The Miracle Worker

The Miracle Worker

A Story by Daphnee
"

Another Unfinished Story

"
          As the Miracle Worker wallowed in his warm abode, there was a soft but urgent knock at his door. Seriously pondering of when he should retire, he lazily got up from his old, sturdy, green couch. The old chair, though just a chair, comforted him more then once in his days of stress, anxiety, and depression. As he slumped to the door, there was another soft but impatient knock on his door. The Miracle Worker silently growled, "I'm coming!" As he swiftly opened the door, there was a younger boy, maybe in his early teens, standing on his front doorstep holding a small motionless body in his shaky, nervous hands. The Miracle Worker examined his face looking for an sign of unspoken explanation. The boy had obviously been crying for his face was red, nose was sniffling, and his sad, blue eyes were red and puffy. He was a little taller then five feet and slim as a pencil. He had blazing, fiery, red hair peeking out from under a brown cap. Freckles blanketed his soft, thin, young face. Not a word had to be said for the Miracle Worker to invite the boy and his troubles in. The Miracle Worker reached his dining room table and swiped everything off it, not caring what it was or how important they were. The boy carefully laid down the light, fragile body of a young girl on the clear table. The boy hesitated but spoke up, "Forgive me, sir, for imposing But my dear sister fell a great height from a tree. I thought it was minor but when I called out to her, she did cease to get up. I heard you are the one who can perform miracles. Please, help me. She is all I have left." The boys eyes twinkled with sadness and truth. The Miracle Worker was touched. He nodded and immediately started hustling about, getting to work. He then promised the boy that his sister had not breathed her last breath. 

© 2016 Daphnee


Author's Note

Daphnee
Another unfinished story. Just wanted to share.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this piece! I thought it would be interesting if it had a double meaning kind of story. Maybe, like something to do with when a boy/girl is struggling on the inside, they end up at the miracle workers house but they don't know why. - just a thought!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Daphnee

8 Years Ago

That is a fantastic idea!! Thank you!!!! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Added on April 9, 2016
Last Updated on April 9, 2016
Tags: miracle, helping, world, life, pain, young, youth

Author

Daphnee
Daphnee

IL



About
Hi! I am 20 and absolutely obsessed with reading and writing. Some of my favorite authors are Jane Austen, Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Edgar Allan Poe, and Stephen King. I am open to critic.. more..

Writing
Why? Why?

A Poem by Daphnee