Story 5: Wavelength

Story 5: Wavelength

A Story by Dannyptm
"

A woman tries to control her power and her mental health

"

Story 5: Wavelength


4:45 am:


“No...NO...NOOOO”! CRASH! A bright orange flash of light fills the room. She was awoken by the vase that had been floating in mid-air came crashing to the floor. Her bed, reading chair, and dresser landing back on the floor with a thud. The pictures of her and her husband landing all over the floor face down. “S**t” em cursed under her breath “ another f*****g nightmare”. She pulls off her comforter her ninja turtle pajamas a mess. Emma goes over to one of the fallen pictures, their wedding day. “ I'm sorry Mase,” she says holding the photo to her chest. Her husband, her wonderful husband Mason. Her strength, her rock, her everything. The last time he was home and witnessed it almost scared him half to death. Things between the two, over the last month had been awkward, to say the least. “This is enough I have to get this under control, it's getting out of hand,” Emma thinks


Emma leaves her bedroom going down the hall to her quaint little kitchen. She opens up the cabinet and staring back at her,  an unopened bottle of vodka. Minutes pass but it feels like hours. She stares blankly, emotionlessly at the bottle. Finally, she closes the cabinet. “ Sorry old buddy, not this time...not today,” she says turning and going back down the hall to bed. “ Hopefully I can't get some sleep without floating the whole damn house”.


Dr. Cecilia Nathans Office 

Lower East Side Sentagon City 2:28


“ I've been having the nightmares again,”  Emma said somberly, “ I thought I had this under control”. 


Dr. Nathans responds. “It's a severe bipolar disorder Emma, there will be high and low points. Some will be lower than others. You refuse to take medication and…”


Emma interrupts “Because you're not turning me into a zombie, not again”!


“I know I know Emma I understand, but with your lack of meds and quitting drinking the recurring nightmares would be normal. Especially with Mason working so much at his new Lisbon Industries job.” Dr. Nathans says. “I think you need a hobby, something to put that energy into.”


“Like what?!” Emma replies visibly shaken “drinking and fighting are the only things I've ever been good at.” 


“Well, I like to workout. I have a trainer over in High Castle I'll give you her card.” Dr. Nathans says as she reaches for her purse. She hands Emma the card. “ Hopefully you can meet up, get on the same wavelength.”


Jayla Omara: Health and Fitness Expert


“Ok thanks as always Doc, I'll give her a call” Emma responds more upbeat. “Same time next week.”


4:16 pm 


Emma walks into her house, Mason is getting ready for work. 


“Hey, my queen,” Mason says as they meet with a loving embrace and deep kiss “ How was therapy?”


Emma replies “Good as always, the Doc wants me to meet this personal trainer in High Castle City. I'll give you a call in a little. What are you up to my King?”


“Just catching up on some news before I head out, I was just about to leave,” Mason says. The pair kiss again as Mason starts to head towards the door “Try and get some sleep tonight my love, I'll see you in the morning, I love you more than anything. Mason leaves on another long night. 


“I love you more,” she says

Meanwhile


“This is Rick Thurman with channel 10 Action News Now. In a follow up to a recent story High Castle City police still have had no luck in finding security footage from the recent subway child sex trade incident and have no leads…”


Emma turns the volume down reaches in her pocket and pulls out her cell phone and a business card and begins to dial ...




© 2020 Dannyptm


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on December 24, 2020
Last Updated on December 24, 2020
Tags: super heroes, comic, super powers, nightfall, heroes, starlite, comic books, crime fighting

Author

Dannyptm
Dannyptm

CA



About
I'm Danny and aspiring writer trying to put together my first series of short stories based on female superheroes. P.t.s.d. and Crohn's fighter more..

Writing