Star Gazing: Scene 4

Star Gazing: Scene 4

A Screenplay by Daniel Contreras IV


Daniel’s house- Ext. -- Night

Ian and Daniel are standing out by the road in Daniel’s driveway. It is cold out and they are hugging themselves to keep warm.

Daniel
Where’s he at? I’m freezing my nibblets off.

Ian
He said he’d be here 5 minutes ago.

Just then, a car come’s into sight. It pulls up to Ian and Daniel. There are two people in the car, a driver and passenger, the passenger rolls down his window.

Spencer
Ian? Daniel?

Ian
Hey Spencer.

Daniel
Hi.

Spencer
Get in.

Ian
(Surprised) Get in?

Spencer
Yeah. Get in.

Ian
Oh. Okay.

Ian and Daniel reluctantly get in the car. It pulls away.

Car- Int.

Ian and Daniel are sitting awkwardly in the car.



Spencer
Ian, Daniel, this is Tyler. (Referring to the driver) Tyler, Ian and Daniel.

Tyler
What’s up?

Ian
Hey.

Daniel
Hello.

Ian
So, uh, Spencer. Where are we going?

Spencer
I don’t know, just driving around right now. How much you guys want?


Ian
I don’t know, we only got 50, so a quarter.

Spencer
Well, everything’s at my house, so we’ll go there.



Spencer’s House- Ext.-- Night

Outside shot of Spencer’s house and driveway. The car pulls in, and Tyler, Spencer, Ian and Daniel get out and walk inside the house.





Spencer’s house- Int.-- Night

The four walk into Spencer’s room. His room is pretty tidy except for an undone bed, and a few pill bottles scattered throughout. Spencer goes to his dresser and open’s the first drawer, digs around and pulls out a big bag of weed.


Spencer
Now, you say you guy’s have 50 bucks? That’ll get you a decent amount of weed. But if you guy’s want to get adventurous I got something better.

Ian
I don’t know, maybe some other time.

Daniel
(Undercutting Ian) What?

Spencer pulls out his bottom drawer, digs around and pulls out a bag full of white powder.


Spencer
Bam!


Daniel
Is that-

Spencer
Cocaine? Sure is.

Daniel
I was gonna say baking powder.


Ian
Spencer, why in the world do you have cocaine, you little addict?

Spencer
I know a guy.

Ian
Well, we’re just looking for some weed right now. Just give us a quarter and we’ll be on our way.

Daniel
Wait a second. How much is- (Points at the coke) you know.

Ian
(Looking aggravated) Gee Daniel, for a guy that didn’t want to smoke a couple days ago, your sure eager about trying cocaine.

Daniel
I’m not saying I’m gonna try it, I’m just asking how much it is.

Spencer
Well, usually I sell for 60 a gram, but since I know you guys, I’m willing to settle for 50. And since it’s your first time, I’ll even do some with you guys, free of charge. (He smiles a a crap eating grin.)

Daniel
Sweet. (Turns to Ian) I say we do it. I mean, we only live once right?

Ian
Oh no no no, I’m not getting caught up in your peer pressure bull crap. If you wanna snort that crap up your nose, be my guest. But I’m not getting anywhere near it. I’m not doing it... I’m not.

Cut to Ian snorting some cocaine off a coffee table as Daniel, Spencer, and Tyler cheer him on.



Ian
Whoo! (He claps his hands together and does a short fist pump. Then immediately starts feverishly rubbing his nose.)

Daniel
Alright, alright, my turn.

He bends down and snorts the line of cocaine before him. He then jerks upward.

Daniel
Wow!

Spencer
I’m telling you man, its some good stuff.

Daniel
Hecks yeah! Let’s do another round.


Spencer
Sorry man, no more freebies from now on. I can’t keep giving away my product, you know. I gotta make a profit.


Ian
No, it’s cool. (Looks at Daniel) We’re done anyway.

Daniel
(Hands Spencer the 50 dollars) I’ll take a gram.

Ian
What are you doing?

Daniel
What? I’ll split it with you.

Ian
You know, I’m getting sick of you sand bagging me.


Daniel
This is only time we’ll do this. I promise. Just a night cap for me and you at home.

Spencer hands Daniel a little baggie of coke.

Spencer
Here you go.

Daniel
Thank you.

Ian
Speaking of home, Tyler can you give us a ride?

Daniel’s House- Ext.

Cut to Ian and Daniel getting out of Tyler’s car. Ian’s still rubbing his nose. A car is in Daniel’s garage.


Ian
Thanks for the ride.

Daniel
Thanks guys.

They wave to them as they drive off. They notice the car in the driveway.

Daniel
Great, my mom’s home. Just act cool.

Ian
Okay, I’ll try. (Rubs his nose again.)

Daniel
Stop rubbing your nose.

Ian
Hey d********g, it was your idea to do that in the first place.

They enter the house.


Daniel’s house- Int.-- Night

Daniel
Alright, shut up. Just stop talking about it.

They walk around the house, but Daniel’s mom is nowhere to be found.

Daniel
Mom!!!... You here?!... Guess not.

Ian is by the counter reading a note.


Ian
She went clubbing.


Daniel
What?


Ian
(Holds up note) She left a note.

Daniel walks up to note to read it. It says “Went clubbing, be back by 3”.

Daniel
Oh. Nice. I don’t know why she couldn’t have texted me. (He gets out the little bag of coke) Alright, One more time.

Ian looks a little concerned. He doesn’t say anything.

Daniel
Let’s do this.

Ian
Hey man, I should probly get going. I gotta go to practice in the morning. I’m’ma have a hard enough time going to bed as it is, you know.

Daniel
Come on. One more time. Just tonight.



Ian
Nah, man, I can’t. (Begins to walk towards the door) I’ll see you tomorrow after practice though, okay.

Daniel
Okay, cool. See ya.

Ian
(Walks out the door) One Love. Don’t do anything stupid.



Daniel
(To Ian outside) Yeah yeah yeah. One Love!

Daniel closes the door and is left alone. He stands still for a second, grinding his teeth. He eyes the the bag of coke on the counter. He then B-lines to it. He takes out a plate, puts the coke on the plate and begins to cut it up with a kitchen knife. He then rips a piece of paper, rolls the smaller piece into a straw like object, and begins to snort the line. He stops abruptly, seemingly overwhelmed, but then goes back to finish off the line. He then begins to mess around with his nose. He goes to sit down on his couch. While on his couch, he begins to get real jittery, twitching his leg. He sits in silence for a moment, then gets out his phone and starts dialing. He puts it to his ear and it rings a couple times.

Daniel
Hey... Spencer?--

© 2011 Daniel Contreras IV


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on January 26, 2011
Last Updated on January 26, 2011

Author

Daniel Contreras IV
Daniel Contreras IV

Sandusky, OH



About
18 year old high schooler from Sandusky, Ohio. Loves long walks on the beach, but hates sand. That stuff gets everywhere. In all your crevices and such. I love to write. Mostly screenplays. I'll add t.. more..

Writing