Shattered By Your Love

Shattered By Your Love

A Story by Dana Barakat

I met you and something about you was magical. You ignited me, and we clicked in a blink of an eye. I can still remember the night we took that polaroid when you were looking at me and smiling, like you've owned the world. People envied our relationship. They envied the way you loved me and took every step with me. They envied our smiles and how we never broke our promises. They envied us. Days passed by and everything flipped over. You met her. You showered her with your love. You shattered me-broke me into pieces.
But I remember the day you saw me again. You were trembling as you looked into my eyes. You gave me a long gaze, for you have realized it's your loss that you left me. We spoke about your life and about her, in addition to how I was over you and you were totally over me, but I can still see our first polaroid in your vintage brown wallet, where you smiled like you've owned the world.

© 2017 Dana Barakat


Author's Note

Dana Barakat
My very first post on Writers Cafe, waiting for your reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That love story expressed its sorrow effectively and it narrated the poem very well. Keep writing!! :D

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dana Barakat

6 Years Ago

Thanks a lot!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Added on May 22, 2017
Last Updated on May 22, 2017

Author

Dana Barakat
Dana Barakat

Beirut, Lebanon



About
My madness in literature is obvious in my writings. more..

Writing