Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
just a walk

just a walk

A Story by Danishgirl00
"

what i thought of on a walk

"
Walking along a frost covered path, the only thing seeming to follow me are the footsteps that nip at my heels. Swaying from left to right and averting my lingering sight I look besides me to notice the darkened outline of a familiar figure, slowly shifting from one foot to the next. Neither worry or fright entered my mind. The undefined persona giving a comforting sense of emotional resemblance. With the chill of a light breeze in an echo-less night I look up to twisting empty branches filling the canopy above. The frozen wood nestling the moon like a woven basket as it casts out stolen rays of light. If only for a moment, it almost seems as if the branches were meant to hold that light. Keep it safe in this dimming world. But as it leaks through to the ground below, I could swear that the sky above was glazing over like a lonesome stare; a look that we both shared that night. Feeling the tug of my shadowy friend I expelled a softened sigh and continued on my path, silently wishing upon an unlit star that the branches would hold more.  

© 2013 Danishgirl00


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on November 14, 2013
Last Updated on November 14, 2013

Author

Danishgirl00
Danishgirl00

About
I'm a nice, quiet, smart, confident, and indulge in an easy going day with a book in hand and some quiet music. It's easy to do with the ENDLESS rain outside. When it comes to my writing i'm at th.. more..

Writing
L&D L&D

A Poem by Danishgirl00