Untitled

Untitled

A Screenplay by Daniel Contreras IV


Intro

Setting: Diner/ Car

(Fade in to a diners exterior. A car pulls up in front. Pan to inside the car, where there are three boys)

Travis: (In the car) What?! Nooooooo...

Ian: How is Stepbrothers better than Dumb and Dumber?

Travis: What do you mean? It just is.

Ian: Oh, good point.

Travis: Shut up, Stepbrothers is head and shoulders better than Dumb and Dumber, your just stuck in the past.

Ian: Stuck in the past? How?

Travis: You don't like anything new, if Stepbrothers were made 15 years ago, and Dumb and Dumber were made last year, you say Stepbrothers was better.

Ian: Ummm... No (Turns to Daniel) What do you think?

Daniel: I don't know, they're both good.

Travis: Oh come on, you gotta have an opinion?

Daniel: I don't know, Will Ferrell and John C. Riley sounds like a better pair than Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels... But I liked the writing better in Dumb and Dumber. Stepbrothers is more stupid comedy.

Travis: I know, thats whats great about it!

Daniel: Im gonna have to say Dumb and Dumber.

Travis: Bullcrap!

Ian: Boo Ya!

(Akward pause for a couple seconds)

Ian: (Takes deep breath) Okay, I think Im ready.

Travis: Good, now lets go over this one more time, just to be sure...

 Daniel: Whats to go over? We (Points to himself and Travis) Go in, hold em up, take the money, and run out, where our escape car (Points to Ian) will be waiting. Its not that hard to remember.

Travis: I just wanna be sure. Easier said than done... Alright... (As he says "alright" he pulls out a gun)

Ian: (Startled) Whoa, whoa, whoa... Wait a minute.

Daniel You didn't say anything about a gun.

Travis: How the hell are we gonna manage a robbery without a gun? (Holds it up) Besides, its not even loaded. We just go in, grab the cash, and split, just like you said. Now, (Grabs ski mask on his head) Lets do this. (Pulls it over his face. Daniel does the same)

Ian: I'll be waiting.

(Travis and Daniel get out of the car. Cut to diner interior, where two men are standing by the door.

Guy 1: So there I was, I was like, you know... (All of a sudden, Travis and Danel burst in and Daniel punches him in the face, knocking him down. Travis reveals his gun.)

Travis: Everybody be cool, this is a robbery! (He points the gun around the diner. Everybody hits the floor. Its not terribly busy, only 10-15 people.) Everyone who has a cell phone, give it to this gentleman (Points to Daniel) right here. No one bes a hero, no one gets hurt.

(Daniel walks around grabbing phones. As he finishes Travis goes up to the cashier)

Travis: Get the money! (He points the gun tat him) Hurry up! Hurry up hurry up hurry up! Give the money to him! (The cashier hands the money to Daniel) No! Not just by itself, don't you have a bag or something!?

Cashier: N-n-no, I d-don't think so. We have t-t-take home boxes.

Travis: That'll work! (The cashier scrambles around finding a box, and putting the money in it. He hands it to Daniel)

Daniel: Alright, lets get outta here. (He begins to walk out. Travis lingers there.) You comin?

(Travis looks at the cashier. A smirk goes over his face and he pulls the trigger on his gun. THe cashier hits the floor, a bullet wound in his chest. All the customers bury their heads in their arms. Daniel looks in shock)

Daniel: What the f**k?! What are you doing?!

Travis lets go.

(The two run out to the street where they discover Ian is nowhere to be found)

Travis: (Looking at Daniel) Where the hell is he?

(the two run down the street and turn the corner. Soon, Ian pulls up to them from behind)

Ian: Get in.

(The two get in. Ian drives off)

Travis: Where were you? I outta shoot you right now! (Pulls out the gun.)

Ian: I thought it wasnt loaded? (He does the douchebag smile he does)

Daniel: (To Travis) Yeah, what the hell was that in there?!

Ian: What was what?

Travis: That guy had it comin.

Ian: Who?

Daniel: How did he have it comin?

Travis: He was mouthy, and going too slow.

Ian: Or just ignore me, okay.

Daniel: You didnt have to do that!

Ian: Im completely unexistant, cool.

Travis: No, but I wanted to. (To Ian) you stil didnt answer my question?

Ian: Oh, now I exist.

Travis: Where were you?!

Ian: As soon as you guys went in, a cop pulled up. I had to lose him. Calm down.

Travis: (To Daniel) How much wed get?

Daniel: (Counts money and rools his eyes) Aw, s**t.

Travis: How much?

Daniel: (Throws money down) 26 dollars.

Travis: Christ.

Ian: I told you! Why a diner? Why a gosh darn diner?

Travis: Just get me outta here.

Ian: Where you goin?

Travis: Umm... (Pulls out a piece of paper) 1216 elm.

Ian: Really? That's all the way acroos town.

Travis: So?

Ian: So what are you doing over there?

Travis: Taking care of something.

(Ian rolls his eyes. Fade to black. Fade back in to he car pulling up to a kind of dingy house. Travis gets out of the car. Daniel hands him money through the car window)

Daniel: And a third of 26 is 8.50

Ian: (Puzzled look on his face) No it isnt.

Daniel: No, but it comes to a wierd number.

(Travis looks at them blankly  as they bicker)

Ian: Its not that hard to figure out.

Daniel: Well, I dont feel like it. This way is easier.

Ian: Oh my God, you are so lazy.

Daniel: Sorry, Ive been through a lot today. What have you done? Sit in the car.

Ian: I was the only one who had a drivers liscense. Another testiment to you being lazy.

Daniel: I figures wed give him 8.50, then  wed each get 8.25.

Ian: What? Ehy does he get more than us?

Daniel: Its only a quarter, and hes the one who planned this.

Ian: So, we did just as much work.

(Travis is still standing there)

Daniel: Fine Ian, you can take my quarter. Now you two each have 8.50

Ian: No, cos now I look like a jerk.

Daniel: Well, what do you want?

Travis: (Points to the house.) Im gonna go.

(Travis walks away from the car, and the car pulls away, the two of them still bickering. He walks up to the door and scratches head. He then does a special knock on the door. After a moment it opens to reveal a drug dealer. He lets Travis in.)

Travis: Boy, you guys really had to downgrade.

(He looks around to see a couple of guys cutting up and measuring cocaine. There are a couple bricks of coke scattered through the house)

Dealer: Cokes not moving now a days like it used to. Meths the now fad apparently.

Travis: Really? Meth... Classy.

Dealer: Why are you here?

Travis: Im here to see him. Im in trouble again. I shot this guy while robbing a diner.

Dealer: S**t, again? Who?

Travis: I don't know, he was the cashier.

Dealer: Were you with anybody?

Travis: Yeah, two kids.

Dealer: How old?

Travis: Both 18, I think. They just got outta school.

Dealer: Whatre their names?

Travis: Ummm... Ian Edwards, and Daniel Contreras

Dealer:Hold on a second.

(THe dealer walks to the back of the house. Keep focus on Travis as he looks for a place to sit. He sits idle for a couple seconds until the dealer comes back.)

Dealer: He'll see you now.

(Travis goes into a room in the back of the house. While in the back room, the camera never reveals who hes talking to, instead opting for shots around the room.)

Travis: (Now in the room) Thank you for seeing me. I shot someone again.

Person: I know. And I'll help you out, but this is the last time. You owe me.

Travis: I know. Thank you. What are you going to do?

Person: Dont worry about it. Just stay underground for the next couple of weeks. I'll handle the rest.

(Fade to black. Title shot biznitch.)







Scene 1

Setting: Smokey Bones Resturant

(Pan shot of Smokey Bones exterior and parking lot. Some time later than the intro. Follow two men as they walk inside)

Dan: I can't even believe this happened.

Jon: What kind of monster would do something like this?

(They stop and wait to be seated. Sweep shot through the resturant to see Ian and Daniel. Daniel notices them.)

Daniel: Hey, isnt that the guy. (Nonchalauntly points at the men.)

