Theives And Foxes

Theives And Foxes

A Poem by Daniel Beilman
"

a poem about my coming to Christ.

"

          A sparrow falls, and hits the ground, like the stone that taps your window, but it was my stone, that broke the glass, of a fragile chest belonging to a bird.

Will you do me the honors, of meeting me in the street? We slink down the hall like creeping thieves; we will steal all their love, from the night; all that remains is two entangled strangers among the sheets, who once knew each other. Like a beautiful vineyard with much to show, but we, the foxes trampled its fruit, thus ridding it of that beauty so much admired.

We swore an oath of juvenile love, but we misunderstood our own words-we knew not what we did. I gave my devotion to such a beautiful idol-you, with your wondrous eyes, I figured all was fine.

But what a curse is this?! You are the rose I wish to hold but can’t help but bleed. Your touch was the chain, and your harsh words became the ball, weighing me down as I fell into the ocean. Now I don’t blame you entirely, for it was my grand scheme of self imprisonment. I lacked the courage and strength to lead you, in what was right.

Oh! We the young and naïve, so desperately seek the warmth of hope and love. Thus we leave into the cold rain seeking our own flames, but what we have done, is diminish them! Divine intervention is what I so needed! To save me from the creation of despair I, myself created. 

I ran from this haunting mistake,  dressed in wool to hide my fox-like features, and fled to the company of sheep.
Footsteps approached and I tried to hide. But My God, my Sheppard, you knew I was an outsider, for obviously my teeth and claws are those of a beast. But you stooped down and picked me out, I fearfully tried to flee but there was nowhere I could go, where you would not.

Despite my foreign skin, you showed love and hope to me; a gentile fox! I trampled on love before, and dedicated myself to such youthful desires and idols like her; my creation! Burn the idols! Cast her in the flames of God’s power, I know I wasn’t for her, and she not for me, but I know if she goes into the Sheppard’s hands she too will be set free!

From time and time again I am revisited by the nightmares of my past! And from time to time I slip away, for like all sheep we have gone astray! But I will proceed to learn, that all things belong to you! So lord make me right, right in the sight of those beautiful eyes! Despite my disfigured form, you have accepted me! You have taken all, for all things exist and belong to you! My ugliness, my wretchedness, for I was once a thief! My idols, my foolish ideals, for once I thought myself as wise. My worries and cares, my joys and despairs, my love and my hate, a balance I no longer kept. Take this dead weight, it hangs and brings me down. My death, my life, my body and soul, what is deceit and what is true, rest in your hands, for they now belong to you!

My God, they are not mine, my father indeed your burden is light. I give you everything I hold, for they are yours, I stand free, for your burden is light.

© 2008 Daniel Beilman


Author's Note

Daniel Beilman
I would love to hear what you guys think, please ignore spelling errors ok? Thank you and enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on June 1, 2008
Last Updated on June 2, 2008

Author

Daniel Beilman
Daniel Beilman

About
My Name is Daniel Beilman, I use my pen and paper as a gift to inform others of the human condition, and how to avoid the things in life that takes us down the wrong paths. I wish to help people see m.. more..

Writing