Nambies

Nambies

A Screenplay by Daniel Contreras IV
"

scene 4

"
Nambies
Scene IV

Setting: Early 70's/ Back on the Streets of Seattle

(Replay Gil ramming into Boy's shoulder. This time keep focus on Boy and Girl.)


Boy: Hey! Watch it! (Turns to Girl) Can you believe that? People get so reckless the day after Independence Day.


Girl: I know. He's probably high on pot.  God, I hate that stuff.


Boy:
(Tucks in a baggie of pot into his pocket and continues walking) I know, me too, right?

Girl: The nerve of some people. Let's forget about it. We have better things to worry about. (At this point they're in the middle of the street.) I mean, we're young, in love, and the world is our oyster. Nothing can stop us. (She gives him a small kiss. He smiles. She smiles back and take a few steps back. She reaches out her hand.) Let's go. (As she says "go", a semi truck runs her over and keeps going. Blood spatters onto Boy.)


(We then see the front of Boys house. He walks in slowly, looking distraught. He finds his mom in the kitchen.)


Mom: Hey sweety, how was your day? (She opens a cupboard and takes out a pill bottle.)


Boy: Aw, not so good, another girl got ran over.


Mom: They should really stop giving those truckers cocaine, who knows what they'll do next. There's plenty of fish in the sea, hun. Besides, she was a hussy anyway.


Boy: You think every girl I meet's a hussy mom.


Mom: Don't raise your voice to me. just because your 18 doesn't mean you have that right. When you moving out, by the way?


Boy: I don't know maybe this week, maybe never.


Mom: Well, if your to reside in my house (She puts three or four valluim in her mouth) then your to work for it. (Swallows) Now go clean your room.

(As he walk down the hallway he sees the mailbox.)

Boy: Hey ma! Have you checked the mail yet today?

Mom: Shoot! I've been meanin' to. Can you go out and get it for me?

Boy: Okee dokee (He goes outside and gets the mail. He comes back in the house and sifts through it. One catches his eye, and he puts down the rest. He opens it slowly and begins to read the page inside.) Hey ma, um, I think I've been drfted.

Mom: What? Nooo. (She walksover and takes the letter) Let me see this. (She reads aloud. Boy takes a drink of water.) Dear mister (As she says his name he chokes and makes her saying the name inaudible), we here at the United States ARMY are glad to inform you that you have been chosen to join the armed forces as a frontline medic Private. YOu re to begin serving on July 5th, on that day report to your local YMCA. Sorry this letter came alittle late. Don't pack anything, everything you need will be provided. Chao.

Boy: So, I'm to join the ARMY today now?

Mom: Before you go clean your room.







© 2010 Daniel Contreras IV


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010

Author

Daniel Contreras IV
Daniel Contreras IV

Sandusky, OH



About
18 year old high schooler from Sandusky, Ohio. Loves long walks on the beach, but hates sand. That stuff gets everywhere. In all your crevices and such. I love to write. Mostly screenplays. I'll add t.. more..

Writing