Ian: (Looks for a second.) Yeah, whys he here? You think he knows?

Daniel: I dont think so. I mean, how could he? I just wanna know who that guy is hes with.

(Sweep shot back to the men, who are now getting seated)

Hostess: your server will be with you shortly. (Hands them menus)

Jon: Thanks... When was the last time you sw him?

Dan: I dropped him off at school, and by the time I got home from getting groceries he was gone.

Jon: Are you sure he got kidnapped. Maybe he ran away?

Dan: No, when I got home they called me.

Jon: Who? The kidnappers?

Dan: Yeah.

Jon: Whatd they say?

Dan: I wrote down most of it. (Pulls out a piece of paper.)

(As he does, sweep shot back to Ian and Daniel)

Ian: S**t, this isnt good.

Daniel: Relax, your looking suspicious

(Jon glances at the two.)

Ian: Stop staring.

Daniel: You

Ian: For real, stop staring.

(Sweep shot back to the men)

Jon: Theres gotta be some other way to get the money?

Dan: No. (Points at the piece of paper) I need to sell again. They want 500 grand and a ist of my suppliers and people who buy from me. If they dont get it in a week, theyll kill him, they said.

Jon: Man, how long has it been since you sold last.

Dan: I dont know... 13 years. Thats why I asked you to come out, for your help.

(Sweep shot back to the boys. Ian looks jittery)

Ian: Come on, hurry up. Lets get outta here before we get whacked.

Daniel: Oh, are you uncomfortable? Because I was uncomfortable when you made me get in the car with that psychopath

Ian: He said there werent any bullets in the gun, and we were gonna get paid.

Daniel: Well, there were, and we didnt, and now were in this situation.

Ian: Umm, what are you talking about. That 8.50 is paying for your meal.

Daniel: Yeah, and were still 2 dollars short. The prices here are outrageous.

Ian: Well, can you hurry the f**k up with those potato skins?

Daniel: (Looks at Ian for a couple seconds blankly) How were the mushrooms?

Ian: Really f****n good, now can we get outta here?

Daniel: You know what? (Look at his plate)... I lost my appetite. (Pushes the plate away.)

Ian: Thank God.

(The two boys put some money on thae table, and get up to leave. As they do, they pass the two mens table. Jon looks at them in passing. The two boys walk out. A couple seconds after they do a waitress walks by with their check to their table. Focus on the two men)

Jon: So, do you have any idea who could have done it?

Dan: No, not yet.

Jon: (His stomach starts to rumble. He puts his hand over it, as if in pain) Im gonna go to the little boys room for a second.

Waitress: (In the distance, cleaning Ian and Daniels table) A******s

(Jon gets up to go to the bathroom. Daniel is in seep thought, looking out the window. Close up and dissolve on his face)






Scene 2

Setting: Some bar/ Funeral parlor

(Dissolve in and back out of Dans face, now about 20 years younger. Hes laughing and having a good time at a bar a friend.)

Dan: Im telling you man. Me, you, and the rockwell brothers. We can be big.

Alex: Im not sure if you know this, but I dont play an instrument.

Dan: Oh, that doesnt matter. Its all about image.

Alex: (Laughing) What the hell are you talking about?

Dan: Its like this, look. Poison, can they play their instruments? Hell no, and what about Motley Crue?

Alex: Aww, I loooooooove Motley Crue.

Dan: I know, theyre f****n awesome, but, can they play? I dont think so. And dont even get me started on the Sex Pistols.

Alex: Yeah, but all those are hair metal bands.

Dan: How the hell are the Sex Pistols hair metal?

Alex: Close enough. Anyways, I dont have the time and I really dont care.

Dan: Thats the beauty of it. Grunge, man, grunge is where its at. No one care. I mean, look at Kurt Cobain. Does he look ready to blow to you?

Alex: Huh? I don't know man, Im a fan of showering.

Dan: All we have to do is put on some flannel, grow some stubble (rubs his chin), and boom! Were in. I even have a name... Spoonful of Happiness.

Alex: But we still have to play alittle bit.

Dan: Let me tell you a story. Its about a man named Sid ViciousHe was a bassist. He was so horrible at bass, his band had to unplug him at concerts, and he never recorded.

Alex: I see, I see.

Dan: He got addicted to heroin.

Alex: Oh.

Dan: His girlfriend got addicted too.

Alex: Okay. (Looks alittle concerned)

Dan: He stabbed her to death.

Alex: (An astound look on his face)

Dan: And then he OD'd. Now he lives forever in rock infamy.

(Alex is speachless with a puzzled look on his face. Just then, a visibly irritated man walks up and pushes Dan from the back. Dan turns around)

Dan: Hey, man, whats your problem?

Guy: You are, a*s clown!

Dan: Me? Whatd I do?

Guy: Dont act like you dont know. You know her? (Points to a girl in the bar)

Dan: Yeah, so?

Guy: Word around the bar is that you slept with her.

Dan: Yeah, so?

Guy: So... Shes my girlfriend dickwad!

Dan: (Looks puzzled) She told me she was single.

(The Guy c***s his arm back, but before he can hit Dan, Alex cold c***s him. The Guy falls and staggers back up, and knees Alex in the balls. He then tackles Dan to the floor and starts wailing on him. Eventually, Alex gets up and kicks the guy off of Dan. Dan, now furious, and with a bloody nose, starts wailing on the guy. After a bit, Alex makes him get off. The guy gets up on his hands and knees and starts to spit blood. His girlfriend goes over to aid him, but he pushes her away. He eventually gets to his feet and wipes some blood off of his mouth. He begins to walk out)

Guy: Dont think this is over!

(He runs out. Soon after, his girlfriend does. Cut to Dan. Someone hands him a paper towel for his nose. A bartender comes up to him with a phone)

Bartender: Its for you.

Dan: (Takes phone) Hello?... Yeah, what happened?

(Cut to Dan and Alex at a funeral. Dan walks outside. Alex follows)

Dan: (Puts a cigarette to his mouth. He dips his hand in his pockets) S**t.

Alex: (Pulls out a lighter and light his cigarette) I got you.

Dan: Thanks. (Takes a deep drag and slowly breathes out)

(They stand silent for a moment. Dan is in deep thought, while Alex is visibly feeling akward. Alex begins to speak)

Alex: Did they determine what killed him?

Dan: Well, he was deffinantly shot. (Takes a drag) The police say it was a drive by, but I know it was a deal gone wrong.

Alex: Yeah, but that was you dad. The most powerful drug lord in town, yet humble enough to make his own deals.

Dan: Stupid enough...

Alex: Im sorry man. (Puts his hand on Dans back) He was like my father too. If theres anything I can do, just ask.

Dan: Thanks.

(People start to flood out of the funeral.)

Alex: So, I guess your gonna be taking over the business then?

Dan: Looks like it.

(Out of the flood of people, a man heads over to them. Alex notices him)

Alex: Hey! (Shakes his hand) Dan, this is Jon, he started working for your dad a couple months ago.

(Jon waves to Dan. Dissolve from young Jon waving to present day Jon snapping his fingers in front of Dans face)

Jon: Hey. Hey, you alright?

Dan: (Blinks acouple times, as if coming out of a trance) Yeah, just thinking.

Jon: Dude, you were staring through me for about 20 minutes. What were you thinking about?

Dan: I think I know who it could be.







Scene 3

Setting: Abandoned Warehouse


(Car pulls up to the warehouse. Ian and Daniel get out of the car. Daniel is holding a Mcdonalds bag. They begin to walk in.)

Daniel: You think he likes this?

Ian: What is he, 10? Im pretty sure he likes McDonalds. It probably wasnt the best idea to leave him alone though.

(They enter the warehouse.)

Daniel: Eh, he should be alright.

Ian: I just think it was too big a coincidence his dad was there. Oh yea, weve got to get gas tomorrow. Remind me.

Daniel: Okay, but youd think hed pay us some attention if he knew anything, or at least follow us. The other guy looked at us though.

