling of the neighbors. Daifuku slaps her cheeks together to wake herself up to go to school. She gets up out of bed and rubs Momo's chubby cheeks. 
I think i'll wait by Mau's house and maybe walk to school with her. But I don't know when she goes to school, oh well. Daifuku got completely ready and headed out the door with pocky in her mouth. Mau was right outside her door waiting leaning on the fence kicking rocks. 
"Oh my gosh Mau! You could have rung my doorbell ya know pyon! Have you been waiting long?" Daifuku stuttered. 
"Don't worry lil bunny I just got here, besides I wouldn't want to rush you on getting ready," Mau smiled. Daifuku sighed and began walking with Mau towards the school. 
"Uuwaa, thank you for waiting for me, it really makes me happy!" Daifuku blushed a little.
"What did you do when you got home from school?" 
"I just played a video game called School Of Idols why?" Daifuku tilted her head in confusion. 
"Well, I thought it was you haha. I heard singing, I love your voice by the way. We should sing together sometime, are you in choir cause you should be. I love that video game omg I should come over to sing and dance with you," Mau laughed. Daifuku covered up her face with her sleeves.
"Pppppppyyooonn... I can't believe you heard me singing!!" Daifuku squealed. Mau snickered a little as she jumped onto a little brick wall. 
They approached their school after a 35 minute walk, passing by the huge Sakura tree. Daifuku kept looking back at the Sakura tree making the moon on her blue choker necklace jingle. 
"What are you looking for? Is it your owl friend?" Mau asked. Daifuku just gave a simple shake of her head. 
"Uhm no, I sorta fell out of that tree and this boy caught me. But I couldn't thank him cause I'm really nervous around boys. He also just laughed at me, I dunno why but he still caught me," Daifuku looked down at her feet. 
"Hmmm, well thats cute," Mau just smiled. 
"That is not all though it gets weirder. I see that same boy everyday in hallways, he is always staring straight ahead. Of course I don't talk to him because I am too nervous around boys. But the weird part is that whenever I see him, I get this weird feeling in my stomach. It isn't a bad feeling though so don't worry about that part. I really want to tell him thank you but I would freeze up," Daifuku sighed and pushed some hair behind her ear.
         "Mmmm I need to meet this mysterious boy," Mau smirked. The two got to the school and started taking off their shoes to put in their cubbies.
         "Oh yeah uhm Mau? Go on ahead of me after school, because I have to go to the library to get some stuff done," Daifuku grabbed Mau's hands and said she was sorry that she isn't able to walk home with her. 
         "No it is fine silly, anyway we need to hurry up and go to class already!" They ran to their homeroom together and made it to class just before the second bell rang. Their teacher crossed his arms while he let out a huge sigh.
         "You were almost late one again, and next time do not run in the hallways!" The teacher began writing on the chalk board wall. Daifuku plopped into her desk as well as taking her cute notebooks out of her bag.
          Daifuku's classes flew by rather fast and the final bell of the day sounded through out the hallways. Mau ran to Daifuku's last class to say goodbye before leaving her. Daifuku smiled as well as walking to the school library to check out some books for studying. The plush charms on her bag swayed as she reached into the front pocket to get her student ID out. She gave her ID to the librarian at the front gate of the library. After Daifuku got accepted in she put back her ID and started looking for the books that she needs. In the middle of the spacey room are about 4 tables, very few people were seated by the tables. The one closest to the window seated a boy who laid his head on the table top. Daifuku walked past, peeping over at the boy who was sleeping on the table. He was the boy who caught her on the first day of school, Daifuku's eyes opened wide at the sight. Her stomach rose up with butterflies as she sat down across from him.
         Uwahhhhhhhh, oh my gosh. Isn't this the perfect time to say thank you? I will write a note and then leave it next to him so he can see it. he looks sorta cute when he is sleeping, well I think that he always looks sorta cute. Daifuku took out some of her bunny memo pads and a little pen out of her bag. On the memo pad she wrote "thank you for saving me on the first day of school, I really appreciate it!" She pushed the note over to his hand. After she looked at the boy a little longer she left the table to go find the books that she is looking for. She found a couple of books but she still needed the last one, but she could not reach it when it was on one of the top shelves. Daifuku kept reaching and reaching for it on her tippy toes, it started to hurt. Something warm came up from behind her and a long arm took the book off of the shelf. Daifuku looked up and saw the boy with black hair and white eyes, and pressure built up in her chest from the shock. He looked down at her and gave a small smirk, "You are welcome, uhm Daifuku is it?" The boy spoke softly. Daifuku turned into a tomato as she nodded to say yes. "Oh well that's a cute name, anyway is this the book you wanted?" Daifuku nodded again this time with her heart pounding. The boy looked disappointed just a little and sighed. "Do you not talk or something?" He made sort of a sad face Daifuku took a deep deep breath.
         "Uh.. I..I ....I do b.. b.. but... I am ner...nervous around b..boys. Uhm... Thanks f..for h..helping m...me get the book. So w.... what is y.. your name ppyon?" Daifuku stuttered as the boy backed up to let Daifuku turn around and face him. He chuckled, but tried to not show it.
         "Sorry, it's just I have never met someone like you before. My name is Ryou Shinya, it is nice to meet you. Mmm I want to talk to you more but I should get going, so here is my cell number. Bye Bye," The boy wearing all black gave the book to Daifuku and his number. He then walked away with his hands in his pockets. Daifuku just stood there blankly not knowing what to do with Ryou's number. She took a deep breath and shoved the note into her bag. Once she checked out her books she headed towards home, but she was more spacey then normal. She tripped on a few rocks + sidewalk cracks and got scrapes on her face and hands. Every time she got up she looked around but did nothing, she just kept walking forward. When Daifuku got home she fell face first onto her bed and screamed.
         What the heck was that? What am I going to do with his number? I can't believe I talked to him and why did he grab my book for me? Ahhhhhhh I have no idea what happened or what I am going to do. He got so close to my face I could feel his breath on my cheeks. Mmmmmmm I have never had to deal with this before until now. I think I am getting a headache from thinking about this too hard. Daifuku blew and steam rose from her hot red face. Momo hopped right on Daifuku's back and cuddled up.
         "Oh Momo what should I do? I am hopeless aren't I?" Daifuku sighed, then got up and got out onto her balcony. She looked up at the sunset that was as orange as fire, seeing this made her smile. I will find out what to do, I always do so there is nothing to worry about.
         Daifuku ate her dinner and then went to her room to work on the homework she got from school. She hates doing homework for more than an hour so she read a manga until she fell asleep.
        In the middle of a field of carnations I rest, waking up and all the carnations but one destroyed. When I go over to touch the soft flower pain and sadness overwhelm me, so I fall to the ground.
       Daifuku inhaled deeply as she awoke from her dreams, Momo is all curled up next to her. Daifuku rubbed her nose on Momo's wet nose and got up.

© 2015 Maeda Shannon


Author's Note

Maeda Shannon
it is a working progress you might want to reread incase I fixed something

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on May 26, 2015
Last Updated on July 21, 2015
Tags: anime, manga, shoujo, comedy, romance

Author

Maeda Shannon
Maeda Shannon

About
Imma a little weird so don't mind me... When I get super excited about an anime/manga or something i'm watching I have to roll around the floor or I fake seizure. (=^>- more..