untitled

untitled

A Screenplay by Daniel Contreras IV
"

A movie I'm woking on for school

"
Setting: Sandusky, Ohio-woods/ evening- present day

(Pan shot of the woods giving off a serene, relaxed feeling. The sound of spray cans begin to fade in. The relaxed feeling is over when a woman abruptly yells “Hey!”.  A boy yells “Run” and a couple seconds later two boys run across the screen with the woman not far behind them.)

Boy 1: We probly shouldn’t’ve done that.

Boy 2: Oh well, this place needed a little sprucing up anyway.

Woman: (Panting) Get... back here!

(The two boys race across a field and into Goofy Golf, a putt putt place. As they enter they split in different directions. The woman comes in after, gasping for breath, looks around and doesn’t see them.)

Woman: I’ll get you brats! Just wait.

(She then shakes her head, and leaves, reluctantly. After she leaves the boys come out, visibly tired.)

Boy 1: That was close. You get that project done for government?

Boy 2: The Bill Of Rights one?

Boy 1: Yeah.

Boy 2: No.

Boy 1: Me neither.

(Boy 2 pulls out his phone, Boy 1 is texting on his. Boy 2 looks at the time.)

Boy 2: It’s 7:30, let’s go to my house. I’m hungary.

Boy 1: Me too. Pizza?

Boy 2: Yeah, I think.

(They begin to walk out. Boy 1 pulls out his phone and texts again.)

Boy 1: Where from?

Boy 2: Marcos, I hope. My ma has been wanting Pizza House lately.

Boy 1: God, I hate pizza house.

Boy 2: Yeah, me too.


(They walk across the field they just ran across, Boy 1 texts again.)

Boy 2: Who you textin’?

Boy 1: No one. ( He smiles a crap eating grin.)

Boy 2: I hate you. (Punches Boy 1’s arm.) For real, who you texting?

Boy 1: Why do you want to know so bad?

Boy 2: Cos, I’d tell you if you asked me who I was texting.

Boy 1: Well, good for you.

Boy 2: Fine, whatever.

Boy 1: (Looks at Boy 2, who seems to be avoiding him. After a short moment of silence, he sighs) Megan, okay, I’m texting Megan.

Boy 2: Megan? I thought you hated Megan?

Boy 1: Well, Daniel, we made up.

Daniel: Oh.

Boy 1: I just hate how she always ditches me. We were supposed to go see Prince of Persia tonight.

Daniel: Wait, you were gonna go see Prince of Persia? Way to ditch me.

Boy 1: You could have came if you wanted.

Daniel: And be the third wheel to you two? I’d rather not.

Boy 1: Well, get more friends then.

Daniel: I do, I’m just too lazy to get ahold of them... (A brief pause.) Man, I can’t wait till the new Blink CD comes out.

Boy 1: Me too, I’ve been listening to Take Off your Pants and Jacket a lot lately.

Daniel: I’ve always like Enema better.

Boy 1: What? (Shoots him a crazy look) You are just crazy.

( They enter Daniel’s back yard.)

Daniel: I don’t know what your talkin’ about, Enema has Going Away to College, What’s My Age Again, Adam’s Song, All the Small Things...

Boy 1: Exactly, All the Small Things is commercialized garbage.

Daniel: It deffinently isn’t their best song, but it’s not garbage.

Boy 1: Okay, when’s the last time you listened to it fully?

Daniel:...

Boy 1: Exactly.

(They enter Daniel’s house through the back. Daniel’s Mom walks by.)

Daniel’s Mom: Hey

Daniel and Boy 1: Hey

Daniel’s Mom: Where were you two?

Daniel: No where, just Goofy Golf.

(Boy 1 sits down in a chair and texts.)

Daniel’s Mom: Oh, so if I give Ms. Simon a call, she won’t say you two were in her woods?

Daniel: Ugh, fine, we were.

Daniel’s Mom: Well, you shouldn’t be, you know how she is after the last time.

Daniel: Sorry, I didn’t realize peeing in the woods was a horrible crime.

Daniel’s Mom: It is when it’s not your property. Stop messin around back there.

(Daniel and Boy 2 look at each other.)