(Cut to inside Jonnies room/cell. He is tied up to a chair and bound to it by duct tape. Taped to his hand is a remote control, and across from him is a TV. Seinfeld is on. The door begins to open, and and Ian and Daniel peak in.)

Daniel: Hey, buddy. (Lifts bag) I got some McDonalds.

Jonny: I dont eat fast food.

Ian: What do you mean you dont eat fast food, youre 10 years old? It came with a toy, your not even gonna take the toy?

Jonny: (Ponders) What toy?

Daniel: (Pulls something out of a bag) A carebear.

Jonny: (Looks at him for a second) Fine, now can you untie me?

Daniel: Yeah.

(Daniel puts down the carebear and bag, and he and Ian begin to untape his hands from the cair.)

Jonny: (As they untape him) Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Ian: Sorry

(They finish untaping him and Daniel hands him the McDonalds bag. Jonny reluctantly tales it and looks inside. He takes out the burger and unwraps it. He looks unimpressed.)

Ian: What? Is something wrong?

Jonny: (looks at the burger, then Ian.) I dont like ketchup.

Ian: Well, scrape it off.

Daniel: We could go back, I mean, wed have to tape you and untape you again, but whatever.

Jonny: (Looks at burger.) Ill choke it down. (He reluctantly takes a nibble of the burger.)

Ian: Good job. (He and Daniel applaud him.)

Jonny: (After choking down the 1st bite) Why am I here? What do you want with me?

(Ian and Daniel look at each other for a second.)

Ian: Uhhhhhhh... Bedtime. Nighty night. (He and Daniel begin to walk out swiftly.)

Jonny: Hey! Wait a minute... I dont have a bed. Or a pillow. Or a blanket.

(Ian and Daniel have a side conversation where you can tell theyre talking, but dint know what theyre saying. After theyre done, Ian walks away and Daniel walks back in the door behind him. He walks twoard Jonny.)

Daniel: Ianll be back in a bit. He went out to get some things. (He sits next to Jonny on the floor.)

(Jonny just sits there silent, looking at his hardly eaten burger. He pushes it away.)

Daniel: You play any sports?

(Jonny doesnt look at him, but he shakes his head yes.)

Daniel: Oh cool... What do you play?

Jonny: (Looks up at Daniel.)Why did you take me?

Daniel: (Looking slightly startled.)... (sighs) Apparently, your dad did something to make someone angry a while ago.

Jonny: Whatd he do?

Daniel: I dont know.

Jonny: Whos he make angry?

Daniel: I dont know.

Jonny: Are you gonna kill me?

Daniel: No... No, Im not.

Jonny: (A brief pause) That doesnt sound like my dad.

Daniel: To make someone angry like that. Why did he make you do it, why not himself?

Daniel: We did something bad, and the guy who told us to this is threatening to turn us in to the cops if we dont.

Jonny: Whats you do?

Daniel: Nothing. Well, at least not what hes saying. What happened was we, me, Ian, and another guy were robbing this diner. Everything was going smooth til the other guy, a complete mad man, shot the cashier. I dont know how the guy found out, but he did, and he found us.

Jonny: So hes blackmailing you.

Daniel: Yeah, pretty much.

Jonny: Whyd you rob the diner?

Daniel: I dont know, we were stupid, and bored. One day, me and Ian were sitting at the diner, when the guy came up to us. Next thing we know, were in a car with him ready to rob it.

(A brief pause. Daniel grabs the remote and begins to flip the TV, to find only static.)

Daniel: I forgot... No cable.

(Jonny shakes his head.)

Daniel: (Looks around.) Im actually surprised the electricity works in this place. The guy must own it.

Jonny: The guy that told you to kidnap me?

Daniel: Yeah. (He flips it back to the DVD of Seinfeld. They watch for about a minute.)

Jonny: My dad likes this show.

Daniel: Its a good show. Whats your dad do? Like, for money?

Jonny: I dont really know. We got alot of it though. He says he got lucky investing in Microsoft back in the 90s, and since then, he hasnt done much. He doesnt really care about money much anymore.

Daniel: Lucky him.

Jonny: Yeah, but he doesnt care about me either, if he did he wouldve found me.

Daniel: What? No...

(Just then Ian walks in. His hands are full. In one hand, hes holding an airmatress in a box with an electric pump, and in the other, a big comforter and a pillow.)

Ian: Okay, Im back... (He walks over to an outlet and opens the airmatress box.)

Daniel: Took you long enough.

Ian: (Sprawls out matress.) Well, I think I went pretty friggin fast. (He begins to blow up the matress. The pump makes a pretty obnoxious noise for a minute or two until its pumped up fully.)

Daniel: Whered you go?

Ian: (Throws a pillow and blanket on matress and looks at Daniel.) Wal-mart.

Daniel: Of course, of course.

(A brief pause.)

Ian: Well, I think its time for some shuteye. (To Jonny)  See you in the morning. If you need anything, well be here.

(Jonny just sits there silent. Ian walks out and Daniel begins to, but turns back around and kneels next to Jonny.)

Daniel: Your dad care about you. Im sure hes doing all he can to get you back now. (He begins to walk out.) Goodnight. (He turns off the light.)








Scene 4

Setting: Dans house

(Cut to Dan behind a computer screen. With one hand he is holding a phone, and with the other he is typing. Jon is pacing back and forth in the background, talking on the phone.)

Dan: (On the phone) Listen, I can get you the money, dont worry about the money, I just need the key by tomorrow. Can you do that? WHAT?!... No, not you, just something on the computer... Dont worry about it, can you do that?... (He begins to write on a piece of paper)... Okay, good, thanks. Ill see you tomorrow then... Kay, see ya. (Hangs up.)

(Pan to Jon, still on the phone.)

Jon: Haha, yeah man. How much you want?... Two grams?! Dude, to get a decent high you need at least four. I mean, dont get me wrong, this is some good s**t... Are you gonna be alone?... (Dan hand him the paper.)

Dan: Call these

Jon: (Takes the paper and nods his head.) Come on, four grams for for people?... They dont? So your gonna get high alone... Ill tell you what, since your a prefered customer, Ill charge the first four grams regular, but any after 10 dollars off... Yeah, just for you bro... Okay, 10 grams then... Thatll be... (Picks up a calculator)... 540... Alright, well come by later... Haha, alright, one love, bye. (Hangs up)

(Dan is reading something on the computer. Jon is dialing a number.)

Jon: Stop looking at gay porn. Shouldnt you be getting more to sell?

Dan: (Looking at computer still) Look at this. (Jon walks over)

(Show article on the computer. Its about the death of the first suspect)

Jon: S**t, back to square one.

(Dan looks distraught. He eventually rubs his face and lights up a cigarette)

Dan: Wait a second, the year I got out of the game. I made someone pretty mad.

Jon: Yeah? Who?

Dan: Uh... Joe something... Lionhart. Joe Lionhart. You remember him? (Takes a drag)

Jon: Yeah. I remember he had that hot girlfriend who died.

Dan:Thats him.

Jon: Yeah, she ODd right?

(Dan nods his head yes)

Jon: S**t, nooooo...

(Dan nods his head yes)

Jon: You sold em bad s**t?

Dan: Hell no. They were good. I tried them before I sold it.

Jon: Too good apparently.

Dan: Man, he ended up goin to jail for murder.

Jon: Murder?

Dan: Yeah. She never tried coke before, and he didnt want to get high alone. I think he slipped it in her drink or something. She ODd, and he got hauled off.

Jon: Whyd he be mad at you, he did it?

Dan: You know how he was, always passing the blame to someone else.

Jon: (Ponders) No.

Dan: Well... He does.

(Just then, a knock comes at the door. They look out the window to see its a cop)

Dan: (Under his breath) S**t! Hide.

(Jon and Dan frantically begin to hide the bricks of coke around the house. The knocking gets louder. Dan throws his cigarette butt away and walks twoard the door. He opens it)

Dan: Hello?

Cop: Hello, is this the residence of a Mr. Daniel Contreras?

Dan: It is.

Cop: Are you Daniel Contreras?

Dan: I am.

