Nambies

Nambies

A Screenplay by Daniel Contreras IV
"

Scene 1

"
Nambies
Scene I

Setting: Emergency Room/ Early 90's/ Seattle, Washington

(Pan into an ER where we see a doctor, aged visibly to his at least mid 40's, frantically trying to save a patients life. He fails and the patient flat lines.)

Doctor:
D****t, not again. (Turns to nurse) Look at what you've done, your hesitation once again ended a life.

Nurse: (Close up of his face, we have not seen his body yet. Looking confused) But, but I don't even work here. You just pulled me in from the hallway a few minutes ago. (Pan out of close up to reveal a guy in street clothes).

Doctor:
D****t Janice, now's not the time for excuses. Time of death: 4:32 PM. Now run along and fetch me some coffee. Extra cream, extra sugar.

Nurse: My name's not Janice, I'm...

Doctor: D****t Janice, no excuses! Now hurry with that coffee. chip-chop-chip. (Nurse walks away. Doctor then turns and pick up a cup of coffee on the table behind him and takes a sip as he walks to his office and sits down. Enter Intern 1.)

Intern 1: Doctor, your needed in 307. Mr. Johnson's going into cardiac arrest.

Doctor: Now's not the time for that. I need time to think. Leave me.

Intern 1: But, he's dying sir. What are you thinking about?

Doctor: Nothing, now leave me. (Intern 1 shakes his head and walks away. Doctor looks around his office and notices an old picture of himself and some others on duty in Vietnam. He has a look on his face that seems to be deep in thought. Pan into his coffee glass and out a coke bottle some years before.)

© 2010 Daniel Contreras IV


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010

Author

Daniel Contreras IV
Daniel Contreras IV

Sandusky, OH



About
18 year old high schooler from Sandusky, Ohio. Loves long walks on the beach, but hates sand. That stuff gets everywhere. In all your crevices and such. I love to write. Mostly screenplays. I'll add t.. more..

Writing