Sweden, and a taste of your beautiful Stockholm

Sweden, and a taste of your beautiful Stockholm

A Story by Dan K Buksh
"

Visit the best vacation country in the world. It’s not just a place, it is an adventure. So get your [url= tickets to Stockholm from UK[/url] today

"

The soul of Scandinavia

Stockholm is a very beautiful and clean city. There are many green areas and there are many things to do. Stockholm is the capital and the largest city in Sweden. Stockholm has 1,372,565 inhabitants. Stockholm is the best city to visit if you are interested in seeing Scandinavia, the Scandinavian people and their lifestyle. The city is divided into two parts; Gamla Stan and the city center.

Gamla Stan dates back to the 1200s. It consists of medieval alleys, cobbled streets and archaic architecture. Moreover, the city center has beautiful old buildings, but also many modern buildings. The center of the city is very elegant and full of clothing stores to choose from. Even when the Swedes are walking through the streets it seems that it has come out of a fashion catalog. Stockholm is truly a paradise for those who love shopping. In Stockholm you can enjoy both the historic center and the modern area of ​​the city.

 

 

Gamla Stan is the heart of Stockholm

Gamla Stan is the heart of Stockholm, where the city was born 750 years ago. It is a very small island, around which the rest of the city is organized. The island had at that time a strategic position between the Baltic Sea and Lake Malaren since it was there where business and commerce were done with much of the rest of the country.

Many of the buildings we see today are from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, glued to one another in the narrow streets of the island. On the one hand we have Vasterlanggatan, which is the main street, with souvenirs and shops for tourists; and then the rest of the island, calmer and less crowded. It is worth mentioning Stortorget, an almost square that is quite centered on the island, and where there are many nice restaurants and cafes. Also the great Royal Palace is on the edge of the island.

There was a time when the whole city could fit on this island, which runs from one side to the other in 20 minutes. They refer to it as "the city between the bridges". Then they built a fortification on the highest part of the island to control the comings and goings of ships between the sea and Lake Malaren.

Gamla Stan means old city in Swedish. It is considered that the city was founded in 1252, since it was the first time it was mentioned as such.

 

 

The streets of Gamla Stan, the small island that means Old Town in Swedish, and where the city of Stockholm was founded in the year 1252, are very picturesque, they have red, yellow and beautiful houses very beautiful at the moment when the sun and the lights, although most are very close and narrow streets, so not much light. I imagine that the other way around, during the winter, it does not get much wind and being all attached protects them a bit.

At the beginning, the houses were built as people were arriving, and that's why the streets are not straight, sometimes it seems like a labyrinth, until in 1625, those responsible for the development of the city decided to plan a little more and the streets they started to be perpendicular. But in the center of the island they remain as before, without much logic.

There is almost no traffic in the streets of Gamla Stan, it is very beautiful because it allows you to walk quietly. It's hard to imagine why you want to drive there, with streets so narrow you can hardly turn.

Taking a walk around the island is very beautiful, it is a mixture of colors, and a return to the past, as if it were an open-air museum.

This walk is a medieval tour that can be done in an hour or so, walking through the streets of Gamla Stan, the historic center of Stockholm. We are on a very small island, which is covered in 15 minutes, but the goal is to take the time to admire several buildings and bury their history.

Gamla Stan was called before Stadsholmen, the island city, has changed a lot, by deconstructions and extensions. What we are going to see is from the thirteenth century to the eighteenth century. We started with Myntgatan, right at the door of the island, behind the parliament. When the city was created, it had surrounding walls to defend itself, in Vasterlanggatan and Osterlanggatan. Now it's the shopping streets.

Following Kakbriken, the street is from the fifteenth century, and has protection at its angles, which were to prevent the carriages and horses from damaging the houses of the narrow streets.

We continue in the square of the center, which now has the Nobelmuseet, was the square of public announcements, which were read to people a couple of times a year. If the laws were not respected, there were fines, or they could apprehend you.

 

Author: Daniyal Buksh �" Professional Digital Marketer

 

 

© 2018 Dan K Buksh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on January 31, 2018
Last Updated on January 31, 2018
Tags: travel, stockholm, cheapflights, people, adventure, attractions

Author

Dan K Buksh
Dan K Buksh

London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom



About
Professional Business Promoter more..

Writing