Cop: Mr. Contreras, is it alright if I step in for a moment?

Dan: Uhhh... Go ahead. (Steps aside. The cop walks in)

Cop: Thank you. (He glances around the house)

Cop: You have a 10 year old son, is that correct?

Dan: Yes, why, is he alright?

Cop: I hope. When was the last time you saw him?

Dan: Uh,  two days ago. I dropped him off at school, and I havent seen him since. Is he alright?

Cop: Well, we got a report from a little girl today who claims she saw him getting taken two days ago. Are you aware of this?

Dan: No. Its a weekend, I assumed he was with a friend.

Cop: You assumed he was with a friend for two days without a call or anything?

Dan: I had assumed that he called his mother. She usually takes care of those types of things. Who is this girl again?

Cop: Her names Klarrisa James. She goes to school with him.

Dan: And she said he got kidnapped?

Cop: Yeah, thats what she said. She said Jonny was walking her home. She went inside and through the window, saw two guys grab him and force him into a car. You never know though. But if this sort of thing is reported we have to check in with the parents. (He steps in the kitchen and notices a bag of flour and a cut up plastic bag next to a scale) Do you like to bake, Mr. Contreras?

Dan: (Looks surprised when he sees it) No, but my wife does.

Cop: And where is she?

Dan: Work.

Cop: What does she do?

Dan: Shes an architect. Do you have any idea where my son could be?

Cop: Thats why I came here, to question you. (Brief pause. He begins to walk twoard the front door) Well, I think I overstayed my welcome. Im sorry about your son, were doing our best to find him. Let us know if you hear anything. (Now he is outside the front door)

Dan: I will.

(The cop walks to his car and pulls away. Dan closes the door and walks to the back room)

Dan: S**t Jon, what the hell?!

(Jon comes out from the bathroom)

Jon: What? What the f**k did I do?

Dan: That! (Points to the kitchen)

Jon: Oh, come on, he didnt know. Why didnt you tell them you knew ke was kidnapped?

Dan: Cos if I did, then Id have to show them the note, and hed know I was selling drugs, then the kitchen would be even more obvious, then Id have cops crawling around the house finding the cocain, and wed be in jail!

Jon: Just say you lost the note.

Dan: Oh.


















Scene 5

Setting: Warehouse


(Cut to a hazy dreamlike camera. Show various shots of the Intro diner robbery from wierd camera angles. Sometimes slowed down, sometimes sped up. Show Ian, Daniel, and Travis in the car, Daniel and Travis getting out and running in, Daniel punching the guy, taking the money, and Travis shooting the guy. Cut to Ian and Daniel waiting in a parking garage, still hazy camera angle, but not slowed down or sped up. A car with tinted windows comes up, and someone rolls down the window a bit and hands them an envelope. The car pulls away. After the car is gone, Ian opens it. In the envelope is a picture of Dan and Jonny with a piece of paper where only dates are made clear. Cut to Daniel and Ian kidnappng jonny, and Jonny lets out a loud echoy scream. Cut to Ian waking up in the warehouse. He looks around to see Daniel sleeping a few feet away from him in a sleeping bag. He looks around when a knock comes at the door next to him. Ian rubs his eyes. He gets up, unlocks it, and opens it to real its Jonny)

Jonny: I have to pee.

Ian: (Stretches his arms) Okay... (Yawns) Lets go.

(He turns around and Jonny follows him.)

Jonny: What time is it?

Ian: (Gets out his phone) Ummm... 4:23

(They walk outside to a tree)

Ian: This good?

Jonny: Yeah

(Jonny goes to the tree and begins to unbutton, Ian comes up next to him and does the same. Jonny looks at him akwardly and moves to the the other side of the tree, when he does, he notices open land. As Ian begins peeing, Jonny takes off running, catching Ian by surprise)

Ian: (Trying to run after him with his pants around his knees) S**t! S**t! S**t! S**t!

(Ian pulls his pants up, runs, and gets his phone out, he begins to dial)

Ian: (While running) Daniel!... Hes runny away... Twoards the park... Meet me there. (Hangs up)

(Show Ian chasing Jonny for a bit. Around 2 minutes go by when Jonny runs by a playground, almost crosses the street, but is cut off by Daniel. Daniel grabs him. Ian catches up. They begin to walk back. Ian is visibly out of breath)

Ian: Oh, thank God.

Daniel: I have to admit, it was a good try.

(Jonny remains silent)

Ian: So fast... Hes so fast.

Daniel: We dont wanna be here just as much as you dont, Jonny. Our higher up said that if this sort of thing were to happen that we had to break your legs. Is that what you want?... Well let you off with a warning this time. We dont want to hurt you, Jonny. But we dont want to get hurt ethier.

(Jonny is still silent. They walk up to the door of the ware house. Ian reaches for it)

Ian: AHHH!!!

Daniel: What?!

Ian: (Points at the door) Spider!!!

(Daniel looks at the door)

Ian: Kill it, kill it, kill it, kill it, kill it, kill it, kill it!

(Daniel swipes it away, opens they door and he and Jonny walk inside. Ian cautiously follows. When inside they stand outside of Jonnys room)

Daniel: Maybe I should stay with him tonight?

Ian: No, I will.

Daniel: Ooooookay.

(Ian and Jonny go into the room and close the door behind them. Daniel locks it and lays down.)


























Scene 6

Setting: Klarissas house/ Stevies house

(Cut to Dan and Jon on a doorstep. Jon is smoking a cigarette while Dan knocks on the door. The door opens to reveal a woman. Jon flicks the cigarette away)

Klarissas Mom: Hello?

Dan: Hello, are you Klarissas mom?

Klarissas mom: Yes.

Dan: Im Daniel Contreras, Jonnys dad. The police came to my house yesterday and said that Klarissa saw two kidnappers take my son. Is it alright if I talk to her for a second?

Klarissas Mom: Well, I suppose. (She steps aside and lets them in)

Dan: Thank you. (Points to Jon) THis is my friend Jon. Hes helping me find my son.

Jon: (Akward wave) Hey.

Klarissas Mom: Nice to meet you. (Turns to the stairs in the house) Klarissa! Come here!

Klarissa: (From upstairs) What mom!?

Klarissas Mom: Jonnys dad is here! He wants to talk to you for a second!

(Klarrisas mom turns to them and smiles. They both are sitting on the couch now)

Klarrisas: Ugh! Okay! (She comes down the stairs into the living room)

Klarrisa: Hi

Dan: Hello. Im Jonnys dad, (Points to Jon, who akwardly waves) this is my friend Jon. Youve seen my son getting taken, right?

Klarissa: Yeah

Dan: And there were two men who took him?

Klarissa: Yeah

Dan: Whatd they look like?

Klarissa: Well, they both wore ski masks, and the tall one wore a black shirt that said Perkins wrestling on it, and the other wore a blue Beatles shirt.

Dan: What skin color were they?

Klarissa: Ummm... Both white.

Dan: What kind of car did they drive?

Klarrisa: Uhhh, a silver van.

Dan: How old did it look?

Klarrisa: Not very. Newer Id say.

Dan: You said one wore a Perkins wrestling shirt, how old did they look?

Klarissa: Ummm... I dont know. Anywhere from 16 to 20?

Dan: So younger than me and my friend?

Klarissa: Yeah, deffinantly.

Dan: Hmmm... Thank you. (He extends his hand to her, and she lightly shakes it. They begin to walk out.)

Klarrisas Mom: I hope you find him!

Dan: (As he gets to the car) Yeah, thank you... Me too.

(They get in their truck and drive off. Cut scene to a little bit later, them still in the truck. There are bags of flour in the back)

Dan: S**t, this makes no sense, teenagers?

Jon: I know, what would they want?

Dan: Why do they want me to sell to get the money? That cant be the bottom of it.

Jon: You mean theyre working for someone?

Dan: They must be. I dont see how theyd know so much about me if they didnt.

Jon: Yeah

Dan: Wait, (Looks out his window at a house) This the place?