Daniel’s Mom: Oh shut up, you know what I meant.

Daniel: Yeah, sure,  you order the pizza yet?

Daniel’s Mom: Yeah, the money’s on the table, I’ll turn on the light, you get it.

Daniel: (Sighs) Fine, where’d you order from?

Daniel’s Mom: Marcos.

Daniel: Yes.

Boy 1: Thank God.

Daniel’s Mom: Alright, I’m going to lay down. When it comes, bring me some. (To Boy 1.) You stayin’ the night?

Boy 1: Yeah, probly.

Daniel’s Mom: You have Saturday School?

Boy 1: No.

Daniel’s Mom: Okay, good. (Walks away) Remember to bring me some when the pizza comes.

Daniel: Okay.

(Cut to a little bit later in Daniel’s back room. Daniel is at the computer playing a game and Boy 1 is watching a movie on the T.V., texting at the same time. A pizza box is open next to Daniel on the computer desk. Daniel looks at Boy 1.)

Daniel: Ian?

Ian: (Focused on his phone.) Yes, Daniel?

Daniel: What would you call you and Megan? Like are you more than just friends or what?

Ian: I don’t know, why?

Daniel: Just wonderin’. Have you done anything with her?

Ian: (Looks at Daniel and smiles.) If by anything you mean this. (He thrusts his pelvis in a repetitive fashion.) It was actually just this, I stood one way, she stood about 20 feet away, and we just did this facing each other.

(They both laugh. As they laugh, Daniel’s phone vibrates next to him. He opens it and begins to text. Ian looks at Daniel.)

Ian: Who’s that?

Daniel: (With his own crap eating grin.) Wouldn’t you like to know?

Ian: (Looking annoyed) Okay then...

Daniel: It’s Amy. (He puts on a look of despair.)

Ian: Oh my God, really? What has it been, like a year?

Daniel: Yeah, and she still tries.

Ian: Why do you talk to her, she cheated on you?

Daniel: I don’t know. Your mad at Megan, why are you still talking to her?

Ian: Because, we made up.

Daniel: Well, so have we.

(Ian shoots him a look that says “are you kidding me”.)

Daniel: Not enough to get back with her, God no, but we can still be civil or whatever.

Ian: Sure... (Puts down cell phone) Hey, I don’t think we should have done that today.

Daniel: (Texting) Done what?

Ian: You know, in the woods?

Daniel: Oh yeah, well, we didn’t do anything too bad, I mean, we just painted.

Ian: I don’t know, she seemed pretty mad. She said she was gonna get us.

Daniel: And you believe her? I’ll tell you what, we’ll go to her house tomorrow and apologize. Then we’ll go wash the paint off the trees.

Ian: Hmmm... I’d rather not.

Daniel: Well, then don’t worry about it. What’s she gonna do anyway? Track us down and seek vengeance. (They both laugh)


Setting: Ms. Simon’s house/ that night

(Pan shot through her house, eerie music plays as the camera sees a house very cluttered. There are several animals in the house including cats, birds, and a Chihuahua . Pan into a bathroom where we see Ms. Simon looking into a mirror with a dazed look. She reaches for lipstick and smears it on her face, not paying attention. After she is done, she writes on the mirror “KILL ALL TRESPASSERS”. She smiles, proud of her work, and leaves the bathroom.)



Setting: Daniel’s house/ The next day


(Pan in the back room of the house. The lights are off and Daniel is sleeping on a mattress on the floor. He has a note taped to his forehead. The room is kind of a mess, strewn with pop cans and napkins and dvd cases, as well as dvds themselves. Daniel wakes up, takes the note off, rubs his head and reaches for his phone. He sees that it’s almost 2:30. He reads the note that says “Daniel, didn’t want to wake you so I taped this to your face. Went home to take a shower and eat. Call me. XOXO, Ian.” Daniel, being just in boxers, puts on some shorts. He then picks up some deodorant, smells his armpit, shakes his head and puts the deodorant down. After putting on a shirt, he picks up his phone and calls Ian.)

Daniel: Ian?... Hey, you done eatin’ or whatever............ Cool, you wanna go to blockbuster?........... You still have some of the money your dad gave you?.............. I think I can get 5, if not we’ll get a movie instead....... OK?... Ok, see you when you get here.

