Love Triangles are Fun.

Love Triangles are Fun.

A Story by Stormy Weather

   We were walking to class as usual. The air between us was light and cheerful, of course. The ghost of a smile lingered on my lips, in the silence after his joke. But, a small frown quickly replaced it as he told me yet another story about her. I could see his entire face lighten up as soon as he uttered her name. The enthusiasm in his voice was almost too obvious. I could feel the butterflies in the stomach stop fluttering, and one by one, slowly die. I faked a smile as he continued on about another one of their brigades. 
   
    I couldn't understand her. This girl. This lucky, lucky girl. She had his heart in the palm of her hand. His sweet, funny, amazing heart. They were friends. But nothing more. He had sadly told me long ago how she had rejected him, but he kept trying. His perseverance was impressive, but what was even more astounding is the fact that she would reject HIM. He was something special. Truly unique. He was the kind of guy who was your best friend and your big brother. He could make you genuinely laugh, be silly, and at the same time protect you from the world. He was the kind of guy who would always back you up. He was a gentleman. He was truly a good guy, through and through. I didn't understand how she could let him slip through her fingers. Insane.
     Did she have any clue? Did she know that I dreamt of him every night? Did she know that when I saw him, my heart would stop? Yet, ironically, while I am feeling these things, he is throwing rocks at her window in a storm. And she sleeps away soundly, dreaming of her knight in shining armor. Her knight? He is outside her window. If only she cared to look....
    I wondered how he would feel if he knew. Would he feel differently about me? Would he figure out that he actually likes me? Now, wouldn't that be idyllic. Realistically, he probably would feel too awkward to talk to me anymore. There goes another friend I can cross off my list. Perfect. So, I keep it all in my head-and now on this paper. 
    He likes to talk about her whenever the chance is present, and I have to pretend that it is not killing me inside every time he says her name. The love in his voice when he speaks of her is like a knife that cuts me deeper and deeper. Even though it pains me to see him so infatuated with her, it hurts me even more that she can't see the amazing man he is. He is in love with a blinded buffoon. That lucky, lucky blinded buffoon. 

     We got to our class and made it to our seats right as the late-bell rung it's sickening ring. I was admiring him from across the room until he caught me staring. I smiled like it was nothing and stuck out my tongue playfully. He returned the smile, and even though he was looking at me, I could tell she was on his mind. I recognized the gleam in his eye from whenever he speaks her name. I sighed and felt the familiar feeling of a boulder landing in my stomach. I decided to actually pay attention and glanced up at the board. 
           "Unrequited Love: How common is it?" was written in large letters on the white board. 
                            Life is so ironic. 

© 2011 Stormy Weather


Author's Note

Stormy Weather
Ignore any grammatical errors and such, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This speaks loudly. I can feel the love, the hurt. It make me tear up. I can feel that boulder too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 7, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011

Author

Stormy Weather
Stormy Weather

CA



About
"We're all mad here." more..

Writing
15 15

A Poem by Stormy Weather