Jon: Yeah

(They pull in the driveway, and begin to get out)

Dan: Alright, how many bags?

Jon: Uh, two, I think.

(Dan pulls two bags up and goes to the door. He rings the bell. A man answers)

Jon: Delivery!

Stevey: Hey! Jon boy! Dan, wow! Havent seen you in while, come in.

(The two go in and have a seat on the couch)

Stevey: Wow! Dan, whatve you been up to, huh?

Dan: Nothin much man, invested alot in Microsoft awhile ago, that turned out good.

Stevey: Aww, you lucky son of a b***h. What brings you back to selling?

Dan: Well, my son got kidnapped and I need to get some money quick.

Stevey: Hahaha, good one.

(Dan gives him a blank expression)

Stevey: S**t, you for real?

Dan: Yeah, unfortunatly. You said you wanded two bags?

Stevey: Uhh, yeah.

Jon: Damn, you should be set for awile.

Stevey: Actually, Im havin a get together shortly. Everyone pooled their money to me to get the goods, you know.

Dan: Aright, thats 40,000.

Stevey: You take credit card? Haha, no, Im just playin (He goes to the back room of the house and returns with some money. He counts it to 40,000 and gives it to Dan) There you go. Now this is good s**t, right?

Dan: Yeah, man, test it.

(He opens a bag, dips a finger in, and rubs some powder on his gums. He looks satisfied)

Stevey: Okay. (Dan and Jon begin begin to walk out) See ya later, Jon.

Jon: See ya Stevey!

Stevey: I hope you find your son Dan. See ya.

Dan: Thanks. Later.

(The two get in the truck)

Dan: I just wonder if hes alright, what hes doing?



































Scene 7

Setting: Warehouse

(Cut to Ian and Jonny playing Xbox in Jonnys room)

Ian: (Picks up some games) Okay, we got Halo, Call of Duty, Madden, Gears of War...

Jonny: Ugh, I hate shoot em up games. Especially Gears of War.

Ian: Yeah, a friend told me to get it.

(Jonny points to the door.)

Ian: Wha? Oh, no. That d********g likes the PS3 better.

Jonny: I have both.

Ian: Lucky you.

Jonny: Yeah.

(Akward silence.)

Ian: Okay, sooooooooooo... Gears of War, NBA 2K11, Left 4 Dead 2, Fifa 10

Jonny: Fifa.

Ian: Fifa it is, you like soccer?

Jonny: Yep

Ian: Cool, you play? (He takes disc out of the case)

Jonny: Yep

Ian: What position?

Jonny: Striker, mostly?

Ian: Cool, I played defender.

Jonny: Yeah, soccer the only thing me and my dad have in common, really.

Ian: He play too?

Jonny: Yeah, striker too.

Ian: So you guys must be pretty fast.

Jonny: Weve been told a couple times.

Ian: Well, that makes sense.

Jonny: What does?

Ian: Being fast. (Puts disc in Xbox) So, you and your dad dont get along?

Jonny: I guess we do, its not like we hate each other or anything. Its just that we like different things, you know?

Ian: Yeah, I kinda have the same thing going on with my mom. So what do you like that he doesnt?

Jonny: Well, for one, he likes Obama and I liked McCain.

Ian: Haha, your only 10, why do you care?

Jonny: So, I can still have an opinion.

Ian: Yeah, I liked McCain too...

Jonny: And music, we like different music.

Ian: Oh, what kind of music do you like?

Jonny; Eh, Slipknot, Bring Me the Horizon, Devil Wears Prada. That sort of thing.

Ian: Oh, whats your dad like?

Jonny: Stuff like... I dont know, alot. Just everything I dont like.

Ian: I have to say, Im not really a fan of metal. You can like it. Its just not for me.

Jonny: Well. you can go screw yourself. (He laughs jokingly)

Ian: Ha/ I like some stuff, like Still Fly from Devil wears Prada, I can tolerate some Slipknot, I guess. I dont know who Bring Me the Horizon is.

Jonny: They do that song Chelsea Smile.

Ian: Never heard of it.

Jonny: Oh.

Ian: So you like heavy metal then?

Jonny: Yeah, mostly.

Ian: You like Metallica?

Jonny: Eh, not really, some stuff like the song One.

Ian: Yeah, that song is freaking awesome. Everything after that is garbage though.

Jonny: I know...

(THey are in the middle of playing the game now.)

Jonny: So what do you like?

Ian: Umm, I listen to pretty much anything.

Jonny: If you had to pick a favorite band what would it be?

Ian: Hmmm... Im gonna go with Blink 182.

Jonny: Theyre good. I like Travis Barker.

Ian: Me too, I named my cat after him.

Jonny: Cool.

Ian: you like rap?

Jonny: Eh, not really, you?

Ian: I do, old mostly. I can tolerate new stuff if its on.

Jonn: I do like Eminem though.

Ian: Aw, I loooove Eminem. You listen to his new CD yet?

Jonny: No, I want to though. It good?

Ian: Yeah, the more I listen to it the more I like it.

Jonny: (Puts controller down) Im tired.

Ian: Me too. Hold on a second. Dont you go running off on me. (He exits the room, and re-enters with a blnket and pillow.)

Ian: Night night.













Scene 8

Setting: Steveys house/ meeting room

(Jon and Dan are in the car, about to leave, when Stevey comes running out of the house)

Stevey: (Running) Wait wait wait wait hey wait wait!!!

(Hes at the car)

Dan: Yes, Stevey?

Stevey: (Looks at him for a second) S**t, I forgot what I was gonna say.

Dan: (Puts car in reverse) Okay, call me when you figure it out.

Stevey: Wait wait wait! I got it. Remember awhile ago when...

(As he taks, the scene slowly dissolves into another as Stevey narrates. Cut to a room with a big table. Dan is at the end, and Jon is to his right, and Alex his left. There are several other people there, including Stevey)

Stevey: (Narration)... When you had that big meeting.

Dan: (Sigh) Alright, Ive called you all here because... Well, because Im leaving.

Random Drug Dealer: What?! Leaving?!

Dan: Yes, Im leaving. I need a new life. (Points at his finger) Im married now. Ive got a baby on the way. I dont want to raise a child in this sort of enviornment. I need to get out.

(Some people in the back get mad, stand up, and pound the table. They are muted under Steveys naration.)

Stevey: (Narration) The older dealers got pissed cos they were worried about their investments in you being protected

Dan: Its aright, calm down. Just because Im gone doesnt mean that youve lost all your money. I have a replacement. An heir.

Older dealer: An heir? Who?

(Jon jocels around in his seat. Alex remains calm)

Dan: Everything Ive got, and all your investments, Ive decided, will be given to Alex.

Jon: (Jumps out of his seat) What?! What the f**k is this, Dan? I thought we were cool.

Dan: We are, Jon.

Stevey: (Narration) You got a little upset, but Dan took you outside for a couple minutes.

(Close up on Jons face, present time, in the car. As stevey talks, it makes Jon think. Close up and dissolve on his face. Fade into the hallway outside of the meeting room. Jon and Dan enter, Jon looking irritated)

Jon: What the hell, man? Why are you giving it all to him?

Dan: Im doing you a favor, Jon.

Jon: You aint doing me a favor.

Dan: Im getting out of the game. I wanted you to come with me. (Points to the door) That s**t isnt any way to live.

Jon: Thats easy for you to say. Not everyone is as lucky as you, Dan.

Dan: You can still get out of this. Alex has been in it as long as Ive known him. Hes trapped. I dont want the same for you.

Jon: Yeah, but Im the best dealer you know. Im good for it. You know that, and they know that.

Dan: Jon, your my best friend, I want better for you! You dont need to be doing this...

(Jon pauses for a moment. He rubs his head)

Jon: I know...but you have a ticket out. I dont. I just want you to see that.

Dan: (Sigh) Listen, after this whole situation is dealt with, me and you are gonna team up, maybe form that band. Well get your ticket out.

(Dan lifts his hand up for a high five, and Jon reluctantly slaps his hand)

Jon: Alright man, me and you.