(Daniel hangs up the phone and goes to his moms room where she is doing some sort of leg exercise.)

Daniel: Hey, mom, can I get five bucks to go to blockbuster?

Mom: Hmmm... Go get my purse. It’s on the dining room table.

(Daniel exits the room briefly and returns with the purse.)

Daniel: Here. (Hands the purse.)

(Daniel’s Mom then reaches inside the purse and pulls out her wallet. She unzips a pouch to reveal not much money. She ends up finding a five. She hands it to him.)

Daniel’s Mom: You know this means you have to cut the front and back yard this week?

Daniel: For five bucks?

Daniel’s Mom: And I bought you and Ian pizza last night.

Daniel: Ugh, we’ll see. ( He walks out.)

Daniel’s Mom: (Continuing her workout) Well, your welcome!

Daniel: Thanks! Love you! (Hear the door open and close.) 



Setting: Ian’s doorstep/ About five minutes later

(Shot of Ian’s front door. It opens to reveal Ian. He walks out, closes his door, and continues down the steps. He walks in front of Ms. Simon’s house, who is next door neighbors to him, and doesn’t notice her starring at him from a second story window. Close in on Ms. Simon in the window. She looks dazed and still has the lipstick on from last night. Ian then walks to Daniel’s house, which is three doors down. As he walks he twirls his keychain. He gets to Daniel’s front yard, he meets Daniel in his garage.)

Ian: Hey.

Daniel: Bout time, what took you so long?

Ian: I had to crap, settle down. (He puts down his keys on a chair that he then sits in.)

Daniel: For thirty minutes?

Ian:... Nobody said you had to wait out here till I got here.

Daniel: Well, I thought you weren’t going to take that long. You ready?

Ian: (Gets up.) Yeah. What should we get? (They begin to walk to his back yard.)

Daniel: I don’t know, what do you think?

Ian: Well, I wanted to play Fight Night 4.

Daniel: The one with Tyson and Ali?

Ian: Yeah.

Daniel: We already played that one.

Ian: Really?

Daniel: Yeah, but it was good, I’ll play it again.

Ian : Okay.

(They walk out of the back yard into the field. The camera stops at a certain point, and they walk out of the frame. Fade to black for about 5 seconds. Fade back in to reveal them walking back into frame. Daniel is holding a blockbuster game case.)

Daniel: What time is it?

Ian: (Gets out his phone.) Ummm... Almost 4:30.

Daniel: Dang, we’ve been gone that long?

Ian: If you didn’t talk to that woman for a half an hour about the freaking Beatles.

Daniel: Hey! She is a nice lady.

(They walk into the back yard.)

Ian: Sure, Daniel, you have a crush on her don’t you?

Daniel: What? Shut up, what is she, like 50?

Ian: (Smiling his crap eating grin.) Come on Daniel, you know you want her.

(They walk into the front yard/garage.)

Daniel: For real Ian, shut up. I just want to play this game.

(They enter the back room through the garage door, Daniel hands Ian the game.)

Daniel: Put it in, Ima go tell my mom were home. ( He walks a few steps and stops abruptly.)

Ian: (Putting in the game.) What the heck, I thought (He looks up.)... Oh... My... God.

(Pan to across them to reveal Daniel’s Moms dead body tied to a chair. She is gagged with a bandana and appears to have multiple stab wounds in the stomach. Daniel begins to panic as Ian tries to calm him down. Daniel slaps his mom to make sure she’s dead, but she still stays motionless. Ian notices Daniel’s dog laying next to her, with a little blood spattered on him. Daniel is still panicky.)

Ian: I think they killed Ollie too.

(Daniel looks up, excited, but the dog moves. Daniel starts to panic again and scream “why”. Ian, now fed up, slaps Daniel in the face.)

Ian: Shut up! (Slap. Daniel calms down, but is still breathing heavily.)

Daniel: ( He notices on the table behind his mom is a note. They read it says “Tag! Your It” in what appears to be lipstick.)

Ian: (Doing an impression of him.) Don’t worry about it, Ian. What’s she gonna do, track us down and seek vengeance?

