Destiny Short Story

Destiny Short Story

A Story by Darcri
"

Fan made short story.

"
Ewing Surgoth, a ruthless and precise Titan.
After his rebirth, he found himself competing in the crucible. For months he honed his combat skills. Match after Match, death after death he continued to fight in the crucible. Always wanting more, always wanting to get stronger. One day a titan named Ourus was watching one of Ewinn's matches. Amazed by his skills, he watched in anticipation for Ewinn’s next match. A three man squad of warlocks were charging Ewinn’s flag post. With the rest of his team eliminated, he was they're last stand. As they drew closer, he laid in wait. Hidden from sight on the corner of a nearby building, he heard the enemy squad approaching. As their lead member stepped within range. Swiftly rounding the corner. And a quick snap of his arm, he let loose a fierce punch, cracking the Warlocks visor. Knocking the warlock to the ground. “One down, two to go” he thought to himself. The remaining two quickly leaped backwards, attempting to put some distance between Ewinn and themselves. As quick as they could retreat, he drew his sidearm, firing two quick bursts. The second warlock slumped to the ground, dead, his chest plate riddled with bullet holes. As he turned his gaze to remaining warlock, he was struck multiple times in the chest and shoulder. His thick armor saving him from a fatal wound, he quickly took cover. As both combatants engaged each other, time was running out. The warlock had to make a push or he would loose the match. He began to Sprint towards Ewinn’s flag. Ewinn knew this was a desperate act. He stepped out from cover and began firing at the warlock. To his surprise the warlock vanished, and instantly reappearing a few meters high in the air. With out a second thought, he took aim and pulled the trigger. Nothing. No sound, no muzzle flash. With his magazine empty, he was bound to loose. As the warlock descended pelting Ewinn’s armour with a shroud of bullets, he had given up. He couldn’t see a way to beat his foe. Without a thought, his body took over. Adrenalin Courses through him and everything seemed clear. He jumped towards the warlock out of pure instinct. Grasping the Warlocks helm with on firm hand. The warlock screamed in pain as his helmet was being crushed around his skull. Ewinn threw the warlock to the ground, immediately dropping to one knee on the Warlocks chest. His torso crushed, the pavement beneath them cracked. A loud horn was blown, the match was over.

As Ewinn Left the arena, Ourus approached him. “That was an amazing match. Who taught you to fight?”. Ewinn hesitantly replied. “I've been participating in the crucible since my rebirth. Shaxx has taught me many things. But most comes from the experience of loss and my own deaths.” Ourus looked at Ewinn impressed. “I try never to die the same say. Hurts my ego.” Ewinn said with a slight chuckle. “Well how’d you like to learn a few things from me?” Ewinn shot Ourus a curious look. “Yeah? Like what old timer?” Ourus clenched his fist. With a snap of his arm, a large flaming hammer appeared in Ourus’s hand. A hammer of Sol. This power wielded only by the Sunbreaker Titans. Shocked, Ewinn stood there in silence.
“I saw you didn’t use an ability in any of your matches. Have you not manifested your light into element for you to wield?” Ourus said holding up his hammer with a stern grasp. “No, I’ve had no need to use such methods yet”. “Then join me, learn to shape your light into a burning hammer. There’s so much more you can do with your life than play games all day.” Ewinn took a knee. “I graciously accept your offer.” Ewinn replied bowing his head. “Then as of today you join us as a Sunbreaker. Now come, there is much to learn.”

© 2018 Darcri


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on March 10, 2018
Last Updated on March 10, 2018

Author

Darcri
Darcri

Writing