Star Gazing: Scene 8

Star Gazing: Scene 8

A Screenplay by Daniel Contreras IV


Int. Perkins High School -- Day

Fade in to Daniel laying slumped on the stage of the auditorium. He is by himself, a thoughtful expression on his face. He look’s a tad bit weaker from the first time we saw him. Almost as if he has been deflated. It looks like he is waiting for something or someone. A door is heard opening, Daniel turns his head to see a burnout kid coming his way.

Burnout Kid
Hey.

Daniel
Hey, you want something?

Burnout Kid
Yeah. A gram.

Daniel
Of?

Burnout Kid
 Caine.

Daniel reaches in his sock and pulls out a little bag.

Daniel
That’s 50.

Burnout Kid
50? Man, that’s 10 dollars more than it was a week ago.

Daniel
My suppliers not bringing in as much as he was to. We have a limited supply. If you can find someone else, be my guest.

Burnout Kid takes out his wallet and hands Daniel the money.

Burnout Kid
Alright, whatever.

He takes the little bag and leaves. As he does Daniel looks over at the other door of the auditorium as Luke walks in. Daniel perks up a bit as Luke walks towards him.

Luke
Hey, long time no see.

Daniel
Hey, Luke. I know, I know. When was the last time, the hotel party, right?

Luke
Yeah, yeah... So is it true what they say about you?

Daniel
Depends. Who are they and what did they say?

Luke
They say you cut class this period to come here and sell drugs.

Daniel
What? Noooooooooooooo...

Luke
Well, here you are.

Daniel
No, I just come here to think... But if you happened to want some-


Luke
Oh my God, I should kick your a*s right now.

Daniel
Why?

Luke
Cos I’m your friend. And that’s what friends do when they know their friends are selling heroin at school.

Long awkward pause.

Daniel
You still bumping uglies with whats her face?

Luke
Brandi? No, not anymore. Don’t change the subject. Stop this crap, Danny.

Daniel
I got this under control. Don’t worry.

Luke
You know what, your right. You look great. Everyone thinks so highly of you. Everything’s working out great for you right now, isn’t it?

Daniel gets up and begins to leave.

Daniel
Well Luke, it’s been nice catching up. We should do this again in another 3 months.

He leaves Luke standing there, speechless. Luke looks scornfully at Daniel as he leaves, then turns and walks the other way.

Cut to Spencer waiting outside the auditorium as Daniel comes out. Daniel is startled at Spencer’s presence.

Daniel
Oh my God. You scared me.

Spencer
Yeah, I was going to talk to you, but Luke beat me to it. What’d he want? You sell to him?

Daniel
No, man. Look, I gotta stop bringing to school. I’m starting to get a reputation, and I’m not getting caught on school grounds.

Spencer
Yeah, yeah. Do whatever. If it’s bad for you it’s bad for me... So have you tried any yet?

Daniel nods his head yes.






Spencer
Okay. Here’s the thing with heroin. Never. EVER. Do too much. It’s not a joke. You can’t just be up doing it all night like weed. This will kill you.

Daniel
Who do you think you’re talking to? I know what I’m doing. Call me the Kurt Cobain of our school.

Spencer
Yeah... Okay, Kurt. I’m just giving you fair warning. Have you sold any of the cocaine yet?

Daniel
Five minutes ago, why?

Spencer
I gotta tell you something.

Daniel
What?

Spencer
We ran out of cocaine two weeks ago.

Daniel
What? And you just tell me now? What have I been selling to people?

Spencer
... Baking soda.

Daniel
What?! You’re gonna get me killed. What happen’s if someone tried to get their money back.

Spencer
These kids are in high school. They’re pansies. They won’t do anything.

As Spencer says that Mr. Bores comes down the hall.

Spencer
Alright, I gotta go. See ya.

 Spencer heads down the direction that Mr. Bores is walking, and and Daniel walks towards Mr. Bores himself. Mr. Bores stops Daniel.


Mr. Bores
You’re killing me Danny. I gave you three extra weeks to complete that Truman Project. What happened?

Daniel looks very meek. He’s embarrassed that he let down one of his favorite teachers.

Daniel
I’m sorry, Mr. Bores. I’ve been having a tough time lately.

Mr. Bores gives Daniel a once over.

Mr. Bores
Yeah, looks like it. You sick?

The lightbulb just went off in Daniels head.

Daniel
Yeah, I’ve been pretty sick lately.

Mr. Bores
Ah, what do you got?


Daniel
(Thinking) Uh, I had... pneumonia. I lost like 15 pounds two weeks ago. I’m still recovering.

Mr. Bores
Well, that doesn’t excuse your grades going down the toilet. Have you even applied to a college yet?

As he says that the bell rings.

Daniel
I’ll see you later Mr. Bores. Don’t wanna be late to class.

Daniel leaves Mr. Bores just as he left Luke.


© 2011 Daniel Contreras IV


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on January 26, 2011
Last Updated on January 26, 2011

Author

Daniel Contreras IV
Daniel Contreras IV

Sandusky, OH



About
18 year old high schooler from Sandusky, Ohio. Loves long walks on the beach, but hates sand. That stuff gets everywhere. In all your crevices and such. I love to write. Mostly screenplays. I'll add t.. more..

Writing