Nambies

Nambies

A Screenplay by Daniel Contreras IV
"

Scene 6

"
Scene 6

Setting: Early 70's/ Bus Station in Seattle

(Cut to see Gil just exiting the bus. Upon getting off he does a couple stretches. He looks around and notices a man holding a sign that reads: DRAFT DODGERS. Behind him is a pickup truck with 5 or six men in the back and room for one more person. Gil walks over to him.)

Gil: Hey man, this for real?

Sign Holder: Yea man, it's for real.

Gil: No cops or nothin'?

Sign Holder: No, it's cool, hop on board.

Gil: Cool

(Gil gets in the back of the pickup.  The Sign Holder then gets in front and drives off. Cut scene to the pickup driving in front of a police station. The Sign Holder then starts honking his horn and shouting "I've got some over here!" A bunch of cops run out and the people in the pickup truck begin to scramble. Gil runs down the street with the police officers chasing after. As he runs, he knocks shoulders with Boy, but keeps going. He then runs behind the corner of a building and curls up into a ball. Soon after the two officers turn the corner and don't see him at first, but after a couple seconds notice where he's at.)

Cop 1: Come on, let's go.

Cop 2: Down to the YMCA with the rest of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scene 7

Setting: Early 70's/ At YMCA in Seattle


(Pan to the outside of the YMCA where we see Gil being escorted by the two officers. As he enters, a battalion leaves, presumably ready to be shipped off to Nam. In the battalion is Boy. As they walk by each other they make eye contact. The Two officers and Gil walk inside where they meet Front Desk Guy.)

Cop 2: Hey, is a back room open, we got a runner?

Front Desk Guy: Yea, I think so. (He shakes his head and turns to Gil) Why'd you do it kid? Don't you know what happens to dodgers?

Gil: Yea, yea, I heard. I gotta do four year in jail after I'm done serving in Vietnam.

Front Desk Guy: I wish it was that simple... The room number's 202. Just try to keep the screaming down this time. I've got a business to keep.

(Gil looks perplexed)

Cop 1: Alright, we'll try. Come on kid, let's go. (He put's his hand on his back and walks away. Cop 2 stays behind.)

Font Desk Guy: So, what's he gonna do this time?

Cop 2: Well, we figure this kid deserves something special. (A devilish grin comes over his face)

(Cut scene to outside of a door reading: 202, where we hear loud muffled screams. The screaming stops and the door opens. Cop 1 walks out and takes off some medical gloves. Right behind him is Gil being carried out by two people.)

Gil: W-Why?

Cop 1: Because the ARMY has to save money. We can't spend boatloads of money on everyone who try's to dodge the draft on jail time and elaborate punishments. So we have to resort to what we do best: Purple Nurples. OK, time for inspection.

(Gil regains his strength and is directed into a small room. Soon after a nurse walks in. She smiles at him and snaps a glove over her hand.)

Nurse: OK, drop your pants and lean over will you?

Gil: Oh man, if only I didn't get caught... get caught... get caught...get...caught...

Nurse: (Looking confused) What are you doing?

Gil: I'm triggering a flashback. Be quiet, I need to concentrate. Get caught...get caught...get...caught...

(Fade to black)    

  

© 2010 Daniel Contreras IV


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on March 16, 2010
Last Updated on March 16, 2010

Author

Daniel Contreras IV
Daniel Contreras IV

Sandusky, OH



About
18 year old high schooler from Sandusky, Ohio. Loves long walks on the beach, but hates sand. That stuff gets everywhere. In all your crevices and such. I love to write. Mostly screenplays. I'll add t.. more..

Writing