(They walk back in the meeting room. Dissolve back out to Jons face present time, in the car. He looks disappointed.)

Stevey: After you gave it to Alex, he didnt do too good. Every deal he made seem to fall through, you know. And your once great empire, is now in shambles. Whens the last time you talked to Alex.

Dan: A while ago. Are you trying to say Alex kidnapped my son?

Stevey: All Im saying is, maybe he harbors some resentment cos you gave him a fragile empire, you know?

Dan: It wasnt fragile, the investments were there. The suppliers were there. Quite frankly, Its a wonder that he did manage to do that.

Jon: It makes sense to me.

Dan: Really? How?

Jon: You know how you said you were looking after me by not giving it to me. Maybe he felt mistreated. like you gave up on him. Im just saying. He couldve done it.

Dan: Well, lets go find him.

Jon: Wait... Im hungary

(Close up dramatic shot of Dan)

Setting: Dans house

(The two are sitting down smoking. Next to them is a bucket of KFC)

Jon: Whens the last time you talked to him again?

Dan: Ahh, man. Awhile ago. I kinda gave him the business and let him go, you know?

Jon: Yeah, that much is obvious... So, how are we gonna find him?

Dan: Well, for starters, lets call. (Pulls out his cell phone)

Jon: You have his number?

Dan: I do. It might be 15-20 years old, but I got it. Lets hope he hasnt switched phones... (He dials the number, and waits a few minutes to hear nothing)... Damn.

Jon: Nothin?

Dan: Yeah

Jon: Great now what are we supposed to do.

Dan: Well, we could go with old faithful... (Jon slowly nods his head in agreement)

(Cut to them going through a phone book.)

Jon: (Scrolling through the page) Ok, here he is...Alex... Wobb. (Dials the number. Hands it to Dan.) Here. Its ringing.

Dan: (Takes the phone. Waits a couple seconds. No answer.) Nothing.

Jon: Okay, now what?

Dan: His adress in there?

Jon: Ummm... Yeah.

Dan: Lets go pay him a visit. (He gets up. Jon remains seated)

Jon: Right now?

Dan: Yeah, right now.

Jon: Ugh. Come on dude, I just got comfortable.

Dan (Sticks out his hand to Jon) Lets go.

Jon: (Gets up) Fine.

























Scene 9

Setting: Warehouse/ Gas station

(Daniel is at Jonnys door knocking.)

Daniel: (Pounding) Wake up! Wake up!

Ian: (From inside the door) Okay, Daniel.Shut up!

(Cut to inside the room. Ian is laying still. Jonny also is.)

Daniel: Ian! Wake up! Its 11:30

Ian: Go... Away... Daniel!

(Ian finally gets up, looking disgruntled. He tries to wake Jonny by pushing him. Jonny doesnt move. Ian then hits him with a pilow. Jonny groans.)

Ian: Get up. Daniels being a d****e.

(Outside the door, Daniel is a few feet away talking on the phone.)

Daniel: (On phone) What? I dont know, man... Wait, wait wait, theres no need to be irrational. Just give me a half hour, Ill call you when its done, alright? Okay. (Hangs up. He goes to the door and knocks again.) You guys dressed yet? Were going to the gas station. Weve got to go.

(Jonny and Ian open the door and walk out)

Ian: Why do we got to go?

Daniel: Because our guy wants us to kill Jonny. Hes comin by tonight to pay us.

Jonny: What?! You guys are gonna kill me?

Ian: Hecks no we arnt.

Daniel: I wasnt lying when I said that before.

Ian: Okay Jonny, we can get you out of this, but you have to trust us, do you trust us?

Jonny: Not really.

Ian: Doesnt matter, lets go.

(The three get in the car. The pull out and about 100 yards down the road the car breaks down. Ian and Daniel get out of the car.

Daniel: (To Jonny) Stay here.

Ian: Daniel!

Daniel: What, Ian?

Ian: This is your fault!

Daniel: What? No it isnt!

Ian: Is too

Daniel: Is not

Ian: Is too

Daniel: Is not

Ian: Is too

Daniel: Is not

(Jonny looks at them in awe)

Ian: Is too

Daniel: Is not

Ian: Is too

Jonny: (From in the car) Oh my God! Shut up!

Daniel: (Under his breath) Is not

Jonny: You guys bicker all the time! Its like your a married old couple! I would be afraid that you guys would kill me, but you are too busy arguing to get anything accopmlished! Im gonna have to go with you guys cos I need to keep you on track. Now lets go! You doofuses!

Ian: Well, I never.

Jonny: Shut up, lets go... Where are we going?

Daniel: Umm. I think bp is the closest.

Jonny: NOOOOOOOOO! not those heartless jerks. Destroying our enviornment and such.

Daniel: okay shell it is.

(three of them walk down the road jonny leads them. when they get to the next street they take a left. On this road is where stevey, while eating a cheeseburger, spots them. He gets out of his car and follows them from a large distance still with his cheesburger. Stevey pulls out his cellphone and dials a number. You hear it ring a few times)

Stevey: Come on, Come on... Pick up.

(It rings a few more times and then you hear dans voicemail.... Stevey looks torn whether to follow them or not. But in the end he decides to follow them.)

(Next shot shows the boys going into a shell station. stevey goes in also a few seconds later.)

Jonny: (Very descreetly towards daniel.) I think that man is following us.

Daniel: (nonchalantly looking at stevey) Really? He looks like a harmless burnout to me.

Jonny: Dont look at him you idiot. I'll get ian and meet you outside.

Daniel: How do i know you are not going to run away.

Jonny: Because i trust you guys more then i trust this strange man. Whoever wanted you to kill me probably knows you wouldnt kill me so he got this guy to make sure you did your job.

Daniel: Alright but hurry up and try not to make a scene.

(jonny ignores the last comment and walks toward ian. daniel shakes his head and walks out the door.)

(ian is looking at the drinks when jonny walks up)

Jonny: Hey, daniel and i think the black guy over there by chips is following us.

(As ian turns around to look jonny says dont look right now... ian seems not to hear him and looks right at stevey. stevey is staring right at him. Ian looks back real quick.)

Ian: Okay hes looking right at us.

Jonny: I told you not to look.

Ian: You said it to late. I was already turning around.

Jonny: Whatever, lets just work our way to the door. Daniel is waiting for us outside.

(Ian is still looking at the energy drinks)

Jonny: Lets go.

(The two walk outside. After they meet up with Daniel and walk a little ways, Stevey walks out and follows them, about 30 yards behind. When the three turn the next corner, they start running. Daniels phone starts to vibrate. He looks at the ID to see its the guy. When Stevey turns the corner he doest see them and runs to look for them. Pan to behind the building next to where the boys were running. They run around it. They lost him. Daniels phone rings again. He answers it.)

Daniel: (Panting) H-h-hello?

Guy on phone: Why are you out of breath?

Daniel: Little brat ran away from us.

Guy on phone: What? You catch him?

Daniel: Oh yeah, we caught him.

Guy on phone: He dead?

Daniel: Yeah, as a doornail.

Guy on phone: Never make a lame joke in front of me again.

Daniel: Sorry.

Guy on phone: Meet me at the warehouse at 10:30. Make sure the body is there.

Daniel: Ten thirty. Got it. (Hangs up. Looks at Ian and Jonny.) S**t.















Scene 10

Setting: Dans house/car/ Alexs house

(Dan is outside in the car)

Dan: (To himself) Jon, hurry the f**k up. (Honks the horn)

(Jon runs out of the house and zips up his pants)

Jon: Sorry. Taco Bell. God those enchaladas.

(Jon gets in the car. Dan looks deep in thought. Or spaced out. Either one)

Jon: (Looks at him for a second, then waves his hand in front of his face) You gonna drive?

Dan: (Puts car in reverse) You got the address?

Jon: (Pulls out a sticky note) Yep.

(Dan doesnt respond. He continues driving.)

Jon: Penny for your thoughts.

Dan: Nah, its stupid.

Jon: Come on, tell me.