Daniel: Yeah, cos you thought this would happen. She seemed mad, but not homicidal. I’m calling the cops.

Ian: No, they won’t believe us, we need to build up some evidence.

Daniel: My freaking mom is dead, dude!

Ian: I know, and it’s a shame, but unless we build a case now, while we’re here she could be getting rid of the evidence.

Daniel: I hate you, so what should we do, then?

Ian: Well, for all we know, she might still be here, so we should probly get out.

(They both look at the front door, look at each other, and run to it. They open it and run outside. They begin to talk as they run.)

Daniel: Your house?

Ian: Yeah.

(They run to Ian’s door, only to find that it’s locked.)

Ian: Emily!

Daniel: God, where’s your key?

Ian: (After a brief pause.) I think I put it on your chair, before we went to blockbuster.

Daniel: Let’s go!

(They begin to run again to Daniel’s garage. When they get there they are out of breath, and find that the keys are gone, but left is a note, written on with lipstick. It reads “Run, run, run, as fast as you can, you can’t catch me, I’m the gingerbread man!”)

Ian: Now she’s just not making sense.

Daniel: Okay, now what do we do?

Ian: Uhhh... Okay, how about we go to the castle?

Daniel: Okay!

(They run to Goofy Golf. When they get there, they run up the castle steps and get into a secluded room inside it. They are now panting for air.)

Daniel: (Gasping) Okay... What do we do now?... My mom is dead... and she has the keys to your house.

Ian: (Gasping also) She left these notes... (Reaches in his pocket and gets them out.) Maybe they mean something?

(They wait a moment to regain their composure.)

Daniel: Let me see them. (Ian hands them to him.) Tag, your it? And Run, run, run, as fast as you can?... I think she wants us to come to her.

Ian: So, that’s what we’re not going to do, then.

Daniel: Wait, when does she work? She has to work.

Ian: I don’t know, why are you asking me?

Daniel: Because you live right next to her, maybe? When is her car usually gone?

Ian: I don’t know!

Daniel: Okay, so we have to spy on her then.

Ian: How do we know she’s not spying on us?

Daniel: Crap, your right. Look around, see if you can see her anywhere.

Ian: Okay.

(They both look, around. They don’t find anything.)

Daniel: See her?

Ian: No.

Daniel: Okay, let’s stake her out.

Ian: What? Why the heck would we take her out?

Daniel: No, stake, you idiot. Let’s wait till we know she’s gone, then investigate her house.

Ian: No, that’ll give her too much time to get rid of the evidence. She’s probly doing that now, actually.

Daniel: Well, we don’t even know she did it for sure.

Ian: Okay, Daniel, who else could’ve done it?

Daniel: I don’t know, robbers?

Ian: Robbers? Oh my God, let’s just go.

(Cut scene to the woods behind Ms. Simons house. The boys hide behind an old barn as they gaze at the house.)

Ian: You see her?

Daniel: No, it’s too dark in there.

Ian: What time is it?

Daniel: (Gets out his phone) 8:04

Ian: I don’t think she works this late.

Daniel: How do you know? Maybe she works on the railroad or something?

Ian: (Stares at Daniel) Okay, Daniel.

(Daniel’s phone vibrates, he opens it and begins to text.)

Ian: Oh my God, really?

Daniel: What?

Ian: Your mom just died and all you care about now is texting Amy.

Daniel: Well, there’s been so much going on around here. Where’s Megan at, weren't you texting her like crazy yesterday?

Ian: I don’t know, it’s been a while actually.

Daniel: Hmmm... Where we gonna sleep tonight?

Ian: Sleep? I don’t know. We can’t sleep at your house, can’t sleep at my... Crap!

Daniel: What?

Ian: My mom and Dave. They don’t know anything.

Daniel: Tell them, before they get home.

Ian: Okay, Daniel. What should I say? (In a sarcastic tone) Hey mom, don’t come home tonight, because our neighbor just killed Jeanne, and she has the keys to our house.

Daniel: Yes! That is exactly what you say.

(Just then, a light goes on inside the house.)

Ian: Shhh... Look.

