Soap Bubbles

Soap Bubbles

A Story by David Darabian
"

Where ideas come from...

"

 

He scratched his head in annoyance and looked down on the drawings on the table once again. Why was it so hard? He felt that the answer was right in front of him, he was just too blind to see it. His room in the basement always worked best when he needed to isolate himself to gather his thoughts, but now he was stuck. Why was it so hard…? After hours of pondering the air was feeling stuffy. Reluctantly he got up – afraid to disrupt his line of thoughts – and walked over to the window. The hinges on the little window were hard to open but after some twitches back and forward he managed to get it loose. It creaked and flakes of white paint came loose as the window – after years of motionlessness – opened. In an instant he felt how fresh air streamed in and carried the mustiness out, he heard the sounds from the neighbouring kids’ laughing and playing. Sarah’s daughter Felicia was rope skipping by Flamm’s two sons – who were preoccupied with a magnifying glass, undoubtedly burning ants. Except from their occasional giggling – probably after they managed to burn yet another ant – they remained quiet and focused. He could hear Felicia objection against the boys’ cruelty, but they didn’t bother. Amelia – Sara’s second daughter – was approaching, singing and waving her arms with a colourful tube-like object in her hand. When she reached her sister she shook the object and put the lid, together with what looked like a plastic loop, to her mouth and blew. And out came soap bubbles. The two girls giggled as the bubbles poured out and burst as some hit the boys. This interrupted the boys’ ant experiment who yelled something at the girls – which had Amelia run away in tears.

A bubble was floating towards him and he could see the different colours from the soap, before it struck ground and burst.

“A SPHERE!” he cried out in delight and rushed back to his desk. 

© 2008 David Darabian


Author's Note

David Darabian
Newtons theory of gravity came from an apple - ideas come from the most unexpected places.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooh! Very creative, I like it!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

David Darabian
David Darabian

Stockholm, Sweden



About
My name is David Darabian. I'm born and raised in a town called Lund in Sweden and I like most of you guys here I strive to keep creative. I hope you like what I've written, I had fun doing it. .. more..

Writing
B0661 B0661

A Story by David Darabian


Visit Visit

A Story by David Darabian