Rotting truth.

Rotting truth.

A Poem by Stormy Weather
"

Simply an unsent letter.

"
Dear My Catalyst,
       I'm sorry. I know I was unfair to you. It's not your fault it didn't work. It's just the way you were born. But, I thought you should know, I was never lying. I knew it was real. When I looked into your eyes, I could see us, together, forever. I wanted to give it all to you. I've made mistakes, but I didn't want to make any with you. You were the perfect, untouched piece of sky that I didn't want to pollute. But, unfortunately, I let you down. You didn't make me crazy. I made myself crazy. I wanted and needed you more than anything on this earth. I don't think I've ever uttered these words before, that flow out with all the truth I could ever own....but, I'm in love with you. You're my best friend. I can be myself with you. I can trust you. When I'm with you, I feel so safe and indestructible. When we laughed, it was an honest laugh. My lover. When we kissed, life made sense. Sadness, loneliness......those didn't exist anymore. I felt whole again. Everything was perfect. When you'd hold me, I knew that was where I belonged. I was truly home, in your arms. You were also, unfortunately, my villain. You made me cry. You made me hate myself. You made me hurt. However, with all that, you made me feel. Out of my numbness, you brought me back to life. I was dead. You made me sad. You made me happy. And, most importantly, you made me love. I loved everything you are. I loved your laugh. I loved your smile. I loved the way you'd play with my hair. I loved your kindness. I loved you. My little everything, please, never change who you are. You are so beautiful. A bright, shining star in a dark galaxy. Be happy. And, always know that I love everything you are. I miss you more and more everyday.
                                                                                Love Always,
                                                                                A Memory.

© 2011 Stormy Weather


Author's Note

Stormy Weather
Not exactly a poem, I know.....it truly is just a letter. Sorry for the lacking in technicality.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on May 30, 2011
Last Updated on June 1, 2011

Author

Stormy Weather
Stormy Weather

CA



About
"We're all mad here." more..

Writing
15 15

A Poem by Stormy Weather