(They see Ms. Simon in overalls walking about the kitchen. She then disappears to a part of the house we can’t see.)

Daniel: Let’s go up and get a better look.

Ian: What? No.

Daniel: How do we know what she’s doing in there?

Ian: Oh my God, I hate you. I swear to God, I’ll haunt you if I die and you live because of this.

(They both sneak up to the side of the house, and tiptoe to a window. They look inside and don’t see her in there. Then, to their surprise they hear a car door open. The boys then creep to the edge of the front of the house where they see Ms. Simon getting in her car and drive away. Ian and Daniel bump knuckles.)

Daniel: Alright, let’s go in through the back.

Ian: Okay.

(The boys jog to the back sliding door, and are quite surprised when they find it’s unlocked. They go inside and start to search for evidence, about a minute or two into looking, they find where she wrote kill all trespassers in the bathroom. Then, to their horror, they see her car enter the driveway and Ms. Simon get out of her car. Ian quickly jumps behind a couch in the front room and Daniel run’s upstairs just before she enters the house. She looks around, and then walks toward the couch. Ian can’t see what’s going on, but hears her footsteps, and he covers his mouth to mask his breathing. Ms. Simon stops in front of the couch for a second, looks around and reaches out and grabs a hat. She then walks out of the house. Ian peeks through the front window and sees her get in her car and leave again. He gets out of his hiding spot and walks through the house. He turns around and right in front of him is Daniel who frightens him very much.)

Ian: Ahhh!!!! Oh my God, Daniel! I freaking hate you.

Daniel:You gotta come see this.

( Cut to them at an upstairs room, which appears to be Ms. Simons. Daniel points to a piece of paper on one of her dressers. Ian walks up to it and reads it.)

Ian: Crap, I knew she went in my house.

(Cut to note. Reveal it to say “Megan 303 8984, 342 52nd St”.)

Daniel: Well, that would explain why she hasn’t texted you today.

Ian: Crap, she’s dead, I know it. (He begins to pull at his hair.)

Daniel: Call her, maybe she just didn’t have time to text you.

(Ian pulls out his phone and begins to call, he waits a minute, but just gets her voicemail. He looks at Daniel.)

Ian: Damn!

(Daniel looks out the window.)

Daniel: Oh my God, Ian, look.

(Ian looks out the window to see two girls, one about ten and another in her teens, getting dropped off, they wave to the person driving and they begin to walk to the house.)

Ian: Frick, ummm... over here! (He points to a window that leads to the roof of the garage.)

(They hear the front door open and close.)

Daniel: Go, go, go.

(Ian begins to open the window. As he does they hear someone run up the steps. They both go through the window, but forget to close it. They jump off the roof and run to the woods just before the younger girl notices the window open, and looks outside. She turns around.)

Younger Sister: Kayla! You left the window open again! (She closes it)

(Cut to at Goofy Golf. Daniel and Ian are out of breath.)

Daniel: What was that?

Ian: I don’t know.

Daniel: You didn’t know she had kids?

Ian: Well, yea, but usually their dad takes them on the weekends.

Daniel: Let’s go to my house, I don’t think she’s there.

Ian: Okay,your mom is dead, she has my keys, she most likely has megan, and we can’t investigate at her house, what are we gonna do?

Daniel: Hmmm... (Close up of him thinking.)

(Cut scene to them playing the video game. Daniel gets up to go to the bathroom. As he does he notices his moms body is gone. He turns to Ian.)

Daniel: Ummm... Ian?

Ian: (Fixated on the game) What?

Daniel: Come here.

Ian: (Pauses game.) Oh my God, Daniel, what is i-(He pauses.) Where’d she go?

Daniel: Yeah, Ian, cos I know. (He goes to the restroom.)

Ian: I’m gonna go look around.

Daniel: (From bathroom) Alright!

(Ian looks around the front of the house but finds nothing. He goes to the back room to find Daniel.)

Ian: She’s not here.

Daniel: Well, there is one place we can look... (He looks at a door with a hole in it.)

(Cut scene to pitch blackness that quickly changes as Daniel turns on the light in the basement. It is very dingy and is dungeon like. They look around until they find a note, written in lipstick, in a hole in the wall.)

