A sample and a tryout

A sample and a tryout

A Poem by Dalton J
"

Just trying out poetry

"
My writing has always come from my heart. But I feel as if the ability was soullessly ripped from me. No creativity, no determination, no ingenuity but an immense amount of interest. The feeling of my pen gliding over the paper as a bird glides over the treetops was calming and euphoric. But it feels like that joy is blocked. When I was upset I wrote the best content but since the block I haven’t been content. It’s like walking a cool nights forest path but not being able to enjoy the beauty of something so simple. I used to write about Kings, Queens, idles and there temples to different tempos but now I can’t write anything more than a sample. My minds dry and I can no longer turn the gears inside. Cobwebs and clutter caused me to stop flourishing and start to stutter. My envy goes out to the kids who didn’t grow up with the bottles to drown out all there sorrows or the drugs they took to replace hugs, to the kids who grew loved instead of shunned. My empathy goes to those who cried as they took a swig or who grew up thinking beauty came from makeup and wigs. Shoutout to the happy who learned it from love instead of the falsity of riches while people wrap at there feet begging for a plea and money to order some food to eat. Life is cruel to those who try to act cool but worse to those who stay sheltered or isolated thinking there greatness would come from the shades they stayed in. From the first tree grew no fruits but greed that would do more then feed. Evil sprung as heavens bells ring and the world was wrapped in a cold fire, no sweat, no flames just anger and disgrace. Gains came from grains in a world that lacked good brains.

© 2019 Dalton J


Author's Note

Dalton J
This is my first time trying anything like this please give me any feedback you have

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on March 29, 2019
Last Updated on March 29, 2019
Tags: Dark, rhyming, poor quality

Author

Dalton J
Dalton J

Stafford, VA



About
I’m just a kid from a small town who enjoys writing more..