Dan: Noooooo

Jon: Come on

Dan: No

Jon: Please

Dan: NOOOOOOO!!!

Jon: Okay, fine.

(Akward silnce. Dan looks over at Jon)

Dan: I was just thinking about how bad the m.night version of avatar was. or as he would say oooovatar

Jon: I have no idea what your talking about.

Dan: Nevermind.

(Cut to them in a neighborhood. fairly good one. Jon is looking at the sticky note)

Jon: Alright, should be comin up. 318, 316, 314, Ok, this is it.

Dan: Okay, remember why were here. Stevey said that Alex was sick and were just here to check in. We dont tell them anything about Jonny being kidnapped. If they act akward, were gonna leave, go get Stevey and whoever else is still loyal to me, and get an admition out of him.

Jon: And if he confesses...

Dan: We get Jonny... And, I dont know.

(Cut to them walking up to the front door and ringing the doorbell. Wait a few seconds and a woman answers the door)

Jill: Hello?

Dan: Hello.

(Akward silence)

Jill: Can I help you?

Dan: Does Alex live here?

Jill: Yes. Do you need to see him?

Dan: Well, we just wanted to check in.

Jill: Hes not here.

Dan: Well, when he gets back, can you tell him Daniel and Jon stopped by?

Jill: Oh, Danny is that you, whats it been, like 20 years? Man, I didnt even recognize you Jon with that bald head. (Slaps the top of Jons head)

 Jon: I actually lost it all through chemotherapy...

Jill: (Looking stunned) Oh, Im sorry.

Jon: Nah, Im just f****n with ya.

Jill: You watch your mouth when your at my house.

(Akward silence)

Jill: Im just f****n with YOU! Come in, you guys hungary?

Dan: (As they walk in) No, we just had Taco Bell actually.

Jon: Aw, dont remind me. (Clutches his stomach)

(They go and sit down a couch)

Jill: So what brings you around here?

Dan: Well, you know Stevey?

Jill: Hmmm...

Dan: Whiteman?

Jill: Oh, yeah, what about him?

Dan: He said that Alex was real sick, I think he said Lou Gharigs.

Jill: (Looking confused) Lou Gharigs? Is that still around? No. Alex is fine. Thats wierd of Stevey to say that.

Jon: Yeah, we were pretty high at the time. Might of got his name confused.

Jill: (Still confused) Oh?

Dan: So where is Alex at?

Jill: Hes away on business.

Dan: Oh, where at?

Jill: Uhh... Chicago

Jon: The Windy City, nice.

Dan: Whats he doing in Chicago?

Jill: I dont know, he never tells me about his work.

Dan: Oh, when do you think hell get back?

Jill: Soon, I think. Should be a few days. He called me and said things are getting wrapped up.

Dan: (His phone rings. He ignores it) I gotta take this call. Ill only be a second.

Jill: Okay.

(Dan walks outside and answers the phone.)

Dan: Hello?

Stevey: Dan!?

Dan: Yeah, whats up?

Stevey: Took you long enough to answer.

Dan: Ive been busy today. Im actually in the middle of something now.

Stevey: Well your gonna want to hear this.

Dan: What?

Stevey: I think I saw Jonny today?

Dan: What? Where?

Stevey: He was with two teenagers outside of Shell.

Dan: The gas station?

Stevey: Yeah.

Dan: Is he alright?

Stevey: Yeah. It looked like he was leading them.

Dan: When was this?

Stevey: Uhh... About 12, maybe 12:15

Dan: Whatd you do when you saw them?

Stevey: I tried to follow them. But they caught on to me and lost me.

Dan: But hes alright?

Stevey: Yeah man, he looked fine.

Dan: Alright, Ill be over in a bit to talk more.

Stevey: Alright, Ill be here.

(Dan hangs up the phone and goes inside. Jon and Jill are akwardly just staring at different parts of the room, avoiding eye contact.)

Dan: Well, we just wanted to check in.  We should get goin.

Jill: Already?

Dan: Yeah, I gotta meet someone.

Jill: Oh, alright. Keep in touch.

Dan: (As he and Jon walk out) We will. See ya later.

Jon: ( As they walk to the car) Whyd you lie to her? We dont have to meet anybody

Dan: I didnt lie to her.

 Jon:Who do we have to meet?

Dan: Stevey.

Jon: Stevey? Why?

Dan: He saw Jonny today

Jon: What? When?

Dan: He said about 12:15 (They get in the car)

(Cut to inside of Steveys house. Steveys listening to Rockey Mountain High on repeat, watching HSN with a phone nearby. Hes making a paper airplane. There are a lot of them around the room. A ring comes at the door. Stevey gets up and answers it to find Daniel and Jon. Jon is texting)

Stevey: Hey (they come in)

Dan: Hey, I think we found the guy.

Stevey: Who?

Dan: Alex

Stevey: Alex? Why Alex?

Dan: You told us you thought he did it!

Jon: Is this f****n Rocky Mountain High?

Stevey: Hey, dont say s**t about John Denver. What he did to Tipper Gore laid down the foundation for generations of musicians. So you shut your mouth. N****s a hero.

(Jon gets out his phone and texts)

Dan: You have any idea where they could be? (As he finishes saying that his phone rings)




























Scene 11

Setting: The broke down car

( The three are just chilling there, talking)

Daniel: Okay, where should we go?

Ian: I dont know, one of our houses?

Daniel: No, ours parents think were at Church Camp remember? We cant just stroll in and say we got back early. I think we should go back to the warehouse. Plan what were gonna do.

Ian: No, its too risky to bring Jonny there alive. One of his guys could be there already.

Daniel: I dont think so. This is a dead end road and if anyone went to the warehouse they woulda passed us.

Ian: I dont know, Daniel. I just have an ominus feeling about the warehouse.

Jonny: Does anybody want to ask me my opinion?

Daniel: Jonny, enough shennanigans, we gotta figure out how to save your life.

Ian: Yeah Jonny, men are are talking

Jonny: What? Are you kidding me. What are you, 5 years older than me?

Daniel: Okay Jonny, what do you have to say?

Jonny: We could go to my house.

Daniel: Wheres that at?

Jonny: Beverly Hills.

Daniel:  What? By that intersection with Arbys?

Jonny: Yeah.

Ian: Noooooooooooo... Thats way to far to walk.

Jonny: Dont you have a gas can is your trunk or something?

Ian: No. Why, should I?

Jonny: Well, if you did we could transfer some gas to from Shell to the car.

Ia: well, we dont, so theres that for your input.

Daniel: Just stop talking. Well come up with the plans.

(Jonny kicks Daniel in the shin)

Daniel: Ow, what the hell! You b*****d.

Ian: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Lets back this bus up.

Jonny: What does that even mean?

Ian: Lets just think of a plan to save your... and our lives. Were getting too far off topic.

Daniel: (Rubbing his shin) I shouldve killed you.

Jonny: Shut up.

Ian: What time is it?

Daniel: (Pulls out his sexy new phone) 8:29

Ian: Okay, we got two hours.

Daniel: Im telling you, lets just go to...

Ian: (Interrupting him) Yea, yea, yea, the warehouse. Whatever. But if I die, I swear to god I will haunt you for the rest of your pathetic little life.

Daniel: Cool, lets go.

(They begin to walk back to the warehouse. Cut to them about to go in the warehouse. Ian notices something fishy.)

Ian: Did leave the door cracked?

Daniel: I dont know? Probly (Strolls in)






























Scene 12

Setting: Steveys house


(Dan is in the middle of a conversation on the phone)

Dan: 1216 Merriweather. I dont even know where that is?

Guy on phone: Its by that baseball field. Its a side street that has Johns Corner Bar on it.

Dan: Oh, now I know what your talking about. Yeah.

Guy on phone: 10:30. Bring the money if you want to see your kid alive again. (Hangs up)

Dan: I dont even have... (Looks at his phone) Damn.

Jon: What?

Dan: He hung up.

Jon: Whatd he say?

Dan: Be at the warehouse at 10:30... With the money.

Jon: What? We dont even have it.