Daniel: Ian, here.

(Ian comes over, and they read the note. It says “If you don’t want the nurse to have the same fate as Jeanne, go to the place where you defaced the woods. 8 AM.” Right next to it is a lock of brown hair.)

Ian: Damn.

Daniel: I know, 8 in the morning, really?

Ian: (Looks at Daniel) Okay, let’s call the police.

Daniel: Oh, when it’s my mom that’s dead, we can solve it ourselves, but when it’s your mom and girlfriend, we go to the police.

Ian: (Looks at Daniel for a moment.) She’s not my girlfriend.

Daniel: Whatever. (He begins to walk up the stairs.)

Ian: Where are you going?

Daniel: I’m trying to make sense out of all of this!

(Ian runs up the stairs and confronts Daniel.)

Ian: Okay then, if we’re not gonna go to the police, what should we do?

Daniel: (Waits a moment.) Here’s what we do...

(Cut shot to the back of Ms. Simons house. Ian and Daniel, sneak in through the back like they did before, and tiptoe through the house silently. They stop at the start of the stairs.)

Ian: Okay, which one do you want?

Daniel: Ummm... the small one.

Ian: D****e.

Daniel: How are we gonna do this?

Ian: I don’t know, I’ve never abducted anybody before.

Daniel: Me neither... You have tape?

Ian: Yeah. (Holds up a roll of duct tape.) You?

Daniel: Yeah... Alright, let’s go.

(The two creep up the steps, and silently go to the girls doors. Daniel turns to Ian.)

Daniel: (Whispers) Ok, on three.

(Daniel lifts his hand and counts to three by lifting his fingers. On the third, they burst into the rooms. Keep camera focused on where the two were in the hallway. The girls scream for a moment and then stop. A moment later, the girls are taken out of the room, mouths taped and hands bound. The boys lead them downstairs. Fade to black.)

(Fade in to the girls in chairs downstairs. Ian is pacing back and forth in front of them. Daniel is also in front of them, but just standing. He checks his phone to find out it’s almost 3:00 in the morning. Ian looks at Kayla, and rips the tape off her mouth.)

Kayla: (Rip.) OW!!!

Ian: Where’s my mom?

Kayla: (Looking confused.) I don’t know, how should I know?

Ian: You know, tell me what’s going on.

Kayla: I don’t know, you are supposed to meet my mom at 8.

Daniel: So you do know. Why is she doing this?

Kayla: (Being silent.)

Ian: Tell me!

Kayla: She told me not to!

Ian: Okay then. (He eyes the little one. She begins to squirm.)

Daniel: We don’t want to hurt anybody.

(Kayla looks intently at Ian, who is now raising his arm, preparing to strike. Before he does so, she answers.)

Kayla: OKAY! She said she and Jeanne planned this.

Daniel: Planned it? What? Why?

Kayla: She said so you guys would stop peeing and painting in our woods. She was gonna tell you at 8. She told me to stay home and call her in case you guys snuck in.

Ian: Well, that worked out. Kind of elaborate plan, don’t you think?

Kayla: I don’t know! She said it would work.

Ian: Okay, that explains your mom (Looks at Daniel) and Ms. Simon. What about my mom and Megan?

Kayla: I don’t know, she didn’t say anything about them.

Daniel: Kayla, we found the notes, (pulls them out.) where are they?

Ian: Where is my mom?

Kayla: I don’t know!

Ian: (Raises his arm.) I swear to God, if you say I don’t know one more time...

Kayla: I swear! She just said she was gonna make it look like Jeanne died to scare you guys. She didn’t say anything about your mom. I swear. (Begins to sob.)

(Daniel pulls Ian aside, just out of the girls hearing range.)

Daniel: I think she’s telling the truth.

Ian: I don’t know.

Daniel: Look at her.

(She’s is still sobbing.)

Ian: You might be caught in her web of lies, but I’m not. I know she knows something. I can see it in her smug little face.

Daniel: Well, we could use this to our advantage.

Ian: How?

(Cut to the woods. Ian is walking back and forth at the spot where the movie started, and Daniel is nowhere to be seen. Ian takes out his phone and checks the time, 8:03.)

