Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel

A Story by Stormy Weather

Out on the playground of an elementary school, a little girl sat in the grass, underneath a large tree. She was 9 years old, and never spoke. Her dirty-blonde hair was always messy and tangled, and her clothes never seemed to fit her right. In class, when the teacher called on her to answer, her hazel eyes darted to the ground and only a faint whisper would emit from her lips. Her classmates all had their rumors to share about her, making sure everyone would fear her enough not to acknowledge her as a friend. Her skin, always being freckled with dark bruises, was the main topic of the rumors. They said she was part Dalmation, and that if anyone got to close, she would turn them into a dog. Consequently, no one ever spoke to her. 
After school she walked to her house, while keeping her eyes glued on the ground, as she always did. Finally, she came upon a run-down house with an unkept yard. She lightly stepped up the stairs, and opened the door. She walked into the messy living room, as a man fumbled down the stairs. He was brown-haired and ill-tempered. He looked to be in his late 30's, and was rather thin. His dark eyes had a manic gleam, and his slack jaw could only slur his words. She bashfully greeted her Father as he made his way into the kitchen. She started up the stairs when she heard him yell in a familar tone that she should've been home sooner to make him lunch. She rushed up the stairs and into her room. She found the closet she often occupied, and crawled into the small space as she heard the sound of his footsteps storming up the stairs. She shut her eyes tight and imagined she was flying, like she always did when she was afraid. She thought of flying through the sky so fast, that no one could stop or reach her. She thought of flying far far away until she didn't recognize the scenery. And, most of all, she thought of flying to her Mother, who was awaiting her arrival in heaven. As the closet door was ripped open, she imagined even more that she was flying away. Each blow was just sending her further into her dream. Screams echoed off the walls, until it was silent. She opened her eyes, and saw she was flying....fast! She couldn't believe it. She blinked to make sure she wasn't dreaming, and when she looked, she saw her Mother waiting for her with open arms. 
"Am I dreaming?" she asked her Mother.
"No, honey," her mother answered sweetly, "you've just finally come home."

© 2011 Stormy Weather


Author's Note

Stormy Weather
Kind of a rip-off of the Martina McBride song, I know...it was kinda my inspiration I guess you could say.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

812 Views
Added on June 1, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011

Author

Stormy Weather
Stormy Weather

CA



About
"We're all mad here." more..

Writing
15 15

A Poem by Stormy Weather