You're Going Away.

You're Going Away.

A Poem by Stormy Weather

You’re going away now.


The days when I was reduced to a crying lump of a person on my bedroom floor flood back into my brain. When I waved my last sorry, my last “I love you” away into the springy April night. The penetrating scents of Gray Flannel and eucalyptus soothed me into withstanding the feeling of falling apart. Eventually, the rain started up and I began to crawl back into place.


You’re going away now.


I remember stormy eyes, filled with so many words. The steady beat of the shared music between us, seeming to fill the spaces left by the silence. The ghost of a smile, forever on his lips, haunted me. Laughter echoed through the room, and even though I was smiling with a twinkle in my eyes, I was swallowing a golf ball. I have never felt so heavy.


You’re going away now.


I was light as a feather but his kisses were heavy, and hot. I felt the feigned empathy well up inside me as he watched me with teary eyes. I could feel his breath slowly shuffling the lie right off my face, but he didn't seem to notice at the time. As I spoke and I laughed that day, I never once let my heart say a word.


You’re going away now.


But, it’s different this time. You’re still here.

© 2012 Stormy Weather


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB

A love lost, was never found, a great write and nice read.

It is hard to say good-bye, when they left before the words where formed and your senses saw their departure, yet you still cry aloud in silent screams, turn away, turn back, turn again towards me.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stormy Weather

11 Years Ago

I quite like your interpretation. Thank you!



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB

A love lost, was never found, a great write and nice read.

It is hard to say good-bye, when they left before the words where formed and your senses saw their departure, yet you still cry aloud in silent screams, turn away, turn back, turn again towards me.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stormy Weather

11 Years Ago

I quite like your interpretation. Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Added on December 21, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012

Author

Stormy Weather
Stormy Weather

CA



About
"We're all mad here." more..

Writing
15 15

A Poem by Stormy Weather