Love Letters

Love Letters

A Story by Mikayla McAuley
"

I'm in love.

"
To have someone understand your mind is the deepest form of intimacy, and I have never felt more naked than on the nights I spent in the backseat of his car fully clothed. He let me talk for hours about everything and nothing all at once; we pressed our bodies together under a faded blanket until the windows steamed over, and then we wrote stories in their fog. He reached into the darkest corners and climbed to the highest peaks of my mind and he saw my good and my bad and my joy and my pain and he loved me for all of it. He saw the wild there too, trapped within it, but instead of trying to tame it he tore the cage apart. He made me laugh until tears rolled down my cheeks, and then he wiped them away with a swipe of his thumb. And when our bellies ached from laughter and we ran out of words, he held me in the silence, his heartbeat a warm lullaby against my back. He says he's never been good with words. So I will write him love letters with ink on my prettiest paper, and I will let him write his with his fingers down my spine and his tongue between my lips.

© 2016 Mikayla McAuley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Impressive description. This is a beautiful piece to be sure. Well done, you definitely get the feelings across through your words.

My only possible critique on this one is the line "He saw the wild there too, trapped within it, but instead of trying to tame it he tore the cage apart." the first 'it' is a little vague you could probably lose the 'trapped within it' part or edit it a bit and it would flow a bit better without a break in idea.

Absolutely great, keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thats a nice story about someone who you love and who is so special to you. I'm touched. Keep it up..

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mikayla McAuley

7 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2016
Last Updated on November 26, 2016
Tags: relationships, Love

Author

Mikayla McAuley
Mikayla McAuley

NY



About
Just another moody 18 year old existentialist. more..

Writing