Star Gazing: Scene 9

Star Gazing: Scene 9

A Screenplay by Daniel Contreras IV

Maggie’s House- Int.-- Night

Daniel and Maggie are laying on a bed (Or couch) watching a movie. It’s quiet except for the movie playing.

Maggie
How come we never hang out at your house?

Daniel
It smells like cat pee.

Silence.

Maggie
 I don’t like it when you do drugs.


Daniel
What do you mean?

Maggie
Like when you brought me over to that Spencer kid’s house. I don’t like him. All you do when you hang out with him is smoke weed and do coke. It’s really awkward for me.

Daniel
Okay, I’ll stop bringing you over there then.

Maggie
I don’t think you should see him, too.


Daniel
(Defensive) What? Do I tell you who you can and can’t be your friends?



Maggie
He’s not your friend. He only hangs out with you cos you buy from him. What happened to Ian?

Daniel
You don’t know anything about me and Spencer’s friendship.


Maggie
Look at yourself. Your so skinny now. And so pale. Your like a shell of your former self.



Daniel
Oh, so now I’m not good looking enough for you. You’re too embarrassed to be seen in public with your druggie boyfriend?



Maggie
No. I care for you Daniel. And I worry. A lot. I don’t want to worry any more.

Daniel
Don’t worry about me, I’m great. I’m better than I’ve ever been.

Maggie
Do you really believe that?

Daniel
I do.

Maggie
Look at what the drugs are doing to you. You’ve never been this angry before.

Daniel
God, why is everybody all over my back all of a sudden? The only person who hasn’t said anything is my mom.

Maggie
Your mom’s never around. Please stop, your better than this.

Daniel
I’ve had enough. I gotta go home. Bye

Daniel walks out the front door. Maggie follows behind.


Maggie
(Stopped at the doorway) What? You’re gonna walk?

Daniel doesn’t reply. Maggie slams the door, finds a pillow and screams into it. She then get’s out her phone and calls someone.


© 2011 Daniel Contreras IV


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on January 26, 2011
Last Updated on January 26, 2011

Author

Daniel Contreras IV
Daniel Contreras IV

Sandusky, OH



About
18 year old high schooler from Sandusky, Ohio. Loves long walks on the beach, but hates sand. That stuff gets everywhere. In all your crevices and such. I love to write. Mostly screenplays. I'll add t.. more..

Writing