Star Gazing: Scene 2

Star Gazing: Scene 2

A Screenplay by Daniel Contreras IV


Daniel’s House- Int. -- Twilight

The boys are sitting down in Daniel’s living room. The TV is on. Ian is holding a bag with green herbage in it.

Ian
(Sarcastically) I believe it’s called marijuana.

Daniel
Pot? You got pot?

Ian
I sure did. Let’s smoke it.

Daniel
What else would we do with it?

Ian
I don’t know, I was just sayin.

Daniel
I don’t know, I don’t wanna get in trouble.

Ian
(Mockingly) Uh, my names Daniel Contreras and I don’t wanna get in trouble cos I’m a little p***y. Wah Wah wah.

Daniel
Whatever, screw you. (Ponders for a moment.) Okay, let’s do it, but outside. I don’t want my mom to smell it in here.

Ian
Thank you.



Daniel’s House- Ext. Porch -- Twilight/ Night

Daniel is looking at the weed in wonderment. Ian’s looking around the porch.



Daniel
Okay, so how do we smoke it? Do you have any papers?

Ian
No. You got a pop can?


Daniel
I can find one. Why?

Cut to Ian crushing a pop can horizontally and cutting a hole in the side. He then puts the weed from the bag onto the pop can.

Daniel
How do you know how to do this?

Ian
I gotta tell you something... I’ve smoked before.

Daniel
(Surprised and disappointed) What? When?

Ian
When I lived with my dad my cousin smoked. I started there. Do you have a match? (Looks at the table. It has matches on it.) Never mind.

Daniel
(Visibly bummed.) Well, this sucks.

As he says that, Ian takes a deep inhale through the can. He exhales and begins to cough.

Ian
What does?

Daniel
I thought this was gonna be both our first time.


Ian
You’ll get over it. (Put’s the can up to Daniel’s face) Here, hit it. I’ll spark you.

Daniel cautiously inhales the smoke, and as soon as he exhales cut to a MONTAGE. In the MONTAGE we see Ian and Daniel get very energetic at first, run around in the snow, eat a bunch of junk food, veg out on the couch and watch the TV, smoke A LOT throughout, and eventually crash until... Ian’s phone rings. Abruptly waking him and Daniel.




Daniel’s house- Int. -- Night


Daniel
Wha- Whats that?

Ian
My phone.

Ian ignores the ringing. Daniel gets irritated.

Daniel
Answer it.

Ian lazily picks up his phone.



Ian
Hello?... Hey buddy... Yeah, we’re not up to anything, come on over... 20 minutes?... Alright, see you then. One love.

Hangs up. Ian and Daniel begin to get up and stretch.

Daniel
Man, that was kinda the best sleep I ever had.

Ian
Yeah, it’ll do that. (Look’s around curiously) Where’s your mom?

Daniel
I don’t know, what time is it?

Ian looks at his phone

Ian
Uh, 6:45.

Daniel
She should be home. (Thinks for a second and scratches his head) Whatever, I don’t care, you got any more.

Ian reaches in his pocket and pulls out his bag excitedly.

Ian
You know it.

Quick cuts of them going to the porch, opening the bag of weed, prepping it on the can, and smoking it. Cut to a shot of the front door from inside the house. Someone knocks on it. Ian and Daniel out of frame walk to the door and open it to reveal Tony.

Daniel
(Overly excited) Tony!

Ian
(Also overly excited) Hey buddy! Come on in.

He let’s Tony in. Tony is kind of taken back by Ian and Daniels behavior and appearance. They both are sluggish and have really red, bloodshot eyes.

Tony
Hey, so what have you guys been doin’?

Daniel
Eh, a little of this a little of that, you know.

He and Ian begin to giggle. Tony looks visibly awkward standing with them.

Tony
You guys alright? You seem... different.

Ian
No man, we’re cool. What do you wanna do, go to a movie or something?



Tony
(Obviously lying) Uh, actually I can’t stay that long. I gotta go to bed early cos I got open gym early tomorrow.



Ian
Yeah, but that’s at like 10. It’s only 7, we can still do something.



Tony
(Still obviously lying) It’s already 7?! Man, I got my brothers birthday party to go to. (He turns to walk out the door.) It was good hangin’ with you guys, I’ll see you later. Let’s play basketball next Friday. Bye!

Tony leaves and closes the door behind him. Ian and Daniel are left standing there confused.

Daniel
I like hanging with Tony. (Turns to Ian) You got anymore?

Ian has a devilish grin on his face.

Cut to Ian and Daniel passed out in the living room. Ian on a couch, Daniel a recliner. Next to Ian, on a coffee table is a singed pop can and a few burned matches. Fade Out.

© 2011 Daniel Contreras IV


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on January 26, 2011
Last Updated on January 26, 2011

Author

Daniel Contreras IV
Daniel Contreras IV

Sandusky, OH



About
18 year old high schooler from Sandusky, Ohio. Loves long walks on the beach, but hates sand. That stuff gets everywhere. In all your crevices and such. I love to write. Mostly screenplays. I'll add t.. more..

Writing