Ian: Come on, come on, come on, where are you?

( Ian walks a couple steps, turns around, and about five feet away from him is Ms. Simon.)

Ms. Simon: Where’s Daniel?

Ian: He had to pee.

Ms. Simon: He didn’t want to go out here?

Ian: He didn’t think you’d appreciate that much.

(As he says this, pan from Ian to behind some trees where Ms. Simon can’t see, where we find Daniel and the girls.)

Ms. Simon: (Pause for a moment.) Where are my girls?

Ian: Where are mine?

Ms. Simon: What? I swear to God if you hurt them, I will kill you guys, starting with Daniel.

Ian: Why Daniel?

(From out of the trees Daniel and the girls appear.)

Daniel: Yeah, why me?

Ms. Simon: Oh, thank God, let them go.

Daniel: Let Megan and Ian’s mom go.

Ms. Simon: What are you talking about

Voice: I’ll handle this.

(From another part of the woods, Daniel’s Mom emerges.)

Daniel: So, your not dead.

Mom: No, no I’m not.

Ian: What does my mom and Megan have to do with any of this?

Daniel’s Mom: So, you haven’t figured it out yet.

Ms. Simon: What are you doing, this isn’t part of the plan.

Daniel’s Mom: I know. (After she finishes saying that, she pulls out a knife and stabs Ms. Simon in the back. The two girls try to scream, but the tape makes it muffled. Ms. Simon falls over.)

Daniel: What the hell?

Ian: Oh...

Daniel’s Mom: Now. Do you want to know about your mom and the girl?

Ian: Ummm... yeah.

Daniel’s Mom: They’re alright, I just stole what’s her faces phone so she couldn’t talk to you?

Ian: Why?

Daniel’s Mom: So you’d come out here.

Daniel: We probly would’ve came out here with you just dying.

Daniel’s Mom: Well I wanted this to be mainly my plot.

Ian: Ok, we get it, you don’t want us to come back here, we’ll stop.

(Daniel let’s go of the girls, and they run out of the woods.)

Daniel’s Mom: No, I couldn’t care less about that.

Ian: Well, then, why are you doing this?

Daniel’s Mom: Ms. Simon just wanted you two to stop going in the woods, you did something much worse to me.

Daniel: What?

Daniel’s Mom: You forgot to bring me pizza when I asked you to, and when I woke up, it was all gone.

Ian: What? This makes no sense. Stupid. Just stupid.

Daniel’s Mom: Oh, it makes sense. Now, I’m going to kill you son.

Ian: Your going to kill him?

Daniel: Why are you going to kill me?

(She walks toward them, knife at hand.)

Ian: Daniel, run.

(The boys run in different directions, Daniel’s Mom chases Daniel. Ian stops for a second and picks up a rock. Cut back to Daniel and his mom, where she has seemingly cornered him.)

Daniel: Really mom, over pizza?

Daniel’s mom: I... Was... Hungary! (She swipes at him with the knife, but he ducts out of the way.  She begins to swipe at him furiously until he finally falls down. She goes in for the kill, but just  as she raises her arm, she falls forward. Behind her, is Ian, holding a rock in his hand. He helps Daniel up, and they both look at Daniel’s Moms motionless body, with a wound on the back of her head.)

Daniel: I suppose this is the part where the killer makes one more attempt before finally dying. (They wait a second, poke her body, then shrug.) I guess not, cool.

(The boys then begin to walk home, keep the camera where it is on the ground, we can still here them talk.)

Ian: Take Off your Pants and Jacket is still better than Enema.

Daniel: No it’s not. Crap, I still have to make that movie for art.


( They begin to bicker about how Ian doesn’t want to help Daniel with the art project. Dialogue fades as the screen goes to black. Credits)

© 2010 Daniel Contreras IV


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on May 27, 2010
Last Updated on May 27, 2010

Author

Daniel Contreras IV
Daniel Contreras IV

Sandusky, OH



About
18 year old high schooler from Sandusky, Ohio. Loves long walks on the beach, but hates sand. That stuff gets everywhere. In all your crevices and such. I love to write. Mostly screenplays. I'll add t.. more..

Writing