A Ghost Lost in Between

A Ghost Lost in Between

A Poem by Dandelion Dream

If someone would ask me how I think what dying feels like..
I'd say it catches you really off-guard. It's only a matter of a second and it jumps onto you from behind without any warning.
You freeze at an image, and this will be your last image. Your body will start to melt, or better put.. your soul is leaking down into the deep.
It goes deeper than you would ever expect, starts through the ground, merges with the earth. It starts really slow, even though fear not yet scary.
Feelings feel without boundaries. you feel everything that connects you as a human being, the human being you are, the body you were.
Somehow euphoric, but then..
Then comes the moment your soul falls.
It passed the border, into the space lost from timeline forever.
It goes as fast as a spaceflight, but time is so slow as endless ocean reflected on stars.
You get to see everything you had in life. Flashes of your childhood, of your problems, of fears, of what could have been, of what you actually were, your regrets and whats dear.
You get a taste of all.. But most importantly. Your love.
The taints of your world that you have been painting inside. 
It's colors fill you bright and fierce, a kingdom of you and who has been let inside.
The body feels like clouds and the sky is a castle, all above looking down upon the earth.
All your hopes and real dreams, they are alive and float free.
Kind of one of those dreams you have at night and never remember.
But sadly, this final dream.. This is the gifted one that you will leave with.
As it is, you would think this is where it ends. But it's only the beginning.
Time felt stuck but was only a moment in real. Maybe even flashes some signs from reality.
Flashes could be anything.. Seeing your loved ones stare straight into the eye in tears.
Could be worse, could be betrayal and mistake. For those we should pray.

Colors start to disappear and sounds are coming to an end.
The soul is about to get grabbed down, like arms pulling you inside a box.
As an empty void piercing deep towards the center of our planet.
Magnetifies the world deep to the core, bundling up like a rock.
Energy feels beyond power, building strong steaming heat.
Ready to fall through and be one with the earth.
Your soul is bursting, overwhelming light.
Ready to shatter and blast free.
Your real dreams.. Your existance.. You.
Into a countless amount of pieces launched away.
To be forever floating around in whatever's out there.
We won't get to live it, but they will get to keep it living.

Go and make your dream.

© 2015 Dandelion Dream


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have told people for many years. Death will come when desire. We have no control. I like how you use description to make your point in the words.
"Go and make your dream."
We must reach for the dreams and not allow the naysayers to slow us down. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote


Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 12, 2015
Last Updated on July 12, 2015

Author

Dandelion Dream
Dandelion Dream

Belgium



About
Aspiring poetry writer more..

Writing