Song for Solomon.

Song for Solomon.

A Poem by Stormy Weather

 The Mockingbird longs to sing the world a lovely song, as all birds do.

But, he was born without a jubilant melody.

He sits in his lush tree, lonesome among the vast branches and leaves.

He soars through his free skies in painful silence-

Listening to the beautiful music of his friends.

Nobody sees Solomon, for there is nothing to notice.

Just a silent bird; perched in a wondrous tree, or soaring the open skies.

He sees children playing; their laughter drifting up to the clouds.

He hears mumbles and whispers among lovers.

He feels the ache of a song within him.

A song no one will ever hear.

© 2012 Stormy Weather


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am envious of how great the title is for starters. Secondly, this is pure brilliance framed with a complexity of emotions. I feel for Solomon, I think anyone with a heart would! You did such a splendid job making the reader connect with this wordless winged-creature. Some people write 600+ page books with characters no one ever becomes attached to, but you did it for me by line four. Honestly Lady, this is professional and outstanding.. bravissima!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stormy Weather

11 Years Ago

Your review honestly just made my day. So sweet. Thank you very much! :)
Alexandria Reece

11 Years Ago

Happy to be of service, you're a fantastic writer!



Reviews

I am envious of how great the title is for starters. Secondly, this is pure brilliance framed with a complexity of emotions. I feel for Solomon, I think anyone with a heart would! You did such a splendid job making the reader connect with this wordless winged-creature. Some people write 600+ page books with characters no one ever becomes attached to, but you did it for me by line four. Honestly Lady, this is professional and outstanding.. bravissima!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stormy Weather

11 Years Ago

Your review honestly just made my day. So sweet. Thank you very much! :)
Alexandria Reece

11 Years Ago

Happy to be of service, you're a fantastic writer!
I got a really mysterious impression from this. It's bright, sad, and I felt a hint of dark. "A song no one will ever hear." I really liked that line. It relates to life SO well. It's late and I want to say more, but im about to pass out, so I'll probably add another comment on this tomorrow. I'm subscribing. Keep it up! Im going to read more once I'm not delirious. Great work, great writing, and... I reaally really liked this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Stormy Weather

11 Years Ago

That's super sweet! Thank you, very much :)
Wonderful poem.
May we generalize the condition of the bird with the humans who can't speak due to the disability and suppression?
I feel lot of people around us suffer from their inability to raise their point to live with dignity.
I will not contradict here your definition of mockingbird.But I am humbly offering some links relating to this bird.Hope you will visit and make your own decision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mockingbird

http://ibc.lynxeds.com/family/mockingbirds-thrashers-mimidae

Posted 11 Years Ago


Stormy Weather

11 Years Ago

Yeah, I suppose this poem could be related to that sort've thing! I never thought of it that way! An.. read more
zainul

11 Years Ago

That's great.
The poem is beautiful and you taught me a lesson. I didn't know mockingbirds couldn't sing. I like the use of Solomon to give life and purpose to the poem. Strong description create good visions and thank you for the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Stormy Weather

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 6, 2012
Last Updated on July 6, 2012

Author

Stormy Weather
Stormy Weather

CA



About
"We're all mad here." more..

Writing
15 15

A Poem by Stormy Weather



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Purity Purity

A Poem by Bethany