The Lady

The Lady

A Poem by Dallan
"

The following poem is from a novel that I am currently writing. It is a foreshadow, but also in the form of a personification. Although this is hidden from the audience. It is up to them to notice.

"

   The lady's skinny outstretched arms were greeted, like they were every morning, by a fresh sunrise. Clouds blistered the still deep blue sky; giving life and color to the sun's upcoming. She inhaled the moist air like it was the first time she had ever done so, and hovered on that breath. The air cooled her lungs and soon her lungs began to warm the air. Exhaling through her nose, her mind began to dance at the beautiful sight she would never take advantage of. She then looked down upon her naked feet which buried themselves in the long dew-wet grass.

   The lady couldn't help but feel her previous haunting thoughts from the night before dawn upon her. A spike rose up in her heart along with the feelings she had that night. See, she hoped that along with a new day, would come a new start. But she couldn't put the way she felt aside. Every night before she tried to settle her mind before bed, she had a forever painful thought: I'm alone. Truth is, the lady was completely and entirely alone. She was not welcomed into this beautiful life in the arms of a family. Nor will her life end in any arms alike. She'll live her entire life alone; watching the sunrise and set all on her own. The lady will never hear the sea caress the face of a beach of sand. The lady will never begin to know what love truly feels like. Nor will the lady ever express these painful thoughts to someone who would listen. Instead the masses will walk by her, unappreciative of her existence. Never to even once tell her what she really achieved in her life.

   The lady will continue living her life this way until the very day she dies. Until the day she lets loose her final breath of that fresh sun-risen air. And upon that very day will she realize that she wasted her entire life dwelling on these depressing and morose thoughts. Instead of realizing that maybe she doesn't need to feel love to know what it is. Or maybe she doesn't need someone standing beside her to feel the company of another life. Her one and only flaw was that she never loved herself.

© 2015 Dallan


Author's Note

Dallan
Try rereading the poem, but this time take note that this excerpt is about a tree. Not a woman. I also use this excerpt to make aware that humans have the capability to love anything. Regardless of the before stated "anything" has the ability to speak for itself or not.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really thought it was about a woman lol but it did made me think if me how I've been single for years yes dating but men or guys a total waste of time and now a mom which is harder to find someone. But I don't lose faith I will one day but a good someone in everything I prayed for. Good story loved it and I could vision every word. 🤗

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
613
This was so beautifully written. I could see everything you portrayed. Well done.

- Brittney

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2015
Last Updated on January 14, 2015
Tags: Poem, Personification, Foreshadow

Author

Dallan
Dallan

Cardston, Alberta, Canada



About
I enjoy taking excerpts from a novel I'm currently working with and creating poems from it. I'm by no means trained or entirely knowledgeable when it comes to classical literature. But my biggest pass.. more..