Stevey: How much money? Maybe I can lend you a little bit.

Dan: About 400 thousand dollars now.

Stevey: Yeah, nevermind.

(Rocky Mountain High repeats again)

Jon: Why do you have this on repeat?

Stevey: I find it soothing. Hey, Im gonna go to the gas station for some cigarettes. You guys want anything?

Dan: No man, Im covered.

Jon: Yeah, Ill take some Marlboro Reds.  

Stevey: Marlboro Reds, got it. ( He exits through the door. Jon and Dan are alone now.)


































Scene 13

Setting: Warehouse

(The three are in the warehouse now.)

Daniel: See, I told you theres no-one here.

(Jonny kind of wanders off)

Ian: Yeah, whatever, now what are we gonna do?

Daniel: You know, now that were here, I think we should just split.

Ian: Split? Split where?

Daniel: I dont know, anywhere. Just not stay here and wait to die. Unless you have a good solution as to what we should do.

Ian: Hmmm... Nope. Not yet, but Ill think of something.

Daniel: Well, time isnt exactly on our side here.

Jonny: (Standing by the door) Uh... guys...

Daniel: What?

(They come to him, and look out the door to see Travis walking up, with a gun in his hand)

Ian: Oh s**t.










Scene 14

Setting: Steveys house

(Dan and Jon are still alone)

Dan: Lets just gather up what money we have in a duffle bag and hand it to them. When they reach for it. Shoot them before they can get a shot off, get Jonny, and go.

Jon: Thats a little dirty, dont you think?

Dan: So, they took my son, for no f*****g reason apparently.

Jon: I guess.

(As he says that Stevey walks in.)

Stevey: Hey. (Throws a pack of cigarettes at Jon)  Here you go.

Jon: (Catches them) These are the wrong cigarettes. I didnt want f*****g lights! (Hurls the pack at Stevey) Take them back!

Stevey: F**k you, Jon. They were out of Reds. Take em or leave em. (Throws them back at Jon)

Dan: Ill take them.

Jon: (Reluctantly) Ill take em

Dan: What time is it?

Jon: Uhh.. (Takes out phone) 9:42

Dan: S**t, we need to get going.

Stevey: You guys going to the warehouse?

Dan: No, well yeah, but were pickin up some money at my house first.

Stevey: Ill go with you guys... You know... For back up.

Dan: You dont have to man. I mean, it could get messy.

Stevey: Yeah, Im too involved now anyways.

Jon: Are you sure you want to do this, Stevey?

Stevey: Yeah.

Dan: Alright... Thanks.

Stevey: Lets go.

(The three of them get in Dans truck and head off.)


























Scene 15

Setting: Warehouse

(The three boys are still looking out the door)

Ian: Run?

Daniel Uh... Run.

(The boys run through the warehouse)

Daniel: (As theyre running) Wait, how do we know hes a bad guy?

(Travis enters, and shoots at them)

Daniel: S**t!

( A chase scene ensues. Eventually, the boys wind up getting outside. While outside)

Ian: (While running) Split up. Whoever he goes after. The other two get him from behind.

(Daniel and Jonny nod their heads. They split up and when Travis gets outside, sees Jonny, and decides to go after him. Daniel and Ian try to get behind him and sneak up on him, but end up getting rushed away due to Travis pointing the gun at them. Daniel runs behind the building and checks the time: 10:10. He goes inside the warehouse and finds a metal pipe. Soon, Ian runs in the warehouse, then Jonny, then Travis. As Travis enters, Daniel hits him on the head with the pipe. Travis falls to the ground. Fade to black)









Scene 16

Setting: The Warehouse

(Fade in to see Dans truck pull in. They get out.)

Dan: Okay. 10:28. Just keep cool. Let me do all the talking.

(They walk in to find an empty warehouse.)

Stevey: What the hell, theres no one here.

(They wander around for a bit. While they do so, pan camera to Jonnys room, where we see the Ian, Daniel and Travis. Ian is pointing the gun at Travis who is looking woozy.)

Daniel: Shh... I think someones here?

Ian: Who?

Daniel: I dont know, I cant tell. Let me go out there. Ian, give me the gun.

Ian: No, I need it for him. (Points at Travis)

Daniel: So you want me to go out there unarmed? Here, take the pipe. (Hands the pipe to him)

Ian: Oh my God, I hate you. (Exchange weapons) Be careful out there.

(Daniel nodds his head at him. He slowly exits himself out of the room.)

Daniel: Who are you guys?

(Daniel speaking startles the three men. They all het their guns out and draw down on Daniel.)

Dan: Who are you?

Daniel: Im just someone who wants to get out of this situation. (Lowers his gun and lays it on the floor) You?

Dan: Same. Where is my son?

Daniel: Hes safe.

( As he says that, in the blink of an eye, Ian gets thrown from his room to the big room theyre in. He lays still. Soon after, Travis runs out with the pipe and bashes Daniel in the head.)

Stevey: Those are the guys!

Dan: Whats going on here?!

(After he says that, Jon shoots Stevey in the chest)

Dan: Jon, what the fu... (As he says this, Travis hits him over the head with the pipe. Dan falls over. Fade to black)


(Fade back in with Dans POV, just coming to. In front of him is Jon, pacing. A few feet away is Travis standing still. Steveys body is in the shot.)

Jon: How do you measure success dan? I mean is it how much money you have, or how happy you are, or is it measured by how many people know you and respect you? I bet most people would say I ended up being pretty successful. Not anywhere close to the great DANIEL CONTRERAS, but I think I managed to do pretty good with no HAND OUTS. No HELP from a friend who promised they would do anything they could to get them out of the TERRIBLE life they led. The lies we tell. One minute you think a friend will have your back through thick and thin. The next were struggling with the knife he just placed in it. Why Alex, Dan? I could have made the empire so much more! Instead you decided to throw it away.

(Cut away shot so you can see Dan is tied to a chair. On his right and left are Daniel and Ian, also bound to chairs)

Jon: Now, why should I not kill you? So you can raise your son, whos dead? I guess we dont have to worry about that. (He takes out his cigarettes and lights one up. He doesnt look to happy, and throws the pack at Steveys body.) I asked for Reds! Not lights!

Dan: What, you killed my son! He didnt have anything to do with this. You shouldve killed me.

Jon: Your gonna die. Your just have to wait your turn. (Looks at Daniel, and draws down on him)

(Just then, Jon gets hit in the head with a rock. He  turns to see Jonny at the door)

Jonny: Hey fucktard!

(As Travis and Jons heads are turned. Dan charges at Jon, while Ian and Daniel charge at Travis. Travis, though before getting tackled, has time to fire one shot at Daniel, that hits him in the stomach. In the background you see Jonny go to his room)

Ian: Daniel NO!!!!!!! (He then persues to tackle Travis to the ground. From the force of the hit, Travis dropps the gun. lan gets a couple good hits in before getting rolled over and punched. Ian flings him off.)

(Travis lands near his gun, picks it up, and shoots Ian in the neck. Ian falls over dead. Meanwhile, Dan and Jon are fighting. It ends with Dan and Jon struggling over a gun. Jon ends up getting the gun and shooting Dan in the head. Jon then gets up. Looks at Travis)

Jon: Wow. That worked out. Lets just find this brat and be done with it.

(Jon walks forward a couple steps. Travis stays backs and shoots Jon in the back/ head. He picks up the duffle bag. And heads twoards the door. When he gets to the door, but turns around to see Jonny at his rooms door. Travis looks him in the eye, then walks out. Credits)

(After credits you see jonny run to his dad then daniel calls him over. he hands him his phone and askes him to call for help...)

© 2010 Daniel Contreras IV


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on August 13, 2010
Last Updated on August 13, 2010

Author

Daniel Contreras IV
Daniel Contreras IV

Sandusky, OH



About
18 year old high schooler from Sandusky, Ohio. Loves long walks on the beach, but hates sand. That stuff gets everywhere. In all your crevices and such. I love to write. Mostly screenplays. I'll add t.. more..

Writing