Objective

Objective

A Story by David Darabian

 

The danger signals have started again. The sound is so loud it makes my ears hurt, I don’t like it here. I want to go home. But the monsters live there now. They took away our home and my mom and dad. I wish mom was here…

A tear ran down the little girl’s cheek, she wanted to cry in her mothers’ arms while being stroked along her hair her golden brown hair, as her mother used to call it.

“What’s the matter dear?” The older lady said and sat down next to her.

“I want to go home.”

“So do I, dear, and we will, but not right now. And when we do get home I’m going to bake you the biggest and most sweetest cookies in all of Brooklyn Bay.”

“Really?”

“Yes...” The lady looked up as a group of heavily armed soldiers entered the train station.

 

The station shook as something exploded nearby. Rubble was falling from the ceiling of the once grand structure. The area had to be cleared, and fast.

“Get out of here, NOW!” he shouted to hurry the dozens of fleeing people on. An older woman and a little girl were still sitting by the information desk. “Get that kid outa here!”

He didn’t have time to wait for the building to be cleared, he had to prepare. “Jaffrey, place the explosives ‘round the west entrance, that’s our weakest spot.”

“Rog’ it, boss.” Jaffrey said and hurried off.

“Sinj, heavy machinery by the fountain, surveying west and north.”

“Roger.”

“Fisher and Riley, you come with me.”

As they positioned themselves and waited, they heard rumbling sound of, what seemed to be hundreds of the Cross.

“They’re many.” He heard Riley say quietly.

“A’rite listen up men, moment of truth here. Charge up reds, givem as much cluster-damage as possible. Don’t hold back on the ammo, we got plenty this time. Rileys’ brought his special med’ kit, so he’ll be patchin’ ya’ll up in no time, don’t mind the blood just keep on shootin’.”

 

The moments before the clash were always the most nerve-racking. He lit his cigarette and waited. The first creature didn’t even have time to react before its head was blown into pieces.

“WOHA! I love these bullets.” Fisher yelled and fired another volley.

“Love those eyes of yours, Fish.” Sinj said and started blasting as the creatures tried to enter through the west gate. As the shells started flying the creatures started pushing on even more.

“Detonate north!” He yelled to Jaffrey, as a dozen of the Cross was about to enter. The blast was deafening and had the north gate completely razed.

“Christ! How much C4 did you use?”

“Enough”, Jaffrey said and smiled.

 “Thirty seconds more fellas, then we’ll let the aerials do their part.”

As the pressure increased some of the Cross managed to break into the station.

“Footloose inbound!”

The few seconds of chaos was total before the creatures were annihilated. Fisher was down but luckily, for once the aerials were on time. A moment too late and they would have been dead for sure. As the bombardment outside began the men gathered themselves. Riley had made his way to Fisher and to their relief he managed to patch Fisher up.

“Jobs done, fellas. Close call but well done! Now let’s go collect. You okay Fish?”

“Yeah sarge, just a little banged up.”


They left the station through the south gate and made their way through 2nd and 1st Street. “Used to live here”, Sinj said as they walked along the once called Asian district. “Of course it looked a whole lot better then.”

It still smelled somewhat of exotic spices and the men soaked up every bit of it.

“The yellow brick building used to be Ravi’s, the best restaurant in the city…”

“Yeah, listen, Sinj. We all got our memories but let’s keep ‘em to ourselves, we’re miserable enough as it is. Focus on your next pay check instead”, Fisher said.

It was hard to imagine that all the buildings used to be inhabited and that the streets used to be busy with people doing their daily errands. Now it was all deserted, the buildings filled with bullet holes instead of people and the street full of bomb craters instead of cars. It had all happened so fast, no one saw it coming before it was too late. Several thousands had died just the first day and it had taken far too long for the sons of b*****s upstairs to act. It wasn’t until the middle of the second week that a fair resistance had been assembled and even then they stalled. If you wanted to survive you had to trust in yourself and no one else.

© 2008 David Darabian


Author's Note

David Darabian
This is just something I wrote during a computer game project I had to demonstrate the feeling I wanted our future game to have. This is a objective within the game.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice work there. You raise a lot of questions and spray the place with bullets. In my book that's the perfect story. One question though, what game is it? I really want to play.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

David Darabian
David Darabian

Stockholm, Sweden



About
My name is David Darabian. I'm born and raised in a town called Lund in Sweden and I like most of you guys here I strive to keep creative. I hope you like what I've written, I had fun doing it. .. more..

Writing
B0661 B0661

A Story by David Darabian


Visit Visit

A